• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Bad Cookies??

giggleBrat

TMF Regular
Hi hi,

Anyone who could guide me would be fab.

How does one get 'bad cookies' from here? I am repeatedly trying to log on on my phone and get kicked out. At the advice of Myriads recently, he said I'm probably getting bad cookies and to clear the cache/brower stuff thingy on my phone. (paraphrasing)

It works. However, its happening more often lately. How am I getting them in the first place? Never dreamed cookies could be bad on any level cept possibly plain sugar cookies. o_O

Hugs and kisses,
~NMN

Are you using the Tapatalk app or just the regular website? And what phone do you use? If it is an iPhone, I have noticed that running many application in addition to web browsing can cause your phone to forget its cookies when you switch between apps. The iPhone does not do multitasking memory management all that well, at least not with Safari. If you are on an iPhone, try downloading the Google Chrome browser. It is free and may be a little better in terms of remembering cookies.

Thanks, doll.

This only happens when I'm accessing the website. I have an android. Just happened to me again prior to logging on now. Had to clear twice; didn't take the first time. *sigh*

I can think of a few things. I know folks have trouble on their desktop computers if they try to go to http://ticklingforum.com instead of http://www.ticklingforum.com (note the www in the second link). If you are using the version without the www on your phone, try switching.

When was the last time the phone was totally powered off and restarted? If it has been a long time, that may be worth a try after doing a cache/temporary internet files clearing.

You did not happen to upgrade to the newest version of Android, did you? It was released not that long ago and is hitting many phones now.

Shoot! I missed this response! Thanks so much!! You're such a keeper... prompt.

I did try both ways, with your advice, with and w/out the www. Still happens off and on.

I now try to remember to reboot my phone every couple of days. You're probably right.

I didn't do any upgrade to my existing phone. It is a new one as of the beginning of October as my other phone self-destructed. Lol.

It's weird bc I don't recall this ever happening before and now its a fairly standard occurrence, so I didn't know if changes were made to the site to make this start happening.

Truly appreciate your prompt response and efforts. Don't ever leave here!!! Pleeease! :)

Warmly,
~NMN

Do you know if it occurs when you are on the move? For example, if you sign in at home and later browse somewhere else at least a few miles from home, does it happen? If you stay in one place, does it occur? I find it hard to believe it would be having that kind of issue, but I am having a hard time thinking of exactly what it is.

You mentioned this is a new phone. Has it been happening ever since you got the new phone? Or did it happen on the old one?

I only notice it when I'm at home or I think over my parents house. I use their wifi.

It started like near the end of Oct, I want to say. I need to double check.

It's only been happening with the new phone but I had it for at least a month before it started.

Thanks so much!! :)

Ah, I wonder if this is related to the switch between WiFi and cellular data? Can you try an experiment for me:

1. Turn off WiFi and leave it off (NOTE: you will use cellular data by doing this. Be careful of how much you download!)
2. Clear your temporary internet files
3. Log into the TMF
4. Try using the TMF on your phone for a few days (or however long it usually takes to get the error)

Another alternative experiment would be to try a different web browser to see if it is Chrome-specific. Opera is a good choice (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.opera.browser&hl=en). You can try installing that and using it to browse the TMF. If it does not produce the error, then something is up with Chrome.

I will do that!! Thank you!!!

Get this... for the last couple weeks or so... on my laptop, I'll be in chat for a while and click somewhere like private messages and I'm logged out of TMF! I just hop out of chat, I don't click to log off TMF. That's happens every few days, again, for the last couple weeks or so. :/

There is an automatic timeout (I believe it is an hour) where if you have not done anything on the forum you will be logged out. I believe the chatroom does not count as "doing" anything. You have to click a link in the TMF, read a post, make a post, respond to a PM, etc in order to be seen as active.

Thank you so much, kind sir! That makes sense.

*sigh* Still bummed out that I have to clear my cache alot, several times a week. Still dont understand why this one site kicks me out.

One thing that was happening that I forgot to mention... on my laptop too... does the website save my IP addr? I would pull up the site, not logged on, check whos in chat and I was listed! Um. What? Couldnt figure out how. I wasnt the first name on the list which I usually am, I'd be listed in the alphabetically in the list... mind you, not logged on... just booted up the computer.

I hope your holidays were abundant and enjoyable. :)

There is a latency in when a name vanishes from the chat and on forum lists. It gets refreshed every so often. So you can encounter your name there even if you've been off site for a bit.

Myriads

What's New

4/25/2024
Visit Tickle Experiement for clips! Details in the TE box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back