• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Angelina friggin Jolie

Sandman

TMF Expert
As I was listening to the radio the other day, I heard that this young lady donated $1 million. Oh, that's nice, I thought at first. Then I heard the punch line : TO THE AFGHAN REFUGEES. Angie, baby, 7000 or so Americans -- probably many of whom helped make her horrible movie number one at the box office earlier this year -- died. You are from America. Throw us a friggin bone here, honey. Worry about your own people and the suffering that they are enduring at the hands of the government of these people -- and their government had a hand in it, whether they say they did or not -- before you start sending money their way. A little suffering out there should epidite the overthrow of the radical government in place over there and show these people that the United States is not the bad guy in this situation. In my opinion, this is, at best, unpatriotic, and at worst sympathy for the enemy. Am I off-base here?

Depends....

If the money actually goes to feeding the refugees it's not a bad idea...our beef certainly isn't with them. Of course many of the same refugees are being pressed into the Talibans military service instead of being allowed to leave the country. If you thought the Iraqi's were surrending quickly, wait until you run across a division of those dedicated soldiers. Hopefully, her heart was in the right place..... Q

Relief Fund

School kids here are collecting money for the FDNY Survivor Fund. Don't know of any big name movie stars who are doing the same.

I'll be interested to see how the Hollywood bunch responds when American soldiers start coming home in coffins. Will they see fit to donate money to survivor funds? Somehow, I doubt it.

....although I could be wrong. Barbra Streisand had the political attacks on President Bush removed from her website. She says we're all on the same side now. Maybe she'll shame the rest into doing the same.

Strelnikov

This is a very pertinent and thought provoking thread. Let's continue to keep it inteligent and civil as you all have been. If given the chance, this thread can evolve into something we can all do some soul searching about. Thanks guys ;)

Soul searching

I am pleased to see that questions are starting to be asked about where Americans are putting their "charitable donations" and for what reason, it is worth noting that over here in the UK we have been pulling dead bodies out of burning buildings for 30 years as a result of the activities of the IRA, who obtain millions of pounds from gullible US citizens in order to carry out their atrocities ,and equally naive muslims have no doubt unwittingly contributed to the apalling massacre in the USA. All terrorists must be cut off from this kind of funding, so when Noraid come calling......think about it.

I think Red Indian was referring to Noraid and other IRA front organizations rather than the UN. Many of these do operate in the USA and collect money from gullible Americans, and have done so for years. I agree that the US Government needs to make a better effort to shut them down; terror has no rights under the Constitution.

To answer ScotTickle's questions in the order asked,
(1) Enough. We have hurricanes here with some regularity, plus this is Tornado Alley. There's plenty of opportunity to donate blood and money.
(2) None. I prefer to volunteer my time for things that are worth doing, not being an enabler for winos and junkies.
(3) I've been doing so since before you were born. You liberals don't have a monopoly on desire to see justice done.
(4) Guilty as charged. Under the present system, it's a waste of my time, since no lawyer will pick anyone whose IQ exceeds that of a potted plant to actually serve on a jury. I wish it wasn't so, but it is.

Strelnikov

huh? back at ya!

My piece makes no mention of the UN and was not intended to critisize their work in any way, I was making a broader point about terrorist funding and how charitable donations get in to the wrong hands, and that this is something that the American public will no doubt become more aware of. So, sorry if I caused any confusion ST.

What's New

5/9/2024
If you need to report a post, the report button is to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back