• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Cooks / Foodies of the TMF

The so-called Rickshaw Noodles are a kind of fast food, really good value for money, and popular with the Hong Kong people since the 1960's.

They are instant noodles with a variety of other ingredients such as hogskin, fish balls, sirloin, and carrots, with soup and sauces. Due to the variety of ingredients, they come in many flavors and the price range is wide.

This sounds really good. I've always wanted to try homemade ramen (though the packaged kind can be pretty good too).

I've always wanted to try Frog Legs.

I love making Alfredo. I always use Pepperjack Cheese for the Sauce.

As far as my Favorite Dish to eat, I don't know if a "Make it Yourself Dish" counts, but I sometimes go to this Restaurant where you can make you're own Dish. I was just there Yesterday, it's called Genghis Grill.

Contains: Cajun Seasoned Chicken, Udon Noodles, Pepperoni, Jalapenos, Onions, Cayenne Pepper, Black Pepper, Garlic, Khanzu Sauce, Cajun Dragon Salt.

Frog legs taste like chicken, but with a swampy aftertaste. You can taste its environment, similar to how fresh oysters taste like the ocean.

I've made Alfredo sauce a few times. I like to make it a little lighter with less butter and sub 1/2 and 1/2 for cream. Then I use some cream cheese (or neufchatel cheese) and parm. I like to add peas and sauteed mushrooms to mine. :)

And udon noodles are bombbbbbb!

@Chicago -

Your steak technique is interesting...I have a couple of rib-eyes I might try that on tonight. Lately, I've been forced to cook on electronic stove tops, and I didn't realize the difference it makes when you're cooking steaks. I prefer gas ovens, or any kind of flame driven heat. These electronic burners take some getting used to.

Yeah, they do. I grew up with gas oven / stove until I had my first apartment and even then, I never did much cooking. Now, that I'm really getting into it, I have to do it with an electric stove / oven, but every oven takes getting used to, cuz they're all a little different. Just gotta trial and error, tweak times and temps.

The sous-vide technique is pretty fool proof. Steak'll be the same doneness if you left it for hours. It'd just be cold lol. But you'd probably have to leave it pretty long for it to get cold since it only loses one degree per hour. Honestly, the hardest part of the whole thing is heating enough water to fill the cooler. I had a pretty big cooler, so needed 3 different pots (which were all diff sizes) to get enough. One pot would always get way hotter before the others and it'd be a bit of a headache, but i mean, worst case scenario, the water is all too hot and you just put it in the cooler with the top off and check it every couple minutes til it's where you want it.

The other hardest part is waiting an hour to eat it :)

@Chicago -

Your steak technique is interesting...I have a couple of rib-eyes I might try that on tonight. Lately, I've been forced to cook on electronic stove tops, and I didn't realize the difference it makes when you're cooking steaks. I prefer gas ovens, or any kind of flame driven heat. These electronic burners take some getting used to.

Oh yeah, me too!

Mm-hm. Mm-hm. Yeah... I'll probably stick with chicken, to be honest.

:shock:

I don't mean swampy negatively. It's different and interesting, then again, I like odd foods that have a bit of what I call 'funk' to 'em lol

Currently, I'm waiting for some phyllo dough to thaw so I can make some homemade Tiropitas or Greek cheese hand-pies. It's been years since I've had one with authentic ingredients. Grew up eating them, so I'm pretty excited. Was a bitch getting the right cheeses, but it'll be well worth it. Pics to come!

Frog legs are tasty!

Got my steaks marinading in some lovely olive oil, red wine, Worcestershire, garlic, etc. I'm serving mashed sweet potatoes on the side, so, in keeping with the them of the thread, I recommend trying mashed sweet potatoes with the usual butter, salt, pepper, milk, - and then adding some very finally chopped jalapenos for a bit of a kick. I buy the little cans of jalapenos and add a little of the juice from the can as well, and sometimes a bit of brown sugar. Sweet and spicy.

Frog legs are tasty!

Got my steaks marinading in some lovely olive oil, red wine, Worcestershire, garlic, etc. I'm serving mashed sweet potatoes on the side, so, in keeping with the them of the thread, I recommend trying mashed sweet potatoes with the usual butter, salt, pepper, milk, - and then adding some very finally chopped jalapenos for a bit of a kick. I buy the little cans of jalapenos and add a little of the juice from the can as well, and sometimes a bit of brown sugar. Sweet and spicy.

That sounds awesome, ever try chipotle peppers instead of jalapenos? They have a smoky spiciness that is so good with sweet potatoes.

I like those too. Either way it's a nice pairing, but the smokiness does add another dimension. Come to think of it, some sliced avocado on the steak would be good too...cool it all off. Getting drooly all of a sudden.

Tiropitas are done! They did not come out as pretty as I had hoped, the phyllo dough is pretty delicate and somewhat tricky to work with, but they're still delicious. This was a trial run, I think next time I will add some onions and herbs to jazz it up a bit more.

jab5o2.jpg

I followed the recipe found here, it's the 2nd one down called "Tiropita Triangles."

<embed width="440" height="420" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://v8.tinypic.com/player.swf?file=2lt3rys&s=8"><br><font size="1"><a href="http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=2lt3rys&s=8">Original Video</a> - More videos at <a href="http://tinypic.com">TinyPic</a></font>

Video of how to fold them into triangles.

