• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

The Jackson Twins (toon)

Strelnikov

4th Level Red Feather
Older members may remember “The Jackson Twins”, a newspaper comic strip that ran from the 1950s through the 1970s. It featured “mirror” identical twins Jill and Janice Jackson, wholesome all-American girls living in small-town USA, and their family and friends. The daily strip was a soap opera, with roughly 3-week story arcs – I didn't read those. The Sunday strips were one-offs, typically hi-jinks and pranks committed by, or inflicted on, the twins. Those, I did read – I borrowed heavily from them to create personalities for Vicky and Veronica Righetti of “Tickle Street”.

The twins spent enough time barefoot that my adolescent self wondered if their feet were ticklish. Here, we have the answer – in an alternate universe, this toon could have been the last panel of a Sunday strip. The dialog is a parody of the 1960s opening title of ABC's “Wide World of Sports”.

Strelnikov

Jackson Twins.jpg

Nice twist on the comic! Thanks for posting.

Strel,<br>if more newspaper comics today were THIS much fun, the medium wouldn't be a pale shadow of its former quintessence of mainstream entertainment. <br>Had you deviously told us that these two panels were extracts from actual JACKSON TWINS Sunday strips, I would have happily believed it. The strip, after all, ran nearly thirty years, and surely both of these ageless, spunky twins were tickled over its course.<p> What I can't figure out is that, while the twins were alliteratively named Jill and Jan, and their parents Jim and Julia, AND their brother Junior, somehow their boyfriends ended up with the names Wiffle and Nightowl. 'Guess Brooks didn't want to strain credulity. ;) <p> Thanks for this terrific tweaking of a bygone regular Sunday visitor. You've really got a knack for spicing up our halcyon Boomer favorites.

Last edited:
In the interest of symmetry...

A Sunday comic strip has 8 panels in two rows. The first toon might be Panel # 4, end of first row. Then this one is the last panel, when the tickler-twin gets her come-uppance.

Strelnikov

Jackson Twins 2.jpg

What's New

4/20/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome Forum and take a momenrt to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back