• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

AVP Poll! Alien or Predator & Why you picked that side?!?!

Alien or Predator?!

• Alien

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Predator

Votes: 24 75.0%

• Total voters

Hue

For me the choice is a no-brainer. PREDATOR! I picked Predator because 1.) They are ugly but cool looking, 2.) Top notch weaponry from their wrist blade(s) to their energy weapon, 3.) The cloaking feature is killer, and 4.) ONLY 1 PREDATOR IN THE PREDATOR AND PREDATOR 2! The Aliens are WEAK PUSSIES. Numerous Aliens in their movies.

I've always been a Predator fan over an Alien fan since I was a kid. As for why I picked that side, there are several reasons:

1.) They have optim prism body armor which protects their already tough constitution even more. The armor also serves as a means to allow their body to be cloaked.

2.) They have laser-guided smart weapons. These weapons are both short and long range and are capable of inflicting huge ammounts of damage in a short ammount of time.

3.) The Predators are hunters who come from a race of hunters. They are taught at an early age the art of war and how to hunt. They are given extensive melee training and are trained with melee weopons, such as the spear and their claw weopon.

4.) They are technologically superior, even though their methods seem rugged.

5.) They are highly intellegent and have gathered much information on many races throughout the universe. This enables them to have a deeper understanding of other races, and provides them with many different battle tactics they could use for each.

6.) They have the pride of a warrior and they believe in things like honor and the rules of engagement. They will not kill an unarmed target nor a defensless child if it does not pose a threat to them. They do have a conscience, and I suspect they do have morals and standards as well. This was proven when the Predator in the second movie did not kill Danny Glover's female copfriend. He had the opportunity to kill her, and perhaps he would have had she not been pregnant. He spared her even though she was strong game.

When the predators find a worthy foe, they will engage them in hand to hand combat without the use of their technology. We saw this in the first Predator movie, when the Predator challenged Arnold.

The predators have a certain level of respect for the game they hunt, which makes hunting for them more than just a sport, but a way of life.

7.) If a predator is bested, they always have the option of setting off their atomic wrist weopon. Provided you are in the immiediate blast radius, nothing will survive. How was it said..."enough firepower to level 300 city blocks, remarkable weoponry!"

The predators accept death, and perhaps in a way feel they've dishonored their people when they've lost. So killing themselves is much akin to the war samurais would commit suicide when their ideals were lost, or their integrity was compromised or they failed.

Again, and again, the predators remind me more of us, humans, than anything else. So I'm naturally inclined to side with them, aside from the obvious fact that they're just plain cooler than the Aliens.

Good points as always Vlad. I haven't seen the 2nd Predator movie the whole way through, just parts of it. I loved the scene where the Predator brought down his wrist blades and trapped Arnold at his neck before egaging in Hand to Hand combat w/ Arnold. Another great scene is the Predator going around Arnold's 'spiked trap' only to step into the 'log trap' boundries. More evidence that the Predators are 'human-like' and very intelligent.

In my opinion, the Predator movie was way better than any of the Alien movies. Thus, I choose Predator.

I vote for Alien. Here are the reasons;
1. Aliens kicked Predators' butts in AVP.
2. "Aliens" was better than any Predator movie.
3. Predators make friends with humans...Yuck...

Predator forever.

Why, you ask? Cuz, he is a hunter. Like me. Period.

But what the heck, I might as well rub it in a little more!
Organization, tactics, intelligence, acvanced technology. I mean come on, who here would not want to be friends with a creature that has a self healing kit, muscles bigger than Arnold's, and a lazer cannon on the shoulder. Not to mention the ability to blow up 2 square miles of land just for fun!

michal said:
I vote for Alien. Here are the reasons;
1. Aliens kicked Predators' butts in AVP.
2. "Aliens" was better than any Predator movie.
3. Predators make friends with humans...Yuck...

THANKS FOR RUINING THE MOVIE FOR ME MICHAL! I NEVER GOT A CHANCE TO SEE AVP WHEN IT WAS IN THEATERS, SO I AM GETTING IT ON DVD SOON. OH WELL, YOU WIN SOME, YOU LOSE SOME!