Filo is a pain in the ass but definitely worth the hassle. Those look good, but I don't eat cheese, so maybe I'd fill 'em with some kind of ground up meat product. Like a pastie.

Filo is a pain in the ass but definitely worth the hassle. Those look good, but I don't eat cheese, so maybe I'd fill 'em with some kind of ground up meat product. Like a pastie.

Thanks! Did you cook your steaks yet?

Yep, but I did 'em the old fashioned way after realizing I had neither a cooler nor a decent thermometer. I'm not home so my options were limited. Luckily, I had cast iron. I will try your technique though, soon as I have the means.

Yesterday, continuing with the Greek theme, I tried my hand at Pastitsio. A favorite of mine, kinda like a Greek lasagne, means "messy kitchen" and comes from the Italian word "pasticcio" meaning "mess." I followed this recipe.

In order for it to taste right, you gotta get 1 500g package of Pastitsio Macaroni #2. Usually can find in the international food section of the supermarket, or you can use penne or some shit, I guess.

81v67JOMmhL._SX425_.jpg

And you gotta get the kefalotyri cheese, but good luck finding it unless you live near a Greek market / deli / neighborhood. I ordered mine from parthenonfoods.com.

72yfr7.jpg

Heat up some olive oil and brown up about 2 pounds of ground beef / ground lamb / or a combo, then add a big yellow onion diced, cook til translucent. Then add some cinnamon, allspice, salt, pepper, white wine, tomato sauce, and parsley and let that simmer until a lot of the liquid cooks down. While that's going, cook the noodles BUT BE CAREFUL AND DONT BREAK THEM.

29mq8g3.jpg

Toss the noodles in some butter, egg whites, and a cup of the kefalotyri cheese then line half of them them up on the bottom of a roasting pan. I used a 12 x 18 x 3 sized one. Flatten the noodles as much as you can and then pour the meat sauce in an even layer over the noodles. Then line up the other half of the noodles to cover the meat sauce.

Once that's set up, preheat oven to like 375 and get your bechamel sauce ready. Melt a cup of butter over low heat, add a cup of flour slowly, whisking constantly to make a roux. Let that cook for a minute, but don't let it brown. Add a quart of warmed milk in a slow stream, whisking constantly. Then, turn up the heat so it simmers a bit but doesn't boil until it thickens up. Then take off the heat and whisk in about 8 lightly beaten egg yolks and a pinch of nutmeg. It should be thicker than gravy but thinner than pudding. If you coat the back of a spoon, draw a line through it with your finger, and the line stays (sauce doesn't run) then it's thick enough.

Pour over the top of the pastitsio, making sure to get into the corners and edges. (I used a spatula to go around the edges of the pan to ensure the sauce got all in there). Cover with another 1/2 cup of kefalotyri and bake for 45 min to an hour.

pu98p.jpg

So damn good, but the recipe makes a shit ton so might wanna freeze it after or something or share with a bunch of people.

Right now, I'm waiting for my pastry dough to rest so I can get started on some homemade pop tarts. :D Raspberry, blueberry, and nutella.

Wow. Damned impressive. I've never heard of that dish before but it sounds fantastic (minus the cheese, of course.) And homemade pop-tarts, oi, that sounds diabetically declious...I love Nutella and peanut butter.

Wow. Damned impressive. I've never heard of that dish before but it sounds fantastic (minus the cheese, of course.) And homemade pop-tarts, oi, that sounds diabetically declious...I love Nutella and peanut butter.

You can sub parmesan for the kefalotyri. The pop tarts are almost ready. Just waiting for them to cool so I can decorate. :D

5y5d2r.jpg

21bsqc9.jpg

I followed this recipe.

The ones with the colored sprinkles are raspberry and have a glaze made of powdered sugar, lemon juice, and food coloring and the others are nutella with a powdered sugar / vanilla extract glaze and a bit of cocoa powder dusted on top.

Don't forget crumpets...tasty, little crumpets.

Speaking of Nutella, a friend of mine made Cannoli with Nutella in the filling, and was attempting to make a Nutella mousse.

Don't forget crumpets...tasty, little crumpets.

Speaking of Nutella, a friend of mine made Cannoli with Nutella in the filling, and was attempting to make a Nutella mousse.

I'm not a huge fan of nutella. It's a little too sweet for me, but made into a mouse, might be aiight. Cannoli are so bomb, but I don't think I have the patience to make them. Those tiny pastry shells and all that. Nope.

I wish I had an ounce of cooking talent in my body but sadly it appears I inherited none of my mother's talent for food preparation.

I wish I could make the things she makes, french silk pies, five cheese lasagna, marinated steak with baked potato...mmmmm...

This sounds wonderful! I love to cook, but I haven't had the time to truly do cooking justice. I will have quite a lot of time on my hands shortly, and I plan to try this recipe. Thanks very much for sharing it.
What's your favorite dish to eat / recipe to make and why? Or what's something you're looking forward to trying either tasting for the first time or attempting to prepare yourself for the first time. Basically, anything foodie / culinary related I'm down to hear about. :)

Within the last few years, I tried prime rib for the first time and that shit is like meat nirvana. I only have it once in a while, but it's probably my favorite thing. I'm reading through some recipes right now and hopefully in the next week or so I can try to make it at home.

Maybe serve 'em with some little Yorkshire puddings or pate a choux?

What's New

4/19/2024
Check out the huge number of thicklign clips that can be found at Clips4Sale. The webs biggest fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back