• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Blog stats question

The Internet

2nd Level Green Feather
Actually two questions:

1.) When you look at a blog post, it tells you how many views there are. But when you look in Settings, and then look at the blog stats there, they're totally different. For instance, the post I did today has 50 views on it, but when I look in Settings it says 1! That's a big disparity! Which is the more accurate number?

2.) My blog has pretty much always been private, but I "curate" a little list of contacts, not big, that can see the blog. Probably about 30 people. So how does it get up to 50 views? (if, in fact, that's the accurate number). (it's also a higher number than what I usually get on my posts). Does everyone count as one? Or is it how many times they come to the page?

Also, do people get added to your contacts automatically if you have PMs with them? I saw I had a contact that I'm almost positive I never added, but with whom I had multiple PMs with.

Sorry for so many questions! Thanks!

Last edited:
1) I do not have a definite answer. I do not have a blog, so I cannot see anything on the stats page. Perhaps the one in settings just shows views today (or in some recent period).

2) My guess is that the view counter is simply the number of times the entry is loaded, regardless of whether someone has already seen it or not. It may even count you loading it as a view.

3) I am pretty sure the answer is no, they are not automatically added, but someone who actually uses the contacts system should comment. I never use it, so mine is empty.

If you are desperate to know any of these, I can look around, but I will say that the documentation for vBulletin 4 (particularly add-on components like the blog) is terrible.

1)

If you are desperate to know any of these, I can look around, but I will say that the documentation for vBulletin 4 (particularly add-on components like the blog) is terrible.

Oh my god, no, thank you so much for offering, but....put you on a chore? lol. Never. It doesn't matter, I was just wondering out of curiosity, that's all. Which was the more accurate number. it's completely not important at all, thanks!

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back