• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Tales From the Low Roads, Chapter 22 (F/F, feet; *s/F, full body).

I'm late to the point of thread necromancy.
I don't post often, but, for me, it has become almost a tradition to show some gratitude here.
I have been distracted lately by many medical tests which fortunately found only a minor problem, nothing life threatening. It did make me ponder my mortality for a while, but I am fine.

I was very happy with the variety of pleasures in this chapter: aerial dog-fights, creation myths, feathered serpents, and lots of tickling. (You are often the most inventive when inserting "guest stars" that may not fit neatly into the Low Roads world. This time the task was literally monumental.) I continue to enjoy the Low Roads and feel that total immersion into a self-consistant world of infinite possibilities. Hey, I should do the movie trailer voiceover for Low Roads when Hollywood picks it up, "In a world, of infinite possibilities ...".

Much gratitude,
Lee

I'm late to the point of thread necromancy.
I don't post often, but, for me, it has become almost a tradition to show some gratitude here.
Mighty proud and pleased I've always been for it, too! My grateful thanks for more wonderful commentary! A Low Roads chapter just wouldn't seem official without Leenotler input! And timing is hardly a concern to me; there can't be any such thing as a late reply, not when these threads are easy for readers to find here in the Artist's Pad (my unending gratitude to TT for that) and I'm never more than a few hours from reading it! You'll always be able to enjoy the latest submission at your convenience, the way it should be!

I have been distracted lately by many medical tests which fortunately found only a minor problem, nothing life threatening. It did make me ponder my mortality for a while, but I am fine.
I'm distressed to learn there was a problem, but relieved that it didn't prove to be more serious. Sorry you had to go through this, Lee; medical worries can sap your energy away like nothing else, even when the problem is minor. Hope you get it all behind you soon.

I was very happy with the variety of pleasures in this chapter: aerial dog-fights, creation myths, feathered serpents, and lots of tickling. (You are often the most inventive when inserting "guest stars" that may not fit neatly into the Low Roads world. This time the task was literally monumental.)
Ha ha! Well phrased! I do enjoy the challenge of working colorful, well-established outside characters into the Low Roads continuity in a way that's respectful to those creations' individual identities, yet integrates them comfortably. These cameos enrich the series enormously with a sense of community inclusiveness; I'm determined that they should always serve a continuity-building function, rather than just be side-story distractions. This plot's tangled enough without introducing deliberate confusion!

I'm most pleased that you enjoyed my attempts to keep the storytelling lively! It's always my aim to feature lots of diverse elements (action, humor, soul-searching, exposition, etc.) so that no one's favorite is neglected for long. The result is regularly 30-plus page chapters and months-long production schedules, but I think the approach pays off in the long run.

I continue to enjoy the Low Roads and feel that total immersion into a self-consistant world of infinite possibilities. Hey, I should do the movie trailer voiceover for Low Roads when Hollywood picks it up, "In a world, of infinite possibilities …".
The job is yours, Lee! I can't imagine anyone whose enthusiasm I'd trust more! (now, if I can only get the film producers to show similar interest!) Thank you for your unfailing energy and attention; you make this series such a pleasure to imagine and create!

I finally manage to read the chapter LBH, I'm sorry it took so long.

Now lets see, I have to say I really enjoyed the dream time part, Fiona and Mercy certainly had an interesting and well portrayed encounter. Mercy has really developed new skills, it's intriguing to see how she keeps going forward on her path to master the skills that dream time can offer.

Now on Angie, she has too what we could say genious skills related with the wake walker kind, not even Fiona could spot the opening to escape the dream time. Not only that but she is advancing in her own way too.

As I said some chapters ago, I think you are doing a great job show the evolution of Mercy and Angie at the same time, showing us how both are developing and getting to know how much they have inside. Am I seeing a future new clash were these two will directly interact with the other without dream creatures and other wake-walkers intruding? What I think it's certain is that these two will meet again in even more intense events.

Great chapter LBH!

Thanks so much for writing, Raven! Don't worry about how long it's taken; I know you've had tons of important business to occupy you. I'm most pleased to hear from you whenever you find time!

So glad you enjoyed this latest chapter! You're so carefully thorough about developing your own TR characters, your good opinion regarding mine means a great deal! It's been important to me that both Mercy and Angie's growth should seem organic. While it would be tempting to rush them into formidable stature, so as to be able to pit them immediately against equally formidable enemies, I believe that their twin journeys towards maturity makes for more engrossing storytelling. These ladies are eventually intended to face mighty trials; seeing them earn their expertise should lend their accomplishments credibility, making any outcome more meaningful.

The two certainly are progressing in ways that suit their separate personalities (Mercy more aggressive, Angie more introspective) and it is natural dramatically that they should interact mano-a-mano (femo-a-gato more properly, I suppose) at some point. I'm struggling to work out the details for such an encounter, trying to figure a way it might credibly occur; as things stand, Mercy would never maintain her alias in the presence of Angie. Further plot development is needed… possibly an alternate strategy will be required. I'll do my best to come up with the most satisfying outcome possible.

Hope to see more of the TR saga soon, my friend! That or any of the other fun story ideas you've been developing at dA! I check that site often to see if anything new has arrived, and will continue to do so! Any new Raven Kirsaen artwork is too important to miss!

Last edited:
Frickin' hell! It's epic!

"Stop your muttering, I've come to brawl not drawl!" superbly crafted and unique dialogue throughout.

