• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Knismolagnia is Powerful

Aeveirra

TMF Expert

**For those of you who don't know this (but should!) Knismolagnia is the scientific term for tickling fetishism. Someone who has this is so times called a "knismo". I'm still amazed by how few people knew this...

Anyway, I conduct a lot of scientific research, so naturally I couldn't help noticing some peculiar trends with a lot of people here. Certain things I thought only happend to me appear to be very common, leading me to the conclusion that psychologically, Knismolagnia in an *extremely* powerful kink. Tickling fetishism also operates on a completely separate brain system than other kinks do, which may be one reason why this tends to affect people so strongly.
So, here's some things I've noticed in myself, that many here have in common:

1) They knew they have had an interest in tickling since early childhood
1a) Most can recall moments where they saw some form of tickling on TV, such as in a cartoon.
2) Knismolagnia is their primary fetish. In most cases, their Only one.
3) This fetish is never "minor", as in: people's interest in tickling is not just casual, or mild. it's more of an intense fixation,with a very strong liking for it.
4) Simply hearing the word "tickle" in conversation makes one blush, or feel funny, / and their heart rate instantly increases.
5) Just fantasizing about tickling often has a physical arousing result
6) Lers have strong urges to want to tickle others (which seemingly come and go at random). Though, most harbor a desire about a certain individual for some time.

These are all really important... Considering the fact that these things don't happen in nearly any other fetish. Especially #1,#1a. ... I mean, think about this; if a child hasn't reached puberty yet, how is it even biologically possible that they were aware of this interest- some as early as the age of 5!? That one is strangely unique to Knismolagnia because fetishes almost always appear much later. (Foot fetishism occurs this way too, but only when its linked to tickling) So how could this happen, for instance in a 5 year old? And, how is it that even after many years people are able to recall in-detail a certain moment they saw tickling on TV? It's pretty amazing,

Knismolagnia appearing so early in life can be explained neurologically; It's the result of a neural-predisposition to an over-active hypothalamus, which creates an association between "primal sexual urges", and tickling/being tickled. The hypothalamus controls many other bodily functions, like heart rate, body temperature etc. And it becomes when active when someone is tickled/tickles another.

But this activity seems to mix and interfere with its' functions.
Thus, causing random surges, sexual fetishism, and having physical affects when encountered indirectly. It's also why young kids subconsciously have an interest in tickling, because their hypothalamus does this independently of hormones released during puberty.

Every one of these (except #6 cus imma lee ;) ) has happened to me lol.... So, you could just imagine how creeped-out I was at first, when I realized how common these are for others.

I'm still curious though, what do you think of this?
How many/which of these things happen to you?

I am all 6- and with #6 I am both lee and Ler.

I always thought that the reason I must have fell so hard for Tickling so young (6) was the wiggling of the fingers. That, that is a movement so unlike any other? It's so simple yet so wickedly devious and completely stands out. I mean within cartoons theres all kind of gag tricks. But that one truly stands out.

One of the things I wonder about is why Tickling isn't one of the top fetishes out there. Considering it is included in cartoons. I mean when I look t the stats on TMF (and I believe its the biggest Tickling site on the internet) and I see what is around 119,000 users... or whatever the exact number is. It actually shocks me. And I think well ok- a lot of people are not on the internet. Idk how many are not but... ok there's that. Then the other sites for people. Then we have North Korea living without electricity for. Don't have exact numbers for other countries. I mean... the number of people into this has to be under a million? And I think way LESS than a million but... let's just say a million.

And besides the little we know of History. How many people were into it as a fetish? Obviously we'll never know but gosh I wish we could.

Thank you for starting this thread its going to be a great discussion I know. :)

First up it's a paraphilia not a fetish.

Fetish is reserved for when a paraphilia becomes a disfunction, crippling the ability to proceed in sexual interaction without it being included. A paraphilia is simply a strong preference for a non standard sexual trigger.

So let's use the right terms rather then culturally degraded incorrect application of Fetish. Though this is a fight I've mostly given up on. The world has decided to redefine fetish.

Knismolagnia appearing so early in life can be explained neurologically; It's the result of a neural-predisposition to an over-active hypothalamus, which creates an association between "primal sexual urges", and tickling/being tickled. The hypothalamus controls many other bodily functions, like heart rate, body temperature etc. And it becomes when active when someone is tickled/tickles another.

Thus, causing random surges, sexual fetishism, and having physical affects when encountered indirectly. It's also why young kids subconsciously have an interest in tickling, because their hypothalamus does this independently of hormones released during puberty.

Based on current research on how all paraphilia form up, what you describe above is not reserved for tickling, but is part of the overall process for how trigger maps are constructed for ALL of a persons specific sexual likes. There is a phase where the sort of chemical surges in the mind (caused by the hypothalamus AND other limbic systems) begins in the early part of a persons life (ages 3 to9) in the pre-sexual period.

These surges, lay down the base connectivity between sexual urges and random environmental elements. It is supposed that this process is there to allow for connectivity to culturally standard sexual elements, but it casts a wide net and random debris is also seeded into the individuals sexual matrix. These seeds have the POTENTIAL to become paraphilia once the person enters their sexual development phase (ages 9 and up) at which point they develop more fully and uniquely.

