• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Best Ending?

Canadian Ninja1

TMF Expert
What would you say has the best ending for a book, TV show, movie, what have you? It can really be anything, as long as the ending is rather good in you opinion.

For me, I'm probably biased in that I just beat it, but I would say that Xenosaga Episode III: Also sprach Zarathustra was one of the best endings I've seen in ages. Just how everything over a span of three games and roughly twenty hours of pure story was so intricately put together and tied up neatly right at the end was just beautiful. I recommend it to anyone.

WARNING: ENDING SPOILERS FOR SAID GAME. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.
About the only thing I felt that detracted from the game was the lack of explaining how Wilhelm existed much like chaos. Aside from that, I felt that the beginning of the ending was incredibly well done. None of the deaths seemed thrown in to draw emotion. There were so many intertwining reasons that had been built up throughout the series to culminate in that moment. Destroying-but-not-destroying KOS-MOS was a good idea in the rare event that Xenosaga Episode IV should ever be considered. While after the escape from Michtam was a little iffy, reloading the data and reading the updates in the database brought it from good to awesome. Mainly things that were implied that were explained or just went under your radar.
END SPOILER

Anyone else?

Best ending of a book: The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Dame Agatha Christie. In mystery novels, it's in the top ten of all endings, but I think her surprise ending on this one is the best ever!

Most of Agatha Chrisites work would count as having great endings. My favourite is Ten Little Indians.

And for those who have seen it, the film Oldboy has a fantastic (and disturbing!) ending. Well worth a watch.

the best ending ever is the ending to minesweeper

the face gets sunglasses

Attachments

• deepdeep.gif
    deepdeep.gif
    14.8 KB · Views: 11
not sure the best ending but the ending that bob newhart came up with for his newhart show was a classic and also the ending to the legendary gunslinger dark tower series by Stephen king was good as well.

Time Bandits.

"Mum, dad, don't touch it, it's evil!"

*BOOM*

heh.

The best ending? hmmmm...oh I know.

"The best ending is the one that ends you".

Movies: Secret Window and Identity

Books: Dark Tower and IT

T.V. : M*A*S*H* and That 70's Show

Sports: 2006 ALCS Game 4

the hollywood brother remembers a tv show called sledgehammer where in the end the bumbling hero set off a nuke

What's New

9/22/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday Eve at 11PM EDT.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back