• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Abandon All Pope

Senshi1

Staff
You all know the news. The Pope quoted a medieval text that described Mohammed's teachings as "inhuman and evil", and because he failed to stress that that wasn't his own personal opinion, all hell has broken loose. He's become the first Pope to issue a public apology, but some people are saying it isn't enough. Some extrmists have threatened to attack the Vatican, and a nun has already been shot and killed as well as many Churches fire bombed.

What does everybody think of this?

Personally, I think that some people are overreacting to this way too much. I mean, he quoted a 600-year-old conversation - he's already said that it's not how he himself feels. And as one journalist pointed out, the few extremists are objecting to being called violent by shooting nuns and bombing churches; what do you prove by that?

Fairplay - it seems that most people who took offense have also accepted the apology, but once again the press is concentrating on the few who aren't and making them all look bad. The Pope should have made his views more clear (or not said anything at all), the extremists should have taken a chill pill, but the press certainly aren't helping the matter by blaring "MUSLIMS WANT POPE DEAD".

Opinions, people?

The thing that struck me as stupid was the idea of bombing churches and killing nuns because you don't like the Pope. I mean... if extremists want to get rid of the Pope, how is killing innocent people going to do this at all? People seriously need to shut up, sit down, and get on with their lives. Especially the press. Never believe anything you hear from them.

Especially the press. Never believe anything you hear from them.
Yeah - I always make it a point to not form an opinion on something like this until I've read about 5 different articles. I know a lie is a lie, but it just gives you a wider perspective, rather than being influenced by a single opinion.

But yeah, killing nuns does seem a tad pointless. And the majority of the churches that were attacked weren't even Catholic.

first a danish news comic strip, now the pope? these people need to lighten the f*ck up. i mean most other religions get ragged on all the time, but someone onpens their mouth about almight mohammed, and here comes the almighty jihad on your doomed ass. it's sickening.

I have to admit, I did laugh when I read about some of the protest signs, namely "Jesus is the slave of Allah". It reminded me of children in the playground shouting "my dad's harder than your dad!"

btw, where's the news article of this? can't find one.

People like that honestly make me sick. It really seems to me that the "extremest" that are doing all this are just using that as an excuse. "OH, he said something about Mohammed! I now have the right to take offence and burn everything he stands for!". BULLSHIT!

Mind you, it isn't every Muslim that is up in arms. 'Tis merely the vocal minority and a larger easily-swayed body that are all up in arms. However, non-representative these groups may be, they still seem to be proving the Pope's quote quite correct (And yet he didn't even use it literally).

Mind you, it isn't every Muslim that is up in arms. 'Tis merely the vocal minority and a larger easily-swayed body that are all up in arms.
Yeah, exactly. That's why it bugs me slightly to see the newspapers shouting "MUSLIMS WANT POPE DEAD" - it makes it sound as though it's every single Muslim. A lot of people have accepted his apology anyway, but you don't hear about those often.

Sammi-Chan

The reason the innocent people are targeted is because they are easier to get to than the leaders are

BigNorm said:
first a danish news comic strip, now the pope? these people need to lighten the f*ck up. i mean most other religions get ragged on all the time, but someone onpens their mouth about almight mohammed, and here comes the almighty jihad on your doomed ass. it's sickening.
Your post made me think of this cartoon I saw over at Newgrounds put out right after the Danish comic happenings.

Here it is, if anyone is interested

I just honestly can't stand the double standards exemplified by the "Religion of Peace".

TickleMonkey said:
Your post made me think of this cartoon I saw over at Newgrounds put out right after the Danish comic happenings.

Here it is, if anyone is interested

I just honestly can't stand the double standards exemplified by the "Religion of Peace".

now that was funny. that really made my day 🙂

Heck there are even extremist Christians in this country that want the Pope dead. There are lots of evangeical Christians (Holy Rollers) that firmly beleive that he is the anti-christ.
But seriously, everyone needs to mellow out on the issue. Most of the worlds problems these days are cause by people not having a thick enough skin.

They have become pussies.