All six of your bullet points would describe and fit any paraphilia. And indeed they are felt by those that hold them (adjusted for the specific paraphilia of course) So yup, they will fit tickling lovers too.

Myriads

i totally remeber that from childhood i had fantasies of tied people getting tickled. i was wondering if you re tied up do u still feel ticklish or no. or maybe it would be really an inane feeling!
i remeber in kindergarten when i was 5 , there was a short girl at the same grade of mine.her name was Hassti(in my langauge means universe). hassti was short but she was very powerful because she knew how to tickle others . she was a good girl and didnt use tickling to abuse others though. but i was really afraid of her although she wasnt in my class.
so Hassti became the symbol of a powerful person in my mind and after that u can easily undestand that tickling became the symbol of control and power for me.
and because my personality is a scientist-like personality, i always had questions like
--are adults ticklish? because i had never seen such scene and when i first saw my first tickle fetish videos i was really happy because its not fair that if only the children are ticklish! :)))
i remeber when i enterd puberty , my sexaul fantasies were just about tickling. boobs were not even entertainig for me!

because my country is an islamic country ' after kindegarten i didnt have the chance to tickle girls(in kindergarten i didnt do that because i was a coward :( ) except my sister. i am really sorry for her because its a kind of rape :(( i hope she can forgivee me and nothing happens to her because of my tickling paraphilia :(
but lately i had the chance to tickle girls in my dreams and i feel al little relieved and free. its not a big dsaster anymore if i cant tickle a girl in my life.
i think the more u tickle, the less you have the desire to tickle and your mind will become free of this fetish (paraphilia)

Neither explanation/analysis above allowed for the evolution of the fetish. I began as the OP detailed -- about age 5 or 7, overly excited when witnessing tickling or female bare feet and not knowing why. Sometime after puberty, when it was hard-wired in my libido, it spread to other body parts. However, the level of intensity with foot tickling was never surpassed with other body parts and by later adulthood, the control/domination aspects became more prominent in the urges, whereas before, it was merely the "scene" -- the sight of the bare feet, touch, sound of laughter -- that fueled the arousal. As one poster discussed, it did become dysfunctional, in that my sexuality no longer exists apart from tickling and has taken over "normal" sexual desires pretty much entirely.

Neither explanation/analysis above allowed for the evolution of the fetish. I began as the OP detailed -- about age 5 or 7, overly excited when witnessing tickling or female bare feet and not knowing why. Sometime after puberty, when it was hard-wired in my libido, it spread to other body parts. However, the level of intensity with foot tickling was never surpassed with other body parts and by later adulthood, the control/domination aspects became more prominent in the urges, whereas before, it was merely the "scene" -- the sight of the bare feet, touch, sound of laughter -- that fueled the arousal. As one poster discussed, it did become dysfunctional, in that my sexuality no longer exists apart from tickling and has taken over "normal" sexual desires pretty much entirely.

Actually what I wrote does allow for the evolution of things, I just didn't cover that part. Because... well lots of words.

Okay, lets continue. We left our paraphilia discussion at the end of the seeding process where cues are stashed in our subconscious for later use.

When puberty sets in, the mind attaches our physical reactions to the sexual matrix that will run things. That matrix is created by linking up a bunch of stored cues. Now there are a lot of cues stashed in our minds, and not all with be selected. But the ons that were reinforced most strongly will tend to be the front runners. They get scooped up, and become real cues that get our attention, and cause arousal.

This is realization of potential.

Now the individual starts to take over. They 'discover' the cues again, with more conscious thought. And they begin to explore them in fantasy and actuality. This starts the sculpting process. In this process we 'tune' our arousal cues. They become more specific, they merge with each other, and ones individual sexuality forms up. Perhaps feet and nylon get paired up into a combo philia. Perhaps a tendency to submission gets paired with tickling, and the sort of lee you are gets it's start. For partialisms like a foot paraphilia one starts to select the traits which work, much as one would for other physical aspects in a vanilla setting. You like longer toes, or higher arches, or chubby feet. Just as the 'regular guy' might like bigger breasts, smaller nipples etc.

And remember you have a BUNCH of these things running at once. They stack and add up to your full sexuality. And they influence each other. This is why sexualities tend to express uniquely. The room for variation is massive, and based on so many possible influencing aspects that it becomes difficult to track.

This whole field is difficult to parse, as it's the combination of genetics, bio-chemistry, and psychological development and execution. And we can't see into the 'box' to really understand how it all mates up. It's very fundamental processes.

Hope this helps a bit more.
Myriads

Those are certainly interesting observations.
When it comes to 1) all I can say is that when I was a child, I had a mixture of fear and fascination when it came to tickling. As I grew older the fear got gradually replaced by arousal.
2) to 5) are certainly true for me. 6 not so much, because I am a very shy person and avoid physical contact with others as much as possible.

Myriads, I appreciate you and your encyclopedic knowledge on words.

