• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Rysa in TickleLand

C.A.B.

3rd Level White Feather
Liner Notes: Once again it was my great pleasure to team up with the outstanding fetish author, Myriads
And we are very pleased to present you here this very special work honoring a very special artist of days gone by. Here is Myriads to explain:

""C.A.B. my partner in crime for this project, asked me to write the 'liner notes' that he enjoys supplying with his works. And given the background of this specific one, some notes are very much called for.

"Rysa in TickleLand" is inspired by the classic newspaper Sunday strip "Little Nemo in Slumberland" which ran in major US newspapers between 1905 and 1927. Created by Winsor McCay, the strip detailed the adventures of a young boy named Nemo, who would fall asleep each night in his bed, and be whisked off to Slumberland; a dream world, where he'd have adventures with a wide range of fanciful characters. In the history of newspaper strips, the series is considered iconic, and enjoyed a huge amount of popularity in it's day.

The most interesting things about the strip were Winsor McCay's choices in style and design. He drew the strip in a surrealistic way that used non standard panel lay out, incorporated design elements of the story into the flow of the strip, and brought an Art Deco sense of design to it all. Many of the ways McCay did things would not become standard in comic art story telling until the 1960's, and he was decades in advance of the Surrealist art movement that would be later be best expressed by Salvador Dali.

"Little Nemo in Slumberland" was a multi-layered work, that explored psychology, cultural ideas, and reflected it's era on many levels. It could be surprisingly dark for it's time, with many of the earliest strips covering the plethora of ways one can die in a dream. Much like the artwork, Nemo's scripting was ahead if it's time.

Here is a web archive that holds only a fraction of all the strips in the series for you to see, if your curiosity is peeked: http://www.comicstriplibrary.org/browse/results?title=2

McCay did animation in a serious way almost a full decade before Disney got started, and did it better. And there is little question that he influenced the man who would build an empire on a cartoon mouse. Sadly almost all of his animation work has not survived.

He is often credited as a direct inspiration to artists ranging from Maxfield Parrish, to James Montgomery Flagg, to Norman Rockwell. And his funeral in the early 1930's was a who's who of artists that would become household names in the years to come.

Sadly time, in it's way, has washed McCay, and Nemo from the memories of most people today. And to my great surprise, even C.A.B., whom has a massive art-history knowledge, had not encountered him when I first brought McCay up in a conversation we were sharing a few months back. I was inspired to see if I could write a series in the style of Nemo, and C.A.B. agreed to supply the art and input to realize the project that you see above. I'm quite sure that he'll have his own unique thoughts about this to follow mine.

We hope that you enjoy Rysa's adventures of discovery, and we hope to do more of them over time. They are quite labor intensive from both the art and story side of things, which was an unexpected surprise to both of us, as we deconstructed McCay's works, and found that they were a lot more complicated then they looked to execute. So future editions may be pretty spaced out. Thank you for giving us a bit of your attention and time.

Myriads

Last edited:
What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back