• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

I'm so pissed they pulled my story

So does this mean all of my stories are gonna get taken down?

Let me try again.

If you used someone else intellectual property, then your material is open to a takedown request. If one is made we'll act on it, provided the asker has valid copyright to the material.

If no one complains then it stays.

If your material is original and does not use others copyrighted material it will always stay.

For example if the OP had called his clown character something different, and made alterations in appearance from the copyrighted material, then that story would still be here. Hell, it could be reposted with those alterations.

To summerise: If you use other peoples stuff you always run the risk of removal. But the owner NEEDS to make such a request, we don't protect everyones copyrights by default as it's not our job. It only becomes our job when we get valid requests.

Myriads

This is not just a rule on this forum, it's how the law works everywhere.

Copyright, trademark and patent law is primarily based on the active and aggressive defense of the owner. If the owner does not consistently defend or protect their work or intellectual property (IP) they can potentially lose the right to do so in the future. You can "Google" it! If a copyright, trademark or patent is allowed to be used by anyone in any situation without the permission of the owner, profit or not, as harmless as it may seem at that time, the owner can potentially lose the right to control or defend their "IP" in the future when it might really count for something. This is especially true if it can be demonstrated that the IP owner had a history of not aggressively defending their work and how it was used consistently. So while it might seem like an over-reaction, it is really an "All or Nothing" proposition when it comes to IP protection.

I wonder if PeterVincentTGVK has a licensing agreement with either Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc., Sony Pictures Entertainment, or the estate of Roddy McDowell for use of his name and title.

Nope. And if and if the creator of the character complained, I would have to change the name.

You know what's the worst part of it? That there's a lot of ranting people here and none of them knows how copyright works.

You know what's the worst part of it? That there's a lot of ranting people here and none of them knows how copyright works.

True! My media law book was as thick as a brick, and that was in the pre-Internet days. Reducing copyright law into a paragraph seems like a well-intentioned attempt at best, further backed up by the philosophy of "it's not illegal until you get caught" in terms of how material is used on the site as a whole.

That 'Treatise On Tickling' still floating around out there TMF that I wrote back in the 1990s - the one Max Speer and I used to sell for $$$ through the USPS along with his Tickling In The Media list as a set? The one someone other than me 'graciously' posted a few years back?

I grant full permission that it be left up on the TMF free of charge.

I'm fully aware this is an adults-only website that requests financial donations while using the works of others for its content without the expressed written permission of the legal owner... knowing that copyright is being violated but taking the easy way out with the "it's not illegal if we don't get caught" interpretation of copyright law. That's probably the same philosophy the minors lurking here use.

I just really don't care. The Treatise ran its course and I get this is a sexy-sexy website. I'm fine with it. I don't care. I doubt the people in the non-fetish images shared here, or mentioned in the fantasy stories or "fake" images would share my view, but then what they don't know won't hurt them, I guess.

True! My media law book was as thick as a brick, and that was in the
pre-Internet days. Reducing copyright law into a paragraph seems like a well-intentioned attempt at best, further backed up by the philosophy of "it's not illegal until you get caught" in terms of how material is used on the site as a whole.

That 'Treatise On Tickling' still floating around out there TMF that I wrote back in the 1990s - the one Max Speer and I used to sell for $$$ through the USPS along with his Tickling In The Media list as a set? The one someone other than me 'graciously' posted a few years back?

I grant full permission that it be left up on the TMF free of charge.

I'm fully aware this is an adults-only website that requests financial donations while using the works of others for its content without the expressed written permission of the legal owner... knowing that copyright is being violated but taking the easy way out with the "it's not illegal if we don't get caught" interpretation of copyright law. That's probably the same philosophy the minors lurking here use.

I just really don't care. The Treatise ran its course and I get this is a sexy-sexy website. I'm fine with it. I don't care. I doubt the people in the non-fetish images shared here, or mentioned in the fantasy stories or "fake" images would share my view, but then what they don't know won't hurt them, I guess.

No. Actually most of the posters in this thread have it pretty spot on. Yes you can reduce the idea to a single paragraph because not all of the details apply directly to this situation. Fundamentally, all laws operate under the basis of enforcement via getting caught. Technically speaking yes on paper you can violate a lot of rules by action alone but reality is it's not really illegal until you get caught because it didn't actually happen until you get caught. Trying to extend the idea further than that concept doesn't really make any proactive sense and is a little pretentious. That's exactly how it works.