My only disagreement with you is that on the word paraphilia and fetish, but it's such a minor thing. I agree with you that people should use the right terms so that individuals understand what we're talking about, Im all about proper communication. However, I would also like to point out that a word's definition is mutable, Etymology and all that. The most obvious thing I can think of is the word 'sick' and it's usage over the past decade or two. Mostly, I just think there's some value in understanding the misuse of a word in regards to it's possible evolution.

Anyway, thanks for posting such a detailed whositwhatsits.

Myriads,
Thanks for that fetish-philla distinction, that's quite important :)
But All 6 don't fit any paraphillia, as I said tickling operates on a completely separate brain system than the normal rewards system does, and after I've studied other kinks most are nothing like how strong knismolagnia is.
That's why I figured it would be interesting to post :) lol. Some paraphillias are as strong as tickling, but the age development component occurs in VERY few others. Tickling appears to be the most prominent.

I have, more or less, all of the above except 2. I admit it, my humiliation fetish (or paraphernalia, since it's not absolutely necessary) is perhaps stronger than my tickling one to the point where I believe my tickling fetish sprung from my humiliation fetish.
The term 'humiliation fetish' brings to mind, for most, the desire to be called a whore and tortured in public and the like. For me, at least as the 'lee/sub, it's more about the playful embarrassment that tickling is so good at providing (though as a 'ler/domme I admit to having some of the stereotypical desires :blush: :D )

~K

I fit all six. and I wondered if many other people here do.
I also wonder how many people in the general public fit these but won't admit it.

I have all six as well... However that being said, as a fetish, it's not clinical... in other words it's not debilitating to me... I know that a fetish often is.

oops yeah, I just read Myriads comment, (who I agree with) and would say that I have more of a paraphillia...

I agree, especially with the childhood thing. I remember every tickling cartoon scene for no reason, and have always been trying to start tickle fights and stuff as a kid. It's weird how you're just wired like that from day 1.

(Paraphilia: a type of mental disorder characterized by a preference for or obsession with unusual sexual practices, as pedophilia, sadomasochism, or exhibitionism.) - as quoted by dictionaries. This can't be what tickling is? If I was a politician who was discovered to have an interest in tickling, I couldn't use this description paraphilia. There must be a better term is there not?

Anyway, I conduct a lot of scientific research, so naturally I couldn't help noticing some peculiar trends with a lot of people here. Certain things I thought only happend to me appear to be very common, leading me to the conclusion that psychologically, Knismolagnia in an *extremely* powerful kink. Tickling fetishism also operates on a completely separate brain system than other kinks do, which may be one reason why this tends to affect people so strongly.

1a) Most can recall moments where they saw some form of tickling on TV, such as in a cartoon.
3) This fetish is never "minor", as in: people's interest in tickling is not just casual, or mild. it's more of an intense fixation,with a very strong liking for it.
4) Simply hearing the word "tickle" in conversation makes one blush, or feel funny, / and their heart rate instantly increases.
6) Lers have strong urges to want to tickle others (which seemingly come and go at random). Though, most harbor a desire about a certain individual for some time.

I must say I fit pretty much all of those as I have always had a very strong liking of tickling since I was very young, although when I was younger I never really considered it sexual. But I have always had the desire to be stripped and tickled by a large group of women. I wouldn't say it's my only fetish but it's definitely one of my three strongest. I think it is for me also going along a little bit with extreme submissive and humiliation tendencies. I like the idea especially of being brutally tickle tortured by a woman in front of a group of other women who may join in as well. Just that total sensory assault and nothing I can do about it is intoxicating.

Recently I found this one woman I have been talking to about tickling and just discussing it gets me hard as a rock. She is a total ler and said she could always remember getting "weird vagina feelings" whenever she saw a man being tickled on television in a cartoon. So there must be something about it since everyone seems to develop similar with this fetish.

I'm in the 1-6 category as well although tickling is not my only interest (#2). My nylon (related to foot, related to tickling) interest is high on the list as well.

**For those of you who don't know this (but should!) Knismolagnia is the scientific term for tickling fetishism. Someone who has this is so times called a "knismo". I'm still amazed by how few people knew this...

These are all really important... Considering the fact that these things don't happen in nearly any other fetish. Especially #1,#1a. ... I mean, think about this; if a child hasn't reached puberty yet, how is it even biologically possible that they were aware of this interest- some as early as the age of 5!? That one is strangely unique to Knismolagnia because fetishes almost always appear much later. (Foot fetishism occurs this way too, but only when its linked to tickling) So how could this happen, for instance in a 5 year old? And, how is it that even after many years people are able to recall in-detail a certain moment they saw tickling on TV? It's pretty amazing,

Every one of these (except #6 cus imma lee ;) ) has happened to me lol.... So, you could just imagine how creeped-out I was at first, when I realized how common these are for others.

I'm still curious though, what do you think of this?
How many/which of these things happen to you?

Aeveirra that was incredibly spot on for me. What kind of research did you perform to reach these conclusions?

Yep, all six of those apply to me! Interesting info on how knismolagnia (cool word) works! Thanks!

Door 44 Productions
What's New

5/4/2024
The Final vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is open! Visit the GFA fouem and cast your ballot!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back