• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Do You Wear A Watch?

Mitchell

Level of Coral Feather
Question for the forum members.

Do you wear/have watches?

I ask for this reason.

When I moved to New York City, I sold all of my watches, because I found I was never wearing them.

I've been telling time on my cell phone.

I mentioned in the other thread about how my friend who was ill bought me a gift.

The gift he bought me, is a beautiful watch.

When I called my friend, to thank him for the watch, he said to me:

"I wanted to buy you a gift, and I thought a watch would be appropriate, because I noticed you weren't wearing a watch when we saw each other, and it looks "Unprofessional" to go to an interview, or to work, without a watch. "

Do you wear a watch to work, or in other situations?

Do you tell time on your cell phone?

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Yes, I wear a watch.

With a watch I can see the time by looking at my wrist, which doesn't require any use of my fingers. To see the time on my cellphone requires me to turn the screen on, which does require use of my fingers.

I do. I feel naked without one, in fact. I don't know if going without one looks "unprofessional," though. XD

I don't use a watch but it would be handier for me at work that pulling my phone out all the time. I think I'm gonna get a fitbit soon tho.

I used to, but I think it's more of an accessory in my case. I want to start wearing one again.

I like watches. I mean I like the way they look. But I haven’t worn one since I was in my mid-teens. When I was young though, I had bit of a thing for gadgety watches. The couple that I had were only cheap; but I would peruse the watches section of the Argos catalogue and yearn for a really expensive (for me, anyway) gadgety-type watch lol. The sort of watch that conveys information you would, in reality, never need to know, and which has functions you’d never need to use. A watch that a third-rate James Bond figure might wear! lol. Wouldn’t dream of wearing that kind of a watch now though.

Yeh, I wear one. I don't have a cell phone. Don't need to be attached to such a thing 24/7 like many seem to be. (Granted there are times one would be handy)

I'm terrible at donning items that are not either stuck through my body or inked on my body. I really enjoy watches, but I'd probably only last a week wearing it.

A ball cap (completely shaved head = sunburn) and a watch (habit) are the only accessories I always wear because they're the easiest to keep track of and not leave in a restaurant. I wouldn't say not wearing a watch makes you look unprofessional, but wearing one to a job interview, or for that matter a particularly bad date, allows you to subtly check the time without your present company wondering whether you'd rather be somewhere else. If it looks good and it's easy to wear and keep track of, I say go for it.

Thanks everyone.

rdhd, you're the only person I know who doesnt have a cell phone.

I dont have a landline. Haven't had one since I moved up here from PA.

The funny thing, lol.

I went to a meeting today about a (hopefully) new business situation, and I forgot to wear my new watch lol. '

I was running out of the apartment so fast, to make my appointment, that I forgot to put it on. '

(I won't be telling my friend this, though).

One doesn't necessarily need to wear a watch to act or look professional. I wear one cause it's handier (pun not intended) to tell my time on my wrist than on my phone, which could die out when you need it. And more importantly I just love watches (and clocks). I love the aesthetic beauty and incredible craftsmanship of mechanical watches. I have a Rotary automatic. 'Skeleton' watches are particularly neat cause they're transparent and you can see inside the movement, watch the gears and mechanism work. :D Yeah, I'm a big watch nut.

I do not feel right without wearing a watch. Mine is a simple Timex. Like me eh? :p . Just has the date and time on it. By date,just the numbered day,not the month and year.

I have one that I wear from time to time. I doubt many people deem it unprofessional to not wear one, but what do I know?

I used to wear a watch at school and at times was particularly proud of several watches I had - one was a sports watch, one was a smart watch and one was watched handed down to be by my grandfather.

Unfortunately, I have been unlucky with watches - one was damaged at school by a briefcase swinging into it as I climbed a staircase behind someone else.
Another watch somehow warped...never did work out how.

And I also have a slight nickel allergy meaning my wrist will get incredibly itchy if I wear the wrong sort of watch.

Due to this bad luck, watch-wearing became rather expensive and I also found it to be quite heavy on my wrist when playing badminton.

I suppose with the use of phones now being so much more emphasised and habitual there is not so much need for a watch.

We're not allowed to have our cell phones on us at my job. So I have to wear a watch in order to tell the time.

Maybe on one of my days off, maybe. We have clocks in every room at the fire station and you have to make an account for your time in the reports, where were you, what action did you take? I have 2 amazing watches, one is my Dad's Longines and I have a Rolex that I paid for myself with the money I saved with the money I received from staying in Afghanistan and not taking leave. I knew if I went home I'd never go back and I'd be considered a deserter lol You don't want to be thinking about time when you do this shit for a living.

I actually wear a watch majority of the time. I instinctively will check my watch before my cellphone when checking the time, which is odd to most people now a days lol.

I always wear a watch. I hate having to constantly check my phone. Also, when I'm shopping I get paranoid that workers think I'm stealing when I keep reaching in and out of my pocket to check the time on my phone.

I do! I think it is an essential accessory. One of the few pieces of jewelry a man can wear without looking like he is overdoing it or trying to look like a Central Europe / Asia Minor gangster :D

I have a few rare ones, but my favorite is the cheap one my wife got me as a gift in the early days of our relationship~

What's New

4/19/2024
Check out the huge number of thicklign clips that can be found at Clips4Sale. The webs biggest fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back