• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

Zeonic Nylons - The Zaku Lady.

Kalamos

Level of Lemon Feather
First Pinup girl the Zeonic Nylons series.
Zaku Lady - Heat Saber Version.
Enjoy.

Attachments

• K.ZakuLady.01.lo.c.jpg
    K.ZakuLady.01.lo.c.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 566
Last edited:
Not conversant with Zeon... more war-gaming, I presume (the gun-metal and hot blade, plus the WWII-familiar rubble, would seem to militate in that direction). The helmet has a recognizable Kalamos-esque lilt, though. Amusing that the bikini top assumes the same armored tones... not much protection, but definitely stylish! Our heroine is a healthy lass: vibrant skin-tones and loads of Irish-red locks, complimented by a cock-sure posture (she seems perfectly at home in this war-zone) and full (if tight), cherry-hued grin. The sword's "glow" effect is most convincing (it looks to be perfectly capable of slicing through steel), and the tattered nylons, however unlikely, are well unified into the kiss/kill thematics and don't appear at all out of place. However luscious, her intense gaze makes me uneasy... I've got a distinct impression I'm being measured for a killing thrust.

Low_Roads said:
Not conversant with Zeon... more war-gaming, I presume.
Surprise, surprise, this is actually otaku fan art.
Zeon is a principality made up by space colonies in the fictional sci-fi universe of MS Gundam's saga.

Being somewhat of a Gundam fan myself, I thought I'd throw in some fan tribute in this otherwise mundane piece.

The WW II appearance actually comes from Gundam itself, as Zeon is being portrayed as the sci-fi equivalent of Nazi Germany, fighting against Earth Federation, patterned after western military juntas, for political independence.

As it is customary with jap sagas, even baddies show some glimpse of humanity, and heroes can be as vicious in fighting for what they consider "good and noble", and along the series, the title of bad guys shifts a lot between Zeon, Federation and even individual characters themselves.
In usual jap perspective, good or evil is relative to what we do and who's judging us.

This pic is actually patterned after pin-up babes being painted on flying fortresses from WW II, and consequently copied over to giant mechas as a concept.

The background itself could come from any fighting theater from the "One Year War" scenario, either the principality portrayed as a victorious lady, trampling over the ruins of conquered federation cities, or Zeon defeated emerging from its own ashes as an avenging valkyre.

Constant being here, scantily clad ladies and a lot of senseless destruction...

MS Gundam fans will likely recognise bits from actual Zeon mechas, from the rechambered Zaku Gun, to the glowing Gouf heat saber, to the battered Gouf head remodelled after XV century German sallet, plus the distinctive Zeonic mono-eye feature.

-> http://ms05bzakui.quickseek.com/

Our heroine is a healthy lass: vibrant skin-tones and loads of Irish-red locks, complimented by a cock-sure posture.
I must give what is due: I patterned her posture after Saudelli's and Baldazzini's equally earthy ladies.

And colouring itself is a bit different from my usual, front light, glossy details affair.
I used Tyklfynd's tutorial and tried something different, mixing in different light sources for a - hopefully - subtler end effect and finish.

Something I'm happy about is details: I would have wanted to cram the pic with little bits of obscure stuff, but it would have been lost to screen resize, so I contented myself with a single tattoo device, on her shoulder.

Twin hearts, drawn to resemble a suitably Zeonic [and Nazi] cross emblem - something I feel would be equally appropriate on mechas and pilots themselves.

All in all, I had fun drawing it, and I hope you had fun watching it as well.

MS Gundam fans will likely recognise bits from actual Zeon mechas, from the rechambered Zaku Gun, to the glowing Gouf heat saber, to the battered Gouf head remodelled after XV century German sallet, plus the distinctive Zeonic mono-eye feature.
This one recognizes them, at least. That gun and cyclopic optics are Zeon to the core. I confess I would have forgotten the specific suit the heat saber came from had you not mentioned it, however. XD

I can definitely see elements of Tyklfynd's coloring style in there; you did a fine job of making it work for you, that you did. I am also reminded, albeit slightly, of Futurama's Leela in the lips and signle eye, that I am. Hair color not even close, of course. XD A splendid job on all counts!

HisDivineShadow said:
That gun and cyclopic optics are Zeon to the core. I confess I would have forgotten the specific suit the heat saber came from had you not mentioned it, however.
Mono-optics are a staple with Zeon mechas.

Heat sabers, on the other hand, are almost synonymous with Goufs.
Doms did employ heat weaponry, but their blades were longer and sleeker, and looked much more like rods or beam sabers than actual swords.

Goufs on the other hand, were the reign of customisation and field modifications.
Their production lines ran just a few models, compared to the widely spread Zakus, and when Doms kicked in, filling the same niche, Goufs got discontinued, surviving only as limited pieces.

As later ret-conning sources would seem to indicate, a lot of the mechas showed in MS Gundam were prototypes, either in shape or colours, leaving a lot of leeway to modellers and collectors for personal interpretation.

For example, only Ramba Ral's Gouf should be blue, and only Black Tri-Star Doms were meant to be black and purple.

Only side stories and some OVAs take ret-conning into account, though: most videogames ignore it, for the sake of simplicity, and allow players to use one-of-a-kind mechs and colours.

But, in the end, it's just sci-fi, so, no big deal.

😉

I can definitely see elements of Tyklfynd's coloring style in there; you did a fine job of making it work for you, that you did.
When somebody teaches, I try and learn.

I am also reminded, albeit slightly, of Futurama's Leela in the lips and single eye, that I am. Hair color not even close, of course.
Well, given she looks like a "cyclops" - incidentally, one of Zeon's elite teams - I can see what you mean.

I could go for purple hair with my next piece.
I've got a whole line of mechas, if I really feel like drawing more.

Kalamos said:
I could go for purple hair with my next piece.
I've got a whole line of mechas, if I really feel like drawing more.
If you ever feel like it, include the MS-18 Kämpfer in your lineup. Always partial to that blue devil this one was. 😀

HisDivineShadow said:
If you ever feel like it, include the MS-18 Kämpfer in your lineup. Always partial to that blue devil this one was.
I'd like to follow the natural production line: Zaku, to Gouf, to Dom, to Gelgoog...

BUT I love Kaempfers myself, especially Kondo's black and tan rendition, which seemed much more serious and sinister than the sky-blue figure they portrayed in models.

Thinking of it, the lone Kaempfer should have won against the ill-piloted NT1 Alex, but, again, it's just sci-fi.

By hard reality, Amuro should have died in the first fight, against a war veteran in his fully tuned-up mecha.
They made him a newtype, so it was ok.

It's called a license... dunno what kind.

😀

Well, I'm not that well versed in the characters and what-not, but I do know hot art when I see it.

Excellent work! This is really hot in a very surreal sort of way. Does something funny to me in a funny way. T-riffic.

What's New

10/18/2024
If you see some spam on the forum, report it with the report button on its lower left,
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back