• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Subspace in your own words

Dr. Bill Kobb

Level of Cherry Feather
Hey Theatergoers!

For anyone who's ever dabbled into S&M/B&D hijinks: I'd like to hear how you personally describe what people term "subspace" in such encounters. I'm not interested in links to official descriptions, but how you think of it in your play. As far as I'm concerned, there are no wrong answers. Just curious what it means to different people. Have you ever reached it? If not, why not?

Also curious if anyone has reached this fabled state through tickling torture.

Thanks!

For Jenna and I, tickling isn't really strong enough alone to have either of us achieve that level of...zen, I suppose one could consider it. x) It's euphoric, as most of us tickle-lovers enjoy, but to enter subspace, I think restrictive bondage is more our trigger. It'll require some really dark fantasies for me to reach that level through tickling alone, perhaps something more non-consentual than "wishing to attain it," and probably impossible for Jenna (no tickle-specific fetish).

Given enough material biting into the skin, enough time kept that way, and enough special attention/situation/dialogue generated during that time, I think it's totally possible for us to reach it, and we'd so want to! :super_hap

Many thanks for the intriguing remarks. I guess I find the term so interesting because of its relative newness. I don't recall it ever being bandied about back in the day. Now, it's all I ever seem to hear about.

I think I do know what you mean about the thrilling aspects of being bound. With someone you trust implicitly, the feel of the ropes restraining you can be such a rush. Like a part of you or something. Hard to describe.

Um... for those who are hidden under a rock, can you give 'a' definition of what this 'subspace' even is? :huh

*Upon reading the title of this thread, images of spaceships in sci-fi films came to mind, which, after reading your post, I know is so not what this is regarding.*

Subspace is the wonderful place your mind finds itself in when a top really puts you into a beautifully submissive mood. When you're completely okay with how helpless and out of control a situation is, when you completely trust someone with your fate, a fate you can barely stand but want more than anything.

I guess I find the term so interesting because of its relative newness. I don't recall it ever being bandied about back in the day. Now, it's all I ever seem to hear about.

The first time I ever encountered the term was in a BDSM-themed webcomic called Collar 6 - there, "subspace" was somewhat humorously (and creatively!) referenced as a special ability defensive technique, which acts as a happy-place-esque safespot for a kinky combatant to withdraw to in the face of a dominant "attack," which if powerful enough (like a riding crop imbued with flaming magic), can shatter the subspace defensive mode and break the sub's resolve.

It was months later that I discovered subspace was a "real term." :lol

The first time I ever encountered the term was in a BDSM-themed webcomic called Collar 6 - there, "subspace" was somewhat humorously (and creatively!) referenced as a special ability defensive technique, which acts as a happy-place-esque safespot for a kinky combatant to withdraw to in the face of a dominant "attack," which if powerful enough (like a riding crop imbued with flaming magic), can shatter the subspace defensive mode and break the sub's resolve.

It was months later that I discovered subspace was a "real term." :lol

Yeah, and from what I can tell, it seems to have varying connotations to different people. That's why I'm curious about hearing how others on the theater view the term. It sounds cool. Who wouldn't want to achieve "Suuubspaaace" during kinky sex? I wouldn't call it subspace, but I was on such an intense endorphin/serotonin rush the other night after Mistress Vivian gave me sheer tickling hell atop my own bed.

Subspace is the wonderful place your mind finds itself in when a top really puts you into a beautifully submissive mood. When you're completely okay with how helpless and out of control a situation is, when you completely trust someone with your fate, a fate you can barely stand but want more than anything.

I didn't know what "subspace" meant until just now, but oh boy, do I know that feeling. Beautifully summarized. :rolleyes :drool

Hmm, that does sound pretty much like where I was at last week. Maybe I did hit subspace.

Um... for those who are hidden under a rock, can you give 'a' definition of what this 'subspace' even is? :huh

*Upon reading the title of this thread, images of spaceships in sci-fi films came to mind, which, after reading your post, I know is so not what this is regarding.*

I'm sure you can find an "official" definition through a web-search, but I want to hear what people here who might have achieved it feel like it represents. It does have a wonderful sort of sci-fi feel to it, doesn't it?

I actually hit it pretty hard my first time in bondage, ironically during a tickle session. I don't know how long it lasted, because my entire perception of time was gone. Apparently the length of the session was about 3hrs or so.
At first it sort of feels like a panic attack: heavy breathing, dizziness...I might have enjoyed it more if I'd known to "let go" and trust my dom, but it was my first time meeting this person and I'm a horrible cynic.

But once I got over the initial hump of dread and maintaining my composure, it was sort of like a roller coaster. When he finally un-buckled me from his dungeon table, it was all I could do to even walk up the stairs--or even stand. I declined aftercare because I didn't want him to see me being all fragile, but I've found since that I sort of...crave that fragility. As someone who spends their life in their own head, the rush of being in the moment, unguarded and vulnerable was incredibly refreshing.

What's New

5/18/2024
The vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is still open! Vote in the GFA forum today!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back