• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Anyone got rid of the tickle fetish?

BarbaricTickler88

TMF Master
I was wondering if someone ever knew someone who actually managed to get rid of tickle fetish via therapy or, I don't know...tickle abstinence or something?

I did once. ...for about 15 minutes.

Sexual fetishes can be contained and limited by various therapy, like any psychological process.

Mostly you like what you like. You can learn to ignore it, and you can mask it with other behaviors, but it's pretty much there for life.

Myriads

Sexual fetishes can be contained and limited by various therapy, like any psychological process.

Mostly you like what you like. You can learn to ignore it, and you can mask it with other behaviors, but it's pretty much there for life.

Myriads

That's not an encouraging thought.

Because it's obstructing my emotional life in an efficient way.

How? There's a lot of experience on this forum, and many of us are pretty happy, I think. Maybe we can offer some advice, but you'd need to be more specific abou
t how it's affecting you.

Myriads
:iagree:
Personally, I don't want to get rid of it. I want to indulge it with consenting adults, and I do so. :D

Because it's obstructing my emotional life in an efficient way.

Principles. Your issue is not "tickle fetish". Your issue is command of yourself. Work on mastering your own weak habits and you will be able to compartmentalize and prioritize; and therefore enjoy all things in the quantities they deserve. Balance in all things. Self restraint. Practice.

Agreeing with what Wolf has just said you'd have to be more specific to get the advice your looking for. At the same time though I'd ask yourself whether its an issue that tickling itself is actually causing or whether its something deeper within yourself you need to understand and lovingly accept who you are.

Myriads

As usual, Myriads hit the nail on the head. If anyone has been able to muffle it, they surely wouldn't still be hanging out here.

Principles. Your issue is not "tickle fetish". Your issue is command of yourself. Work on mastering your own weak habits and you will be able to compartmentalize and prioritize; and therefore enjoy all things in the quantities they deserve. Balance in all things. Self restraint. Practice.

This is right on! Well said

Like all sexual fetishes, if you are 'obsessed' and unable to get through the day without focusing on neighboring feet etc..then go for therapy. Otherwise, the only way is a frontal lobotomy, and not guaranteed.

I had a friend from here actually who asked I stopped contacting her in any way because she "didn't have the fetish anymore". Whether or not that was true or she just was tired of me personally and that was the closest thing to a reasonable excuse for it I have no idea, but I've had people claim they outgrew it for sure.

Just like anything if you don't experience it won't stop haunting you.

You've got to engage in it enough so you can find out the answer, is this important enough that I can't live my life without it and have to find a partner willing to engage with me, or it doesn't mean as much as I originally had fantasized in my head, and I can slowly and gradually move on from it. It involves as some have said some type of principle and management.

Good luck

Like all sexual fetishes, if you are 'obsessed' and unable to get through the day without focusing on neighboring feet etc..then go for therapy. Otherwise, the only way is a frontal lobotomy, and not guaranteed.

I like your way of thinking! :p

Marbot, there's no need to go into any greater detail. It's sad when people try to convince you that you're on the wrong track and shouldn't be seeking this solution. In threads like this, people should either respond with advice on how to achieve what you're asking, or leave the thread for others to comment on it. Thankfully, most seem to get this pretty simple concept.

Fetishes are not built into your DNA. They are formed by associations. At some point (probably your childhood) associations were created between tickling and sexual arousal. If you want to get rid of the fetish, those existing associations must be countermanded or replaced with new associations. You can condition yourself to associate tickling with cruelty, or bullying, or some other concept that makes it unpalatable. Once that's done, it'll kill your boner quicker than a Lady Gaga video.

BAM!!!! No truer words than these!

Myriads said:

Gotta chime in with the rest who say, "This!". It's about putting your impulses in the right place, and balancing them with the rest of your life. A tickle fetish is harmless. It's what you do about it that makes the difference. It's not a binary thing, where have to either be either consumed by it, or deny deny deny and deny it some more, until it leaks out in some pretty unsavory ways. If you're getting pressure some outside, if someone thnks you should deny something harmless that makes you happy, and you're not being creepy towards strangers or doing something that affects someone else, you should ask yourself; what's going on in their head? Learn how to deal, to whatever extent that is for you, but don't deny. Do you want to be happy, or do you want to spend the rest of your life clenched like a fist?

The matter is very simple. Failing to indulge the most basic of all desires with the person you like or love inevitably lead to frustration at some point. Frustration then leads to nothing good. And tickle fetish is far from harmless, especially for the person being tickled. I completely understand that, and I also understand that someone can hate tickling entirely and I don't want to force it with some sort of emotional blackmail('if you love me, you will do it for me...'). 'No' means 'no' and I'm all for that, but when I know that my sexual desires(that are essential part of most real relationships) will stay entirely unsatisfied, I tend to lose hope and ask myself what is the damn point. Don't want to force it, can't make it without it and can't blame anyone. Not even myself. That's the worst part.
It would just be a lot easier if I was a normal person, since I can literally choose the girl I want to be with. But no, I have to live knowing that all of my potential relationships will perish at some point because I have desires that not one normal girl would ever like. And I'm surrounded by normal, or 'vanilla' as most of you would say. If some of you think that you can 'survive' in a relationship without tickling, then you don't actually have a fetish. You just enjoy tickling on a level that is slightly higher than normal, if there is such a thing. Fetish is not some bad habit that you can ignore. I'm sure there are at least some people who share my point of view.
And no, I'm not some obsessed psycho who stalk neighbors stealing their shoes and tickling them in their sleep. I'm actually a caring, faithful person, able to love and have normal hobbies, friends and all, so don't label me as some sort of deranged lunatic. I'm just someone who don't see a point to something and ultimately strive to change.

Door 44 Productions
What's New

4/23/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome Forum and take a moment to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back