• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Baseball Trade Deadline Deals

I'd say this deal's been won by both sides.

The Angels have their best chance at winning it all since acquiring Vladdy, so a rental player may be a good investment. They haven't been able to figure out the Red Sox in the post-season and this year may be their best chance at doing so. Boston's rotation has more holes in it then it's had in years. The White Sox just aren't good enough to win it this year, and the Wild Card team (Rays or Yankees) would be far inferior to the Angels. Teixera could be the final piece of the puzzle.

From Atlanta's perspective, they're acquiring a player who, as a 25 year old, will only get better. His numbers aren't that different from Teixera's, except in the power department, which is an area that has been steadily increasing for him, and he was considered a potential power hitter when he was drafted.

Teixera .283 AVG 27 2B 20 HR 78 RBI

Kotchman .287 AVG 24 2B 12 HR 54 RBI

I agree with most everything you said. Except numbers between Kotchman and Tex. Kotchman is a good young player that should get better. Tex is a GREAT young player who is just now hitting his prime years. He is by far the best defensive first baseman in baseball. His numbers in the second half of seasons over the years will rival any premier hitter in baseball

I am thinking The Braves wish they hadn`t given up the farm system to the Rangers only to get back Kotchman and the pitcher

unconfirmed but some rumors are that farnsworth to tigers for pudge

I agree with most everything you said. Except numbers between Kotchman and Tex. Kotchman is a good young player that should get better. Tex is a GREAT young player who is just now hitting his prime years. He is by far the best defensive first baseman in baseball. His numbers in the second half of seasons over the years will rival any premier hitter in baseball

I agree that Kotchman will never be as good as Teixera, but considering the situation Atlanta was in, this was a better deal then I would have thought they'd get in return for Teixera.

Teixera is a great defensive player, but certainly not the best defensive first baseman. And Kotchman is strong defensively in his own right.

In the 157 games Teixera played with the Braves, only Ryan Howard had more RBI's during that span.

Pudge!!!

I am so pissed off. I mean, who in God's name is stupid enough to trade Pudge (TO THE YANKEES) for Kyle Farnsworth? Kyle !@#$%^& Farnsworth! I know Pudge is old and in the final year of his contract, but still this is BS. He's still hitting better than all other Yankee C's combined. And you know he can 'catch fire' in the playoffs and give them the boost they need.

Absolute garbage. Not only are the Yankees evil, but the Tigers F-ing stupid. Why not trade Magglio to the Sox for Mike Timlin? F-ing Tigers.

I agree that Kotchman will never be as good as Teixera, but considering the situation Atlanta was in, this was a better deal then I would have thought they'd get in return for Teixera.

Teixera is a great defensive player, but certainly not the best defensive first baseman. And Kotchman is strong defensively in his own right.

In the 157 games Teixera played with the Braves, only Ryan Howard had more RBI's during that span.

It was the Braves call

They would have received two late round #1 picks for losing a type A free agent

Junior to the White Sox... Why?

They have Dye, Swisher and Quentin in the outfield. If you're thinking they can make him DH, they have Konerko and Thome who play 1B/DH. If you're thinking they'll put Konerko at another position, they have Ramirez/Uribe at 2nd, Cabrera at Short, Crede at 3rd, and Pierzynski behind the plate.

If you think Griffey just became the league's highest paid pinch-hitter, you're right.

They have Dye, Swisher and Quentin in the outfield. If you're thinking they can make him DH, they have Konerko and Thome who play 1B/DH. If you're thinking they'll put Konerko at another position, they have Ramirez/Uribe at 2nd, Cabrera at Short, Crede at 3rd, and Pierzynski behind the plate.

If you think Griffey just became the league's highest paid pinch-hitter, you're right.

Perhaps they have another deal in place? Otherwise, it is definitely a head-scratcher.

Griffey will play CF
swisher at 1b

konerko retires mid season : pray:

swisher has been adamant that he wants to stay at first and hits better at 1b and konerko's baldspot has finally infected his brain

Wow, I didn't realize Konerko was having such a bad year until I looked it up. Dude has fallen off the map. 'Course, I heard he's been hurt, too.