Tree falls in the forest....you get the idea, catch up.

You prove it as well by granting permission for a writing to remain posted free of charge. The single line proves most of the previous posters in this thread are explaining the concept in a full and valid way.

Nothing more really needs to be said. At this point anything further is just a measuring match. :)

No. Actually most of the posters in this thread have it pretty spot on. Yes you can reduce the idea to a single paragraph because not all of the details apply directly to this situation. Fundamentally, all laws operate under the basis of enforcement via getting caught. Technically speaking yes on paper you can violate a lot of rules by action alone but reality is it's not really illegal until you get caught because it didn't actually happen until you get caught. Trying to extend the idea further than that concept doesn't really make any proactive sense and is a little pretentious. That's exactly how it works.

Tree falls in the forest....you get the idea, catch up.

You prove it as well by granting permission for a writing to remain posted free of charge. The single line proves most of the previous posters in this thread are explaining the concept in a full and valid way.

Nothing more really needs to be said. At this point anything further is just a measuring match. :)

It's still 100% illegal whether or not you get caught. Getting caught causes PUNISHMENT for the illegal act.

It's still 100% illegal whether or not you get caught. Getting caught causes PUNISHMENT for the illegal act.

Sigh...you're saying the same thing that I'm saying. There's no relevance to debating that detail. Measuring contest, see what I mean?

Sigh...you're saying the same thing that I'm saying. There's no relevance to debating that detail. Measuring contest, see what I mean?

We aren't saying the same thing at all. You said "It isn't illegal until you get caught. Because it doesn't actually happen until you get caught." Which is the opposite of what I said. If you're doing 80mph in a 50mph. It's an illegal act. Regardless of whether or not you get caught. As I said before getting caught causes punishment for the illegal act. I broke my finger yesterday. Just because you didn't see it happen doesn't mean it didn't happen.

I can see where this is going. So have a nice life. Buh-bye now.

We aren't saying the same thing at all. You said "It isn't illegal until you get caught. Because it doesn't actually happen until you get caught." Which is the opposite of what I said. If you're doing 80mph in a 50mph. It's an illegal act. Regardless of whether or not you get caught. As I said before getting caught causes punishment for the illegal act. I broke my finger yesterday. Just because you didn't see it happen doesn't mean it didn't happen.

I can see where this is going. So have a nice life. Buh-bye now.

Oh ok....so anyway you're/we're still saying the same thing. Btw how big is yours? Since, you know, you're measuring..

Oh ok....so anyway you're/we're still saying the same thing. Btw how big is yours? Since, you know, you're measuring..

Totally different and now off topic entirely. But since you can't resist commenting to this comment this thread will end up closed.

I'm so pissed... that this thread hasn't been closed yet.

maybe not closed but at least moved to the "Writers Workshop" forum. its sad this is getting more responses than some of the good stories writers have worked hard at putting on here.

i'm just going to post this here since clearly most of the people have forgotten to bring up the fair use section of copyright

Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."

Are all the celeb photos posted here on the TMF - all legally owned and licesed either by the photographer, a publication, or the celebs themselves (who do have a legal claim to the use of their likeness) - being used for criticism, or scholarhip, I wonder? Because something tells me there really needs to be a sticky about copyright that should be read and agreed to before one enters the site.

Oh for Crom's sake.

It's not rocket science.

Just about everything posted here is owned by someone and is posted here without their permission in violation of their copyright.

However, WE ARE NOT THE COPYRIGHT POLICE. It is not my, or my staffs job to police them. It is the copyright holders job to police their own copyrights. If a rights holder sees their material here on the forum, and requests it's removal we will happily enforce their rights and remove the material. It's never been a problem and we do it often. A rights holder can ask that we police their material ongoing into the future, and we'll do so there also, as it is their right to do so.

If you feel strongly about things being posted here, feel free to find their owners point out that their material is here, and then they can come and tell us to kill it. Feel free to. I'm sure that with a bunch of work you can get just about every image and clip and story here removed. Have a ball.

Myriads

What's New

4/16/2024
Clips4Sale is the webs largest site to buy fetish clips! Visit today.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back