Thanks to everyone who has participated thus far! 😉

LOL. I was sorta kidding, but seriously I am getting AVP today so it's not like I would know what happened in the end. Glad to know that there are some Alien lovers out there.

lol, i accidently misunderstood the question and accidently voted for aliens.

aliens kicked predators ass in AVP because those were teenaged preds that were hunting aliens for a test to become "men" people say preds suck cause they got their ass kicked, but no, those were noob predators so to speak, not battle hardened preds.

but preds are THE best no question about it.

Young Preds? Hmmm... I thought of some other reasons, why Predators lost, but I won't tell them.. I don't want to spoil the movie...anymore...

despite my luv for predator and disdain for a crappy PG-13 movie, id say aliens.

Every time they are underestimated in their actions as a group or or individual. In every alien movie and even avp, the aliens were seen as a less of a threat than what they are, and look what happened. They wiped out a squad of high tech marines twice

AVP could have been made and directed so much better. The Predators have enough technology to make sure nobody wins. Only 2 possible outcomes here.

1. The Predators win.
2. Predators cannot handle the strength in numbers the Aliens have. The Predators self destruct with enough power to destroy everything.

Last edited:
Aliens.

1. The weak bastards still pose a threat to even the predators. That's why they hunt them.
2. They only lose because they are the bad guy in the movie. Otherwise they just might win.
3. In the game, they have a head bite which when done properly, kills efficiently. A good alien will wipe the floor with a Pred or Human any day.
4. Someone ( me ) has to control the aliens like small minions of destruction sent to massacre the unwary humans while blindly destroying the predators without truly understanding the real reason behind their mayham. Until Predator royalties pay more.

The greatest threat the Aliens present to the universe is the fact they spawn too quickly, and, en mass, perhaps could lay waste to alot of it.

The Predators (humans even) are equipped to handle the threat and always do. We cannot take a few events from a few movies and use them as an overall deciding factor in who really would win.

Strategically, and by way of intellegence and weoponry, the Predators could kill any Alien force on a planet simply by bombarding the surface first and then finishing off the rest like cattle. In the case their lair is underground, the Predators have a way of dealing with that as well. The Predators are not stupid and would know what to do before they actually do it. With the Aliens, they don't know whats going on until they sense intruders.

Also consider that the Queen is a handicap to the Aliens as well. Without her the hive has no sense of direction or order and becomes much more predictable as it is now more ferel and animalistic than it was before. If the general of a Predator army was killed, theres always another fully trained professional to take his place. Not necessarily so with a Queen. Without her, the hive cannot function as well as a unit and they may turn on eachother.

The Predators could destroy the Aliens from afar, and then execute the rest of them in person. This isn't to say the Predators are cowards, since they prove time and time again that they often challenge death, despite the outcome. The fact they might do this as part of their tactics doesn't make it unfair. Its not their fault the Aliens are just aliens. Its like blaming one alien race for simply being superior to another.

It really is no contest. AVP (the movie that is) proved one thing- that while the Aliens are a problem the Predators own them as the whole movie revolved around the manipulation and control of the situation the Predators exterted. Everything was a pawn to them, and while they could not predict the deaths of the unexperienced Predators going in, they had countermeasures for everything. They were so confident frommany past battles and experiences, that even an unexperienced squad of Predators could potential complete their mission and training exercise.

The Predators work in small numbers, because they're that damn powerful and don't need the extra backup, and because when hunting, its just a fact that small squads are more mobile and effective for most mission profiles.

Presuming it ever came to a full-scale war, we'd no doubt see hundreds of Predators, if not thousands (and thats at just one battle location), instead of the lone ones, or squads we've seen thus far. And that many Predators in one place, at one time.....sorry, the Aliens don't stand a chance, even if they do outnumber the Predators 3 to 1, or even more. Also consider any missle weopons the Predators may have, and other artillery.

Pound for pound, intellegence for intellgence, fighting ability for fighting ability, and weopons for weopons, the Predators are better than the Aliens and always have the CHOICE of wiping them out. The reason they do no however is if they were to do one large purging, this particular game would become extinct or be wiped out completely, and they don't want that, as the Predators will admit, the Aliens are a worthy foe.

