• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Bandito and Lotus' "Bounce Chix: Origins"

Dave2112

Level of Cherry Feather
Ok, I finally got around to reading this masterpiece in its entirety and immediately knew I did not want to simply post something into a thread that's already several pages long...to get lost among the others. I rarely get this worked up over a tickling project, and felt the need to say something separate from the rest.

To say this is an amazing piece of work is to belittle the word "amazing". This is transcendent. Too much? Hardly. What Bandito has managed to do here is walk a fine line between two competing forces in fetish literature. (Yes, I said it.) We've talked before, twice on my own radio show in fact, about tickling fiction that "doesn't take itself too seriously", but my friend...you have balanced that with the Peter Jackson approach of "taking the source material seriously." A contradiction? No. Not at all. A balance.

The descriptives, the pace, the explanations and setting do not take themselves too seriously. "Origins" doesn't ask you to change your life or your awareness of things around you or seek Nirvana or anything. It asks you to enjoy this tale of sci-fi tickle action.

BUT...

"Origins" takes the genre seriously enough that it makes no excuses. There's no Gorean explanation of what "this world" is like and what's acceptable. It doesn't fight to make you suspend your disbelief...and it doesn't insult the intelligence of the reader by overly justifying everything that's this fantastic.

Perfect balance.

The writing itself? Superb. Now, to be honest, there was a point early on when I'd considered saying something about the judicious use of adjectives and simile, how there are parts that border on reading like a film-noir detective story. But once into this, I realized that it HAS to be written this way, given the point-of-view of the storyteller and how it's being presented. One of the most genius things a writer can do is to make full use of a writing style that feels comfortable and justify its use...without having to do much to even justify it. To work it in and make it fully and easily plausible. My personal favorite line in the whole book, speaking strictly as a writer? "Even the wind held its breath and prayed it would be passed over, unnoticed..." I have to admit to a certain professional jealousy that I didn't come up with this line. And it's one of many gems in this piece.

I cared about these characters...and in several radio interviews I've granted, I've spoken of the massive importance of not only creating memorable and care-worthy characters...but of the writer caring about the people in the story. There is not one doubt to anyone who reads this that Bandito loves these creations. Loud and clear, my friend.

Speaking of which...there was a certain scene which I am dying to discuss, but can't in detail without giving away a major plot point. However, I can speak of its effect on me as a reader. I was so engrossed in the action (and I don't mean the tickling action, I mean the story itself as I was dragged along its flowing path) that it hit me like a 50 pound Otter Pop upside the heart. I found myself moved, with a literal tear escaping my eye as I sat here going "No...I did not just read that in a tickling e-novel. I read that in a mainstream social/sci-fi novel and I'm just remembering it now....it can't be here."

But it was. And it made the book.

This is not a story about tickling. This is a story about discovery, about adventure, about teamwork, intrigue and love. It just happens to have tickling in it.

Ok, the tickling. No repetitive "HAHAHAHAHEEEHEHE" here. This is descriptive I myself can be proud of. (Remembering a comment of your own on one of my stories, regarding descriptives, bro!) There's a LOT of fetishy-type action in this, but you don't get tired of it. Each example, every scene, exists for a reason. I remember Irving Kirschner, director of The Empire Strikes Back, talking about the lightsaber fights and how they needed to tell their own story, like a dance or an opera. These tickling scenes do just that. Each one tells a different, very personal story.

But is it HAWT?!? Fuck yeah. In spades. This is hyper-psycho-sexual erotica at its very finest. Very best. And the accompanying artwork only adds to the effect. Dropped in at just the right places, like well-placed pre-orgasmic tickles themselves, these are the very best works of Bandito and White Lotus. I mentioned it before, but it bears repeating. Much has been made of the somewhat different look of the girls, but it's done what few artists can or have. Evolution without replacement. Lotus' coloring work is tangible, like you can (and want to!) reach out and touch it, feeling the soft skin, the shiny leather, the smooth metal and fluffy implements.

There's a lot of "tech" in this...but it also manages to border between the cool and "Ok, too much tech-talk". And what kills me, as a student of physics and someone who actually understands relativity, space-time and quantum mechanics and theory...is that a lot of it is actually pretty plausibly accurate. I'll have to pick your brain, bro....find out where you got it from. Probably your own geek-chic Chik, huh? 😉 The sci-fi geek in me loved these parts as entertainment, and respected them as interesting (possible) reality.

