• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Aurora Models that should've been...

Christopher Syn

TMF Regular
Remember those great models by a company called Aurora? There was Frankenstein, Dracula, Wolfman, the Mummy (to name but a few). There was also a series called 'Madam Tussauds Chamber of Horrors', however, the only model produced was the 'Guillotine' that was so popular during the French Revolution. There were also several others slated,(the Hanging Tree, The Electric Chair and the Rack) but due to the negative outcry from parents, these were shelved. So I offer a 'what if' series of model boxtops from 'Dr. Syns Chamber of Horrors'. I hope you enjoy...

Attachments

• Aurora Medieval Rack 1a.jpg
    Aurora Medieval Rack 1a.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 591
  • Aurora Medieval Rack Model 2.JPG
    Aurora Medieval Rack Model 2.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 449
  • Aurora Medieval Rack model 3.jpg
    Aurora Medieval Rack model 3.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 373
  • Aurora Medieval Rack model 4.jpg
    Aurora Medieval Rack model 4.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 546
  • Aurora Torture Stocks model 1.jpg
    Aurora Torture Stocks model 1.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 491
Nice model art! Aurora actually had one planned, but it fell through due to alleged parental outrage.

Attachments

• rack.jpg
    rack.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 391
Ever read, I think it's called, "Amazing Modeler" magazine? It wouldn't be hard to 'kit-bash' a rack model. I do believe that Aurora did offer a "Pit and the Pendulum" model.....😉

Ha! Those are great! Incidentally, when I was still just a kid, we moved down to Florida, and I'll never forget visiting a drugstore with these kitchy modelling sets like something out of a Jesus Franco movie- with a mad professor, torture rack, damsel in distress, and lab accoutrements. I have yet to pin down just what company offerred these old kits. We're talking mid-70's or so...

Those were also Aurora; called "Monster Scenes", but they were shot down because of parental outrage. You can usually find them on e-bay in the modeling/ monsters section.

Those were also Aurora; called "Monster Scenes", but they were shot down because of parental outrage. You can usually find them on e-bay in the modeling/ monsters section.

I can't tell you how long I've wondered about that. Thanks for clearing that up for me, Christopher Syn! Any chance of pix from these long lost sets? Or can anyone link me to some pix of them?

Sometimes you can get a "built up" photo from someone who is getting rid of a model on ebay. Most of the time the photo is of just box art.

Hey radiosean, thanks for the Aurora link!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some more...

Attachments

• Aurora Iron Maiden model 1.jpg
    Aurora Iron Maiden model 1.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 134
  • Aurora Whipping Post model.jpg
    Aurora Whipping Post model.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 216
  • Aurora Tickle-Torture Macheine.jpg
    Aurora Tickle-Torture Macheine.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 332
Last edited:
Hah! I'm not usually a fan of "poser"-art, but it works magnificently with these concept modelling kits. Imagine the attention-to-detail we would have lavished on them if we had recieved these sets as kids! :laughing:

Zenobia

Well, for all us ticklers out there, thre's still the Zenobia model from the Conan the Barbarian series. Available on line or at comic books stores. I really had to resist impulse buying this when I first came across it.

Attachments

• XT1181_m.jpg
    XT1181_m.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 131
  • XT1181 b_m.jpg
    XT1181 b_m.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 131
  • XT1181 c_m.jpg
    XT1181 c_m.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 101
Alrighty then....

...all you have to do is come up with a figure to go on this sucker. Anybody wanna give it a try? Personally, I'd like to find a Vampirella figure small enough to fit on it....

Attachments

• model.jpg
    model.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 65
I have the Zenobia figure. It's great, but it'll require a lot of work to modify. You'd also have to build the contraption around her scale.

The pendulum would have to be totally reworked to be creditable...work, yet not immmmpossible! :super_hap

I'm not sure of the size of the "Pendulum" model, but you could also use an action figure. They're extremely posable.

It's actually small, if memory serves...however it can be re-worked to accommodate a larger figure.

Attachments

• Aurora Torture Stocks model 2.jpg
    Aurora Torture Stocks model 2.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 107
Absolutely amazing! I actually had the pendulum and the victim from the monster scenes collection and before I could get the Vampirella figure they discontinued the set. Would love to get the tickle machine. Had several of their airplane models as a kid. And I ended up being a aircraft mechanic. Guess Aurora Models had some influence on me. Thanks for the site link radioshawn, sure brought back a lot of memories.

Back in the late 80's and early 90's there was a model company called Phoenix Phollies (follies?) They were white metal figures of ladies,usually topless One of them was of a lady who was barefoot and in a set of stocks Great thread BTW

Also, back in the heyday of Dungeons & Dragons geekdom, there were the occasional racked and otherwise tied-for-torment little pewter figurines of nekkid chicks.

What's New

9/19/2024
The TMF Archives hold colections of our communities creators work, take a look!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back