I love the exotic worlds you've created, and even the more familiar towns have a fairytale 'Brothers Grimm' quality - the timbered and stone houses of Tabor county are almost like the picturesque towns of central Europe, and then Stondene- reminds me of the places visited in the Asterix books for some reason. A perfectly realised but distinctly fantastical world, with the nexus of the dream realm.

For the story, sweet Angie is too polite to resist the sudden offer of the fertility ceremony, and what a stroke of genius to give wriggling snakes a pleasantly ticklish downy coat with which to stroke Angie's curves.

I'm catching up with this incredible series, now that I have my own efforts re-established. I'll enjoy seeing what happens in the multitude of narrative threads you've spun.

I think the art has improved in the sense that the angles seem more cinematic than I remember, but there is a timeless quality to the story and the presentation, a classical picturebook style married to the wonderful language. I had a book as a child about a girl who goes on a journey filled with incredible monsters, all rendered in a very particular style, but I have no idea what it was called. This just reminds me of it in so many ways.

Really, really enjoyable. Thank you.

Last edited:
Frickin' hell! It's epic!
Aw man, I am so far behind! First, let me thank you for this flurry of posting on these Low Roads threads! I truly do love reading opinions and speculation about this series, particularly when they're so in-depth as this! Second, my profound apology for taking so much time to reply… it was not for want of gratitude, believe me! Hope that my enthusiasm will make up for tardiness!

"Stop your muttering, I've come to brawl not drawl!" superbly crafted and unique dialogue throughout.
Very kind of you to say so! I tend to fret over the language my characters use; tinkering on the script never seems to end (I just recently wrapped up work on Chapter 26, after about a month), but the effort is so worthwhile when I receive compliments like this! Distilling the rather free-from elements of story musing into concrete practicality can be a trial, but it's still that part of the creative process I enjoy most. Having it so appreciated makes it that much more intense a pleasure!

I love the exotic worlds you've created, and even the more familiar towns have a fairytale 'Brothers Grimm' quality - the timbered and stone houses of Tabor county are almost like the picturesque towns of central Europe, and then Stondene- reminds me of the places visited in the Asterix books for some reason. A perfectly realised but distinctly fantastical world, with the nexus of the dream realm.
Thank you! I'm rather nuts about tudor style architecture and have tried to infuse as much of it as I can into Fairview. That does indeed lend the town a fairy tale familiarity which, as far as tone is concerned, really works to the story's benefit. Such grounding makes for a solid "normalcy" against which the more exotic intrusions and locales can be accounted… it serves as a relatively secure home base for the readers' perspective. The town's rather moldering loneliness also puts me mind of H.P.Lovecraft's arcane settings, which is a reaction I personally warm to.

So very pleased you liked the settlement of Stonedene Eastside! I was really eager to explore a tribal miliu, both because it would be so radically different from the societies thus far encountered and to set up the tone of raw-boned hardiness that would follow the Feares throughout their mountain trek. I'm only mildly familiar with the Asterix comic, but I can see why it would suggest itself. The dynamics are rather similar… tribal stolidness contrasting against a softer, more civilized invading outlook... even if the edge of aggression is absent.

For the story, sweet Angie is too polite to resist the sudden offer of the fertility ceremony, and what a stroke of genius to give wriggling snakes a pleasantly ticklish downy coat with which to stroke Angie's curves.
Angie is kind of a pushover! And Fiona is just enough of an imp to take advantage (in a loving, sisterly way, of course!) I'm really delighted that you enjoyed the serpent ceremony! That's something I'd wanted to try for quite some time… blunting reptilian cold-bloodedness into something warming and cheery. I'm personally a bit conflicted about snakes: close contact make me uneasy and I avoid being around them; at the same time, at at safe distance (like onscreen in a documentary, for example) I find them fascinating and admirable animals. The Stonedene ritual may have served as devise to make me more comfortable about the slithery critters; many of my imagined scenarios have a similar conciliatory dynamic involving creatures I'd sooner shun.

I'm catching up with this incredible series, now that I have my own efforts re-established. I'll enjoy seeing what happens in the multitude of narrative threads you've spun.
I'm most delighted you now have the time! Let me say how extraordinarily excited I was to see the continuation of your outstanding Fox Sisters adventure "Waterbabes"! That trio of sweeties (one blonde honey in particular!) can't appear on our forum pages often enough! Especially not when their superlative forms are being polished to a fine shimmer by all the slippery, wriggly sea life the briny can produce! Their subterranean, submerged sojourn has come to a most intriguing pass in your present pages… can they tear themselves from an outlandish massage they're only just coming to enjoy in order to encounter deep-sea horrors that promise to be more intrusive still! Neptune alone (… well.. and you, of course…) knows the answer!

I think the art has improved in the sense that the angles seem more cinematic than I remember, but there is a timeless quality to the story and the presentation, a classical picturebook style married to the wonderful language. I had a book as a child about a girl who goes on a journey filled with incredible monsters, all rendered in a very particular style, but I have no idea what it was called. This just reminds me of it in so many ways.
Your kind words about my artistic improvements are deeply appreciated! I certainly pray I grow more proficient as I go (a fine fix if it was working the other way!) I sympathize and am quite flattered by this comparison to the storybook you remember from your youth! I recall much in the way of child's picture literature (one wondrous, whimsical, beautifully illustrated volume about time-traveling back to see dinosaurs) that came from our local library in my formative years and had the most profound influence on my imagination! Alas, so many of those titles are beyond reach today, try as I might to find them… how I'd love another look!

Really, really enjoyable. Thank you.
A genuine privilege to hear from you, sir! Thank you so much for your generosity!

Last edited:
What's New

5/9/2024
If you need to report a post, the report button is to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back