• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Alternate chat rooms ignored by shitty mobile chat

The mobile chat really is a turdbox.

Why can't those assmasters make a competent piece of software? I'm appalled that this bullshit costs money.

Edit: Just remove it and get your money back. It's worthless.

Last edited:
That's bizarre and unfortunate. :( It's strange how it still works with the Cybertickling room. Perhaps it has to do with permanent rooms being different than temporary rooms, in some way?

That's bizarre and unfortunate. :( It's strange how it still works with the Cybertickling room. Perhaps it has to do with permanent rooms being different than temporary rooms, in some way?

Perhaps it has to do with the 1997 java crap being a turdbucket. It's like cramming everything that's shitty about the old internets into one place and submitting us to it in 2014.

Disgracefully assful.

I know. The chat sucks major donkeybutt.

The only thing I found that helps in the slightest is lowering Java's security.

Control panel> Type "java" in the search box> Security> Lower it to "Medium" (the lowest it will go)> Click "OK"> Now try chat. (may need to restart the browser)

REMEMBER to raise the security back up when you're done. You could get some nasty viruses if you leave it down.

I know. The chat sucks major donkeybutt.

The only thing I found that helps in the slightest is lowering Java's security.

Control panel> Type "java" in the search box> Security> Lower it to "Medium" (the lowest it will go)> Click "OK"> Now try chat. (may need to restart the browser)

REMEMBER to raise the security back up when you're done. You could get some nasty viruses if you leave it down.

None of that is worthwhile to me in the least.

1) I'm talking about the mobile chat. On an iPad. There's no Java. It's the craptastic mobile chat that doesn't use Java that is failing.

2) On my computer, I don't have to deal with Java's shitty hijinks. I don't even have it installed. I run Java on my old Power Mac G4 for the chat room. Los asshole virii are incapable of running twice over thanks to it being OS X and PowerPC.

I AM THAT FOOL.

We have checked out several non-Java options for desktop chat, but everything we found was either incompatible with our vBulletin version or very expensive. The mobile chat is primitive, but I find it tolerable with the open-source Zirco browser on Android. (I can only use the mobile chat because we do not have Java installed on our PC.) If you become aware of a new chat program that might work better, please let us know, because we are always looking to improve the chat experience, and I personally despise Java

Ha. Joke's on you guys.

I don't even HAVE a mobile device. Beat that.

I just have a $60 el cheapo tablet, which I'm amazed is still working after a year :blush

The only way you can honestly get anything that may be "better" is if u build it yourself. Either way its easier to have java involved because its an easier code to deal with. Can't do anything bout when it updates and everything. So unless they wanna move to either a website builder and rebuild, or completely redo TT, might as well take the good with the bad.

The mobile chat app didn't require a download for me or any sort of payment and I'm able to log into alternate rooms within the main chat by logging out, clicking where it says "chill room" and then selecting which room I want to join from the pop up. Works on my Samsung Galaxy S3 as well as my Samsung Galaxy Note tablet.

My phone fell three feet and landed on a carpet and died.

That's just not even funny.

What's your secret?

I treat it as if it were made of fine china, plus I think I've had a little luck ;)

The mobile chat app didn't require a download for me or any sort of payment and I'm able to log into alternate rooms within the main chat by logging out, clicking where it says "chill room" and then selecting which room I want to join from the pop up. Works on my Samsung Galaxy S3 as well as my Samsung Galaxy Note tablet.

I was able to switch rooms the same way with my setup. The only significant problem I've had with the mobile chat was not receiving any notification of PC's received.

I was able to switch rooms the same way with my setup. The only significant problem I've had with the mobile chat was not receiving any notification of PC's received.

Those are all great ideas, except that it has nothing to do with *alternate rooms* at all. The time in question, a third room had been created and it did not appear in the list of rooms that one can enter. This is due to the designers of the mobile chat using too much shittiness. Shitty shitty shitty. I can't say it enough. Shitty.

I'm sure they're trying their absolute hardest to make everything work out for mobile users. It doesn't help that mobile devices as a whole can be ass with anything chat-related. On my old iPhone I had, and even the new iPod I have: Skype and Yahoo (especially Yahoo; had to get rid of that diseased program on my iPod) have all sorts of issues...

But it's not so much the mobile chat designers' faults; it's just kinda how things are right now. TT's not exactly a "massive" website with all sorts of hyperactive funding and coding material, so the designers can really only do so much to it without messing something up. No need to get too upset about it, though...

I'm sure they're trying their absolute hardest to make everything work out for mobile users. It doesn't help that mobile devices as a whole can be ass with anything chat-related. On my old iPhone I had, and even the new iPod I have: Skype and Yahoo (especially Yahoo; had to get rid of that diseased program on my iPod) have all sorts of issues...

But it's not so much the mobile chat designers' faults; it's just kinda how things are right now. TT's not exactly a "massive" website with all sorts of hyperactive funding and coding material, so the designers can really only do so much to it without messing something up. No need to get too upset about it, though...

It has nothing to do with TT. They're stuck fucking with the garbage that these halfass people decide to scrape together.

The only reason "mobile devices as a whole can be ass with anything chat-related" is that nobody seems to understand that they're actually just goddamn computers and can run software that does just as much as a regular box.

The other issue is that web designers have gotten dependent on shittastic crap like Java and Flash which suck down battery like an alcoholic at a wine tasting.

IT'S ASSTASTIC!

PS Yahoo turned into such a turdbucket. It was decent, now it's a festering mound of pus and ape feces. Why doesn't Yahoo just go out of business and sell everything they have to me for $9.75 cash?

I WOULD SAVE THE UNIVERSE BY SEARCHING GOOGLE FOR THEIR SECRET SCIENCE WHICH KILLED JOHN F KENNEDY VIA TIME TRAVEL.

Well, I mean, there are other chatrooms, websites, way of communicating with people in the community. You sound way too hostile for something so silly.

We are currently looking into alternative chat room types that are less troublesome.

Please give us a little time and we will report back soon :)

What's New

5/8/2024
The final Vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is now ongoing. Visit the GFA forum to vote!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back