• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Selling Old Computer Parts For Cash..

Mitchell

Level of Coral Feather
I hadnt wanted to start a new thread about this.. but.. as the other thread about my old computer crashing, has died out, I wanted to post a thread asking for advice about my old computer parts.

As I posted before, I bought a new HP notebook/laptop on Saturday, after my old Acer laptop, from August 2011, completely crashed.

At the time I bought this computer.. the guy who sold it to me, advised me to sell my old computer.. for cash. He advised me that I might get a price of "$100 or more" for such. He also told me that nearly four years, is a good lifespan for a computer, and that most computers cant be expected to last more than 3 to 5 years at this point. When I told him about my previous Dell desktop that had lasted me from 2002 to 2011, he said that was a complete aberration. I just got rid of the Dell, at the time it crashed on me, in 2011, as it was so old, that I was told at the time that it wouldnt be of any use to anyone.

I emailed a website that claimed they pay cash for old computers, and that they pay the shipping. I received a very.. unclear explanation from them, e-mailed them a second time, and I';m waiting to hear back.

Which brings me to my question.

Have any forum members had experience selling old, used computers.. or computer parts, for cash, and.. did you get a good price for such?

Any advice would be appreciated. I'd like to get the old computer out of my apartment, and raise cash by selling it.

Thanks.

No real advice, except remove the hard drive first. It may have things on it that you don't want strangers to get, and they can recover data even from a "wiped clean" drive.

I sold it already., Terrz,. for a ridiculously low price, but thanks for the advice anyway.

What's New

4/20/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome Forum and take a momenrt to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back