• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Slave girl faces

michaelmichaels

TMF Expert
Practising my drawing, inking and cel shading.

Still finding it a real bind to draw likenesses (No longer tracing unless I'm in a rush to meet a deadline).

Gradually making my linework thinner. Might end up inking at 1 or 2 pixels width...

Found a quick way to lay base colours between lines (Colourisation mask), but need to tidy up my shading.

Attachments

• Faces jpeg.PNG
    Faces jpeg.PNG
    177.5 KB · Views: 45
I actually just picked up a sketchbook the other day and decided to get back into drawing -- first time touching a pencil to paper in about 15 or more years. I stopped due to frustration from OCD and perfectionism. Honestly and sincerely those faces don't look half bad. I think you're doing pretty good so far. My only critique is that last girl on the right -- she looks like she's received a little more punishment than the other women lol.

Yah, looks kinda cross eyed...

Just got to keep on plugging away. I'm trying to get to the stage where I can draw a decent face without needing to refer to reference, or check it via an overlay of the reference.

But getting better. Takes a 100 cap pics before the good ones come out.

Haven't drawn much in 30 years. Strarted again in Jan 2020, and stupidly traced too much. Got my rendering quite good, but my drawing way behind. So trying to catch up.

Good luck.

Nah man, seriously they look pretty good especially for just starting again. Even the last girl -- I was just using the opportunity to make a joke more so than actually criticize. I'm finding that I actually am having quite a bit of trouble with eyes myself, and lips and noses -- my hands have been shaking worse than Michael J Fox sitting on a washing machine licking a car battery. Don't be discouraged at all man -- your work looks good. Your style kind of reminds me of the art during the opening loading screen of GTA V -- I don't know if you're familiar, but the faces you drew have a similar feel and style to that art. And I don't think tracing was in vain -- regardless of tracing, it still laid rough groundwork in your brain for how things are formed and flow into one another. Believe it or not, many legit professional artists use tracing for many different applications -- that's something I'm learning the deeper I get into this world -- there aren't many people who just flawlessly free-hand every single frame and panel from nothing but the mind's eye -- they use all manner of tools and abstract, outside the box ways to achieve the final product.

Art is about the effective communication of expression -- it's more about the ends than the means. Take hip-hop artists for example -- some of the most powerful, successful hip-hop tracks are driven by beats that were created using a loop or piece of a pre-existing piece of music that got emulated, chopped up, remixed -- the musical equivalent of "tracing," yet in the end was formed into a unique, original product independent of the origins in which it's rooted. If you have to trace a photograph or part of an image as a base and foundation for an idea of your own, you're merely doing what many of the pro's do anyway.

Be patient and love the fact that despite any imperfections, you are getting better every time you practice.

What's New

6/1/2024
Need to report a post? The report butt0n is to its lower left!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back