• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

A warning to raise awareness

Xtreme09

TMF Master
I got this quote from 4chan. I'm not sure if it's true and i'm hoping it's not but just to be safe and raise awareness:

"The US Government is currently debating and revising a bill which would give them an “internet filter” This power would be granted to them in something they are calling the “Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement.” Their justification for creating this is that it would be used to protect intellectual property, and to protect the US against cyber-warfare attacks. In reality, it simply allows the US Government to shut down any websites it wishes too, without disclosing their names to the public, effectively allowing them to censor the internet without any consent from the people.

Back in February, Anonymous lauched an assault on the Australian Government’s internet censorship plans, dubbed Operation Titstorm. The attacks were successful, and raised awareness of the bill, causing it to be revised and changed. Now, America is trying to do the same thing Australia did. We must not allow this to happen."

I am currently researching on this ACTA.

I'm pretty sure the filter was a big deal in Australia since it was first introduced, so much so that it led to the creation of the Sex Party, who i voted for.

But no, its just silly and pointless and will probably be shot down just on the grounds that it violates the constitution, but then again so does Fiat currency and people have no problems with that.

If it shows anything it is that governments and mainstream politically parties in the english speaking world have become rather homogenous in that beyond superficial differences there's no real big difference on how they'll act when they get into power, the worst example of this being the government of the UK.

http://www.spiked-online.com/index.php/site/article/5535/

Also just to point out that isn't new, the fight over internet freedoms has been going on since at least the better part of the decade, but what can you do when all you've got advocating your side are independent journalists, politicians and he occasional internet troll while there is a goal for both government and media to push this, and how best to examplify these fears than Law and Order SVU.

Last edited:
http://yestofreedom.org/2009/12/18/freedom-tan/

Yes To Freedom has its own Tan 😀

But in all seriousness I personally think that, as far as Australia is concerned, that the Sex Party is a great means for lobbying for a political environment more favourable to free speech on the net than advocacy groups which have no political aspirations.

http://www.sexparty.org.au/

In the last federal election they managed to garner 1.99% of the vote, which ties them with Family First as the fourth most powerful political party in Australia, under Labour, Liberal and the Greens, considering this was their first ever election they participated in its really quite impressive, I'm proud to say i voted for them.

But no, its just silly and pointless and will probably be shot down just on the grounds that it violates the constitution, but then again so does Fiat currency and people have no problems with that.

That's only because people are too stupid to pay attention to what they believe to be "the little things". Fiat money was a terrible idea. Dollars can't be converted into gold anymore, so our currency is not backed. This is largely responsible for the economic situation we're in. What makes it even more absurd is that this happened 39 years ago.

However, people value their internet connections above most things in their lives. Whenever it's decided to begin looking at a bill censoring the internet, it will be all over Facebook, Twitter and whatever else the masses use for gathering information. They will stand up for this.

Agree with PS on both points. This proposal won't make it past the house let alone the senate.

http://boingboing.net ofgten has breaking news about net neutrality and censorship.

Agree with PS on both points. This proposal won't make it past the house let alone the senate.

I wished I shared your sense of optimism, but I'm thinking our government is just corrupt enough to drop the hammer on what they see as a "liberalizing" force, and that a lot of my fellow Yanks could care less about net freedom or neutrality. Having said that, I'm quite impressed with the number of people who already have hollered "Oh, no you don't!" to censorshit (spelling intentional) and the abolition of net neutrality.

Player 0 - You think the UK's government is the most corrupt only because you've never witnessed an American election! 🙂

"Operation Titstorm"? I love that guy already!

if i were a "Truther", this might sound like the makings of a NWO, i find it amusing to read some of the stuff that comes out of infowars.com or prisonplanet.com, they have been warning "truthers" of this bill ever since it was first proposed, i find myself on the fence about these things, one thing i do know is that the government sometimes(not all the time) does things to protect the general interest of the nation, this bill does not seem like one of them.

maybe some damaging info leaked about a congressmen or congresswomen lol.

Last edited:
What's New

9/19/2024
The TMF Archives hold colections of our communities creators work, take a look!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back