Wow, I didn't realize Konerko was having such a bad year until I looked it up. Dude has fallen off the map. 'Course, I heard he's been hurt, too.

He has had thumb\back issues and was on the dl in june

But, i can count atleast 3-4 games that were lost due to his lack of hitting

Hell, sox hammered 22 hits on the rangers and lost the game by one run, every sox player got 1-2 hits, except konerko who went 0-5 including runners on 2nd and 3rd for the 3rd out caught looking

It will be interesting to see how the White Sox use Griffey. One would guess that both Swisher and Konerko lose the most playing time. I keep thinking that there could be another deal in the works.

As Goodieluver stated, word is Chi-Sox fans have been crying for Konerko's head for weeks. Looks like Konerko hits the pine, Quentin, Dye and Griffey will occupy the outfield, with Swisher moving to first.

Apparently a trade which would send Jason Bay to Tampa Bay deal might have been submitted before the 4pm deadline.

I'm rooting for Tampa. It's nice to see a team that has traditionally been such a doormat finally have good success. An outfield on Crawford/Upton/Bay would be scary talented. A trade like this could bring serious young talent to Pittsburgh as well.

Of course, this is assuming that the rumored 3-way trade between Boston, Florida and Pittsburgh doesn't happen. "Manny Watch" is in full effect yet again. Don't you just love the soap opera? 🙄

Jon Heyman of SI.com has reported that Manny Ramirez has been traded to the Los Angeles Dodgers before the 4pm trade deadline. No word on who is going back the other way, but reportedly Matt Kemp is involved in the deal.

Jason Bay is involved in the Manny deal, and is headed to Boston.

The official trade is:

Dodgers receive Manny Ramirez from the Boston Red Sox

Red Sox receive Jason Bay from the Pittsburgh Pirates

Pirates receive 3B Andy LaRoche and RP Bryan Morris from the Los Angeles Dodgers, and RP Craig Hansen and OF Brandon Moss from the Boston Red Sox.

Manny's contract has been amended to no longer inclunde th $20 million club options for 2009 and 2010, so he will be UFA at the end of this year. Additionally, the Red Sox will pay the $7 million remaining on Ramirez's contract.

Good move for the Bucs, bad for the Sox, sideways for LA.

We're getting closer and closer to a Halo's-Cubs WS.

I'm shocked. The Red Sox didn't want this to happen. If you look at Manny's comments over the last 48-72 hours, he made this trade a must for the Red Sox.

Angels get Tex , Boston Loses Manny, Yanks get Pudge....big Doin`s in the American League.

Good move for the Bucs, bad for the Sox, sideways for LA.

You've got that completely backwards. The Dodgers got the best of this deal, then the Red Sox, with the Pirates the losers.

The Dodgers didn't give away anyone off their 25-man roster, and added one of the best hitters in baseball (Yes, he still is). They just bought the NL West for... Wait, they aren't even paying him! Not only did they get the Red Sox to pay Manny, but got them to add in 2 of the prospects going to Pittsburgh. Highway robbery!

You may think the Pirates got a better end of the deal then the Red Sox, but look at it this way: The Red Sox no longer had Manny Ramirez. He was as good as gone, and I don't mean at the end of the season, I mean right now. In his mind, his season was over. So they replace that vacant position with a perennial All Star in Bay. Paying Manny means nothing to them, and Hansen and Moss for Bay is a good deal in my books.

The Pirates got Hansen, Moss, LaRoche and Morris. Consider that Hansen and Moss will be second-tier ML starters at best, and that Morris will never play for the big club, and you're left with LaRoche, who is the unquestioned pick of the litter for the Pirates. That group of guys for Jason Bay... I wouldn't have flipped that trade if I was GM of a team trying to win.

What's New

9/26/2024
The TMF Chatroom is always busy and its free1
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back