• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Baldour's Castle Approach

Khali

2nd Level Red Feather
Obviously a non-tick piece, since it's here in the section-we-don't-speak-of.

A recent color work of mine depicting one of my favorite scenes from one of my cult classic fave games.

If you want a deeper description, head over to this link. Or not. I'm not really in the mood to talk more.

Attachments

• BaldourCastleFinal.jpg
    BaldourCastleFinal.jpg
    277.7 KB · Views: 210
I've never played the game; the floating castle does ring dim bells, though... I must have seen screen shots once upon a time. The atmosphere for this picture is just wonderful; the roiling, bottom-of-the-sea blue clouds form such a potent contrast to Alisia's fiery anger! One can all but feel the icy storm winds! She clearly faces a mountainous challenge, but her obvious stubborn commitment and the lightning-like rage streaking from her fingers promise she may be an equal to those forbidding amber eyes! The figure-work is excellent: cleanly delineated and convincingly posed in a compensating-balance attitude!! A very strong contest entry... I'd hate to be competing against it!

LBH:
Thanks very much, as always, for such a detailed reply of appreciation for detail. I really enjoyed putting this one together, as it was one of my favorite gaming scenes (and characters).

Of course, it lost.

I'm glad one person enjoyed this one at least. Really makes me want to post more...

HDS forgot to reply two days ago. Have merceeeeeeeey ... ;_;

That funky castle looks straight out of a classic side-scrolling arcade game. All that's missing are the hordes of weak but numerous guards encrusting it (Unless it is the boss, which it might be, given its flight). Her outfit is a contrast, I dare say. For a top she covers quite a bit whilst leaving her lower self with barely anything (A loincloth like that on a hover platform is no way to maintain decency). Of course, the heroine has less concern for decency and more concern with being heroic. 😛 *Thumbs up*

Definitely a lot more than one person enjoyed this one. I really like it too. I'd never had the pleasure of playing the game, but that is an amazing picture. The way the storm rages behind the castle and all around it lends to the feel that this place is most definitely not a vacation spot. It's a place to be avoided, but for some reason it must be approached, as the girl is doing. Speaking of her, I get the feeling that she doesn't particularly want to go there, but she knows she has to.
Maybe I read a bit too much into the picture, but I know it is very well drawn and colored. It looks amazing. I really like it.

That's one awesome color art piece, Khali! We see so little color art from you, but this shows your full art potential! I never played or heard from this game, but I immediatly recognized the style and feel of the sidescroller era. two planes of clouds, stretching to the horizon.. on the SNES they did it through "mode 7" tilted planes, and on the Megadrive through parallaxing layers... but the style was unmistakingly the same, and you have fully succeeded in capturing that style.
Those clouds are truly beautifully rendered, you really got some digital coloring skills... I just recently bought a digital drawing tablet, and am slowly introducing some digital coloration into my art, but your a pro already!
Fantastic work! thank you very much for sharing! 🙂

Thanks guys for the detailed comments there. Yep, a classic side-scroller was the source, and that's what I was shooting for in the pic's design. Alisia's still one of my fave characters (and yes, her outfit's a bit on the wild side...then again even on the JP-version packaging they have several variations on it) and she really wants to go in there...revenge and all. 😉

For the hell of it, attached is a screengrab of the scene I illustrated from in-game.

Attachments

• Alisia Dragoon004.jpg
    Alisia Dragoon004.jpg
    351.3 KB · Views: 16
Thanks guys for the detailed comments there. Yep, a classic side-scroller was the source, and that's what I was shooting for in the pic's design. Alisia's still one of my fave characters (and yes, her outfit's a bit on the wild side...then again even on the JP-version packaging they have several variations on it) and she really wants to go in there...revenge and all. 😉

For the hell of it, attached is a screengrab of the scene I illustrated from in-game.

Ah ok. Looks like I was wrong on the not wanting to go in there part😛 That is a really great picture, and looking at that screen grab, I do have to say you did a great job of capturing the feel of it. Amazing job:super_hap

What's New

9/20/2024
Clips4Sale offers the most tickling clips in one place on the entire web.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back