• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Nuciferyne

TMF Expert
A quick work of one of my original characters, Lorelai Amaryllis.

spring_breeze_by_nuciferyne-d7gr044.png

Info is here: http://fav.me/d7gr044

Here was her concept art, just as an added bonus? :lol
leila_by_nuciferyne-d6v15c5.png

Info Here: http://nuciferyne.tumblr.com/post/67641602886/lorelai-the-herbalist-geomancer-cough-shes

I'm loving the overall blend of colors you've painted into this; though you mention on dA that the background is a replacement for having lost the original during the computer restart, I think keeping it simplified draws more focus to your character, yet still beautifully compliments her outfit and hair without competing with her. And speaking of beautiful - wow, what a character! :happy: Loving how eloquent that gradient of color for her hair looks, in combination with her delicate pose and expression.

Is she to be featured in a story of some sort, or just a character you thought up?

I'm loving the overall blend of colors you've painted into this; though you mention on dA that the background is a replacement for having lost the original during the computer restart, I think keeping it simplified draws more focus to your character, yet still beautifully compliments her outfit and hair without competing with her. And speaking of beautiful - wow, what a character! :happy: Loving how eloquent that gradient of color for her hair looks, in combination with her delicate pose and expression.

Is she to be featured in a story of some sort, or just a character you thought up?

First, thanks for commenting on the gradient hair, because it's not easy to paint and shift colors like that since I do it manually. :lol But I love the result too much so I keep doing it. I do see what you mean about the background being simplified too, so I guess not all was lost there. :lol

Thank you for all the compliments on her, and she was one I just thought up on the spot for a story my hubby and I are doing. So yes to both, sorta. I have a habit of... when I create a character their entire life unravels for me as I'm drawing them, so I don't really have many that aren't completely developed. Haha It's a blessing when we're working on stories, but a curse when I just want to draw. :cry

I can only imagine how difficult it is to get colors flowing so smoothly like that. I've had a go at it in Corel, and while the theory behind it is understandable, getting it just right among such detail is certainly a feat to be proud of. :)

Though it can be a curse as you mentioned, it's great that you think out your characters and let them develop like that, as it clearly reflects in your drawing the depth of which said characters have. It's more than, "just another drawing of so-and-so," but rather it speaks to the viewers more than simply showing us something, at least on some emotional level. Often when the creation process is like that, it's hard to "complete" the work as one feels there needs more - at least, that's one of the sources of my writer's block, lol. So in that regard, kudos to you for being so in-touch with your work, while still being able to complete it!

Keep up the good work! :happy:

I'm ALWAYS at conflict about that! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one, ahhh. But yeah I push through to finish things... mostly because I want to show everyone my "babies" XD

But also, when it comes to wrapping up a story and having it officially end, I just.... find excuses. "Oh I uhh think we should revamp a little just to be sure that's how we want it to stay..."

....alongside my struggle to allow myself to be ok with how the comic/manga page comes out, that's why a lot of my projects aren't released already haha

What's New

5/8/2024
The final Vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is now ongoing. Visit the GFA forum to vote!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back