As long as the Aliens can be kept in line and their population monitored, then there will be no Alien dominance in anything. The Predators obviously don't sweat it, as they actually create Aliens themselves and force them to breed for the sake of their training exercises. Even if these are confined environments, the fact they do this at all goes to show they do not want to wipe this race out because its too precious to them.

The obvious potential threat would be in a huge hive attack, planet for planet, like an invasion. But even then, one missle could pretty much even the odds, whether it was an unscalable battle or something much smaller.

Just as a race, the Aliens fall short because they are little more than animals.

And I wasn't particularly impressed with AVP anyway. It was exagerated in the previews, and the trailer was very misleading. It led us to believe there was going to be or was a huge battle, but it was really just a skirmish mission. That was dissappointing, dispite the few zingers they threw at us. But even those were predictable.

PS: I realize some of what I've said is spoiler material, and I wouldn't have talked about it otherwise if people weren't already talking about it and ruined it for those that have not seen it yet.

Last edited:
Also, I'm sure theres other races the Predators hunt that are far more challenging than the Aliens. We've just been led to assume that the Aliens are the number 1 equal to the Predators, when, for all we know, theres a race that CAN stand toe to toe with the Predators and one that actually has the potential to destroy them, rather than being a nuisance like the Aliens.

The Terrans (us) have the potential for alot of things, but in this series we have much in common with the Predators, and its more mutually beneficial to co-exist, however uneasy that might be, than to make definite enemies of eachother.

Every time the Predators visit Earth, they leave with even more respect for us because we show them we are worthy warriors as well, even if they have the power to smite us on a whim.

Remember that we've only seen adult Aliens with humans and earth animals as their hosts. A Predalien (with Predator as the host) is surely much stroneger and faster than any Hunter. I also don't think that predators in AVP were victorious. Here are main proofs:
1. The whole hunting squad got killed
2. They didn't manage to kill the Queen
3. They forgot about the predalien...

Without "Shoulder Cannons", young inexperienced hunters were no real match for even one Alien. That was the main reason of their defeat.

Good Points by All!

Okay, from what I have been reading, everyone has good points on both sides, but DAMNIT, STOP TALKING ABOUT AVP! Remember, some of us haven't seen it yet. If you think about it, in the end, we the humans come out victorious by defeating the Aliens and Predators. Notice that I didn't say KILL, but you Alien fans need to tell me if a I am wrong here cause I only saw Predator. In Predator 1, the Predator self-destruct, thus wasn't killed by Arnold, merely defeated. And if what you people say about the Preds in AVP being younger than the Preds in Pred 1 & Pred 2, then I can understand why the Preds got defeated in AVP, but remember this, Humans are the real winners, cause do you honestly think that we want to have Aliens and Predators here on Earth killing our friends, family, loved ones, and us? I wouldn't, but it would be cool being friends/allies with them. Anyway, enough of my ranting, keep on voting/talking about your favorite side, Alien or Predator!

Finally saw AVP!

I just finished watching AVP just a few minutes ago. DAMN IT WAS GOOD! I agree that the Preds got their asses kicked, BUT I AM STILL A DIE-HARD PREDATOR FAN! Those of you who watched the movie AVP and who are Alien fans must realize something, THE ALIENS WERE CREATED BY THE PREDATORS!!!!!!!!!!!! Not only do the Preds cloak, but their ship does too! That is some sweetness right there. The Alien that I would NOT want to face, is those DAMN FACE HUGGERS! You get nailed by those suckers and you are so DEAD. Much rather face the 'worker' Aliens or the Queen herself before facing a face hugger!

dude i just bought oit today and it rocks i hope they make a new one with the preditor aien in it

i dunno how anyone could say avp was good

The comic by dark horse was more graphic and violent than this movie, now yes, u dont always need blood and carnage for a good flick but these are 2 franchises BUILT off it, hell look at the first two predator movies, decapitations, spinal cord removing, skinned bodies, etc etc. Aliens had good blood and gore as well. Thats like taking freddy vs Jason and having it pg with only implied killing

Come on! AVP is at least better than "Alien: Ressurection" (the Aliens became deadly again). I really had fun watching this movie (although "Predator" and "Aliens" were much, much better)...

What's New

9/19/2024
The TMF Archives hold colections of our communities creators work, take a look!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back