IMO

labrat78 said:
Heck there are even extremist Christians in this country that want the Pope dead. There are lots of evangeical Christians (Holy Rollers) that firmly beleive that he is the anti-christ.
But seriously, everyone needs to mellow out on the issue. Most of the worlds problems these days are cause by people not having a thick enough skin.

They have become pussies.

IMO

you wanna know why? this is why:

Attachments

• pope.gif
    pope.gif
    39.6 KB · Views: 41
I knew we were all screwed when the first polish Pope was succeeded by a German one.🙁

I think the reaction by the extremists only serves to demonstrate that the texts Pope Benedict cited are true. The twisted beliefs of the radicals ARE "inhuman and evil" as are their beliefs under a warped Jihad and perverted worship of Mohammad.

The Pope was apologizing to the good-natured and the holy, those of which have nothing to do with this, in any physical, mental, or spiritual way. I don't feel he had to do that, but he did just to make it clear the contexts in which he cited the texts, and I think the right people appriciated it and understood.

Any muslim should be able to get it. Its the radicals that don't, and so they say, swear, and plot stupid things.

If it wasn't this, they'd be declaring another war over something else. Thats just their way. Pass wind in a temple and you're dead. Anything sets them off and no one should be surprized by it. That type of a reaction is not only typical, but predictable.

Last edited:
and until they change beliefs, or until the last muslim or any other "extremist" is gone, there shall never be "Peace in the Middle East". Which shall be never

general zod said:
Sammi-Chan

The reason the innocent people are targeted is because they are easier to get to than the leaders are

Exactly! So they might as well stop killing people in the first place! The world would be a lot better if people would think a little bit first.

I'm glad to see that there's a decent discussion taking place here, and not just "ZOMG DA MUSLIMS R FAGS WE SHUD JUST NUKE EM ALL OLOLOLOLOL" (see: any YouTube video comment on any topic at all). Everyone I've spoken to so far sides with the Pope, but here's an interesting article from The Guardian that takes a look at the other side of the story:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/pope/story/0,,1875791,00.html

This sickens me, as a muslim myself. These radicals....man...
I seriously do not respect these "Mini Radicals" as I like to refer to them. Simply because they are like the sperm who fly off from the bunch and get killed by the dangers in the human body. Most of these Mini Radicals know of Osama Bin Laden, a faomus terrorist and radical, and intend to emulate him, with publicized success, but the truth is they lack the structure in their organizations. Osama has many people who will do as their told, as do the people in the mini plots. When Osama blows something up, it is usually something large scale, or something of great importance. When a mini terrorist blows something up, it is rarely ever of something of great importance. In Al Quaeda, when someone is doing something that is not part of the program, they are killed, not on the spot, it is much more arabesque the way they do it. Hence what hapend to that guy....Zarqawi.
Also, these Mini Radicals often do not understand Jihad. Even if they have been taught about it. They just know, If you are in a holy war, and kill yourself, you will go straight to paradise.
There is No Goddang Holy War in Somalia!!! What is wrong with you mini Osama's?!!!!

Senshi said:
I have to admit, I did laugh when I read about some of the protest signs, namely "Jesus is the slave of Allah"

😀😀😀

impossible cause, as few as i know about religion, it's supposed to be the same god for the three major religions ... so well Allah gets owned this time

d'oh 😉

getting owned by a narrow minded medieval theologian or something?

medieval ? it never existed, somebody tells really huge lies 🙂

aucklandtickler said:
Easy tiger.

Fact is, the Islamic world demanded an apology. Not only did they get one from the Vatican, the Pope himself apologised in person. Now, that apology isn't good enough. Sure, the Pope's comments were tactless but that doesn't justify the Islamic response.

Good point. What do people think the Pope's job is, anyway? He's a very highly visible public figure revered by millions, who represents Catholocism around the world. The least people can expect from him is that he be a tactful public speaker.

I might have to get one of these shirts after all:
http://www.foulmouthshirts.com/New-Shirts/Fuck-Your-God-T-shirt.htm

BTW, I don't think Joe America is in a place to chide other nations' peoples for being easily offended. Not after this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_XXXVIII_halftime_show_controversy

What's New

9/26/2024
The TMF Chatroom is always busy and its free1
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back