Ok, I'm gonna have to stop now. I could go on forever dissecting this. Just the fact that I can dissect it in a literary sense amazes and thrills me. I'm writing this on the night before Bandito appears on my radio show to talk about fetish writing with our panel of authors, and I find myself scrambling to make sure my notes contain everything I want to know about the creation of "Bounce Chix: Origins".

Much has been made of the value of electronic e-novels. Do yourself a favor. Don't listen to naysayers. Treat yourself, even if only this once. BC:O is so completely worth it. I'll admit it...many times an e-novel doesn't interest me. The last one I can remember really loving (besides Bandito and Lotus' own Bounce of Aces) was Poli-Tickle Prisoner by Tarr2k. So, I'm not simply saying this to support another writer and friend...because I've read a lot of e-novels since PTP, many by personal friends. It's been that long since I felt something emotional from a fetish novella. And to read one based on the unlikey exploits of three comic-book characters? That's an achievement in itself. I know that guys like you and I don't think too much on titles and things like that, but I'll say it anyway. If you weren't a legend yet, you are now.

Simply the best, and I mean that.

On second thought, I may have to do more than check it out...

I'm on the cusp of starting to write my first tickling novella. I've been researching and plotting it out for some time, and I'm almost ready to start the actual process. This is my most ambitious undertaking to date. I want to take what Dave wrote in his review and incorporate it into my story. This is what I hope to shoot for.

Dave, where can I find your radio interviews? I want to hear what you've said.

I want this to be as good as I can make it.

I'll dig up the links for ya. Plus, I'm reacheable by PM (mostly on Tickle Theater, I don't come here much, so I might miss it) and am more than happy to help other writers out as best I can. Drop me a line, I'll give ya my email addy.

Dave,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a comprehensive and flattering review.

Bandito and White Lotus truly deserve all of the praise you and others have been giving them. Bounce Chix Origins I is one hell of a fun ride and I can’t recommend it highly enough.

Thanks again!

Jim
MTJpub.com

Like I said elsewhere, it's wholly deserved. The flattery wasn't intended as such for its own sake. Thanks to you as well, Jim, for hosting such a talent. Such was actually mentioned during Deet's appearance on WCR last night. You've done a lot to bring real talent out of the shadows.

And, if anyone wants to listen to Bandito talk about this amazing piece of work and fetish writing in general, here's a link to the archived episode. Deet was exquisitely insightful on a show about fetish writing as a whole, on a show featuring deeper topics than tickling, and easily making it fit right in. The more we feature and support true talent and forget about the specific sub-genres, the more people of all walks of kink can enjoy good erotica and accept it as legitimate literature, which it is.

El Linko: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/Dave2112/2009/07/10/Wild-Card-Radio-Fetish-Fiction-and-Writers

Dave:

Thank you so much for the incredible review. As a long time fan of both your incredible writing and your amazing art work...your feedback means a great deal to me. It was awesome to have a chance to chat about fetish fiction on WCR the other night, and even more so...your input on the things I can do to improve my writing was very much appreciated and will be taken very much to heart. As we've discussed many times...I would love to get better, and there's always so very much to learn.

It's probably impossible for me to really do justice to such a review, so I will not blabber endlessly. But please accept my thanks once again.

The Bounce Chix simply would not be what they are today without the incredible support of artists like yourself, and Scavenger, and so many others...and without the help of such great peeps like Jim at MTJ, and this entire community.

I continue to do work for the tickling community, because of how much I truly love it...and because of all of the many friends who continue to encourage and inspire.

Thanks Dave. And thank you everyone.

More to come,

The Deeto

Dave & Bandito,

I just wanted to let you guys know that I linked to the show on the main page on MTJpub.com for fans who might have missed the show. I plan on also adding a list to Bandito's product page of previous shows as well.

Jim
MTJpub.com

Thanks Jim! I think that's a great idea. Bandito's been a great guest on our show several times now, and each appearance is fresh, with new and insightful things to discuss. If you need links to the others, let me know if you don't already have them.

What's New

9/18/2024
If you need to report a post, the report button is on the lower left of it.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back