• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Billy Mays (The Oxi Clean Guy) Dies At 50

JimBoy

TMF Regular
Nationally known TV ad pitchman Billy Mays, 50, was found dead this morning in his Tampa home, the Tampa Police Department reported.

Mays was found unresponsive by his wife and the Tampa Fire Rescue pronounced him dead at 7:45 a.m., the report said.

There were no signs of forced entry to the residence and no foul play is suspected, police said.

The Medical Examiner's Office is expected to complete the autopsy by Monday afternoon.

"Although Billy lived a public life, we don't anticipate making any public statements over the next couple of days," Mays' wife Deborah said in a statement the police released.

"Our family asks that you respect our privacy during these difficult times."

Mays rose to for promoting OxyClean, Orange Glo, Kaboom and other household products like the Mighty Putty glue.

In April, he launched a new reality series, "Pitchmen," on the Discovery Channel to show viewers new gadgets such as the Impact Gel shoe insert; the Tool Band-it, a magnetized armband that holds tools while you work; and the Soft Buns portable seat cushion.

Mays was on U.S. Airways Flight 1241 when it blew its front tires as it landed Saturday, forcing the airport to shut down the busy north-south runway, according to authorities.

Stay with TBO.com for updates.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/ju...lly-mays-found-dead-tampa-home/news-breaking/

Why are there so many deaths all of a sudden...and many so young..fifty being young to me..

that's what I was thinking.50 is way to young to die.Maybe it's all of the latest illnesses going around and stress with the recession.

His insane rants about cleaning products will be deeply missed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tyct9l-fD8

What the fuck man? Seriously? Ed McMahon, David Carradine, Farrah Fawcett, Michael Jackson, and now Billy Mays!? Seriously!? Just another addition to my "reasons not to believe in an invisible sky daddy" list. Billy Mays was a cool dude. I mean just watch that video!

So many deaths of familiar faces in such a short period of time. It's so sad. 🙁

I couldn't believe it when I heard it... especially with so many deaths prior to his...

I loved watching pitchmen on discovery channel too...

*sigh*

I sure am gonna miss...

"Hi! Billy Mays here....!"

🙁

pitchmen is a favortie show of the hollywood brother. billy was a very talented man and what amazed the hollywood brother is that his products are good and are tested. this is a big loss and it will bei nteresting to see what the cause is. the hollywood brother thoughts and prayers go out to all his friends, family and fans

Been a hell of a week. I believe that when fate has your number it's time to go, but I'm not all comfortable with Fate doing a bulk deal thing like it's done here. While Ed McMahon was indeed old enough to pass on and Farrah was fighting cancer, they did not deserve to go so soon. Now both Michael Jackson and Billy Mays pass on at 50...makes you wonder how they're all doing up there in that waiting room in the sky, getting processed for the Great Beyond. I'm sure Ed McMahon will line back up with Johnny Carson and have Farrah guest star on the show with Michael Jackson as the musical guest. During the intermisson, Billy Mays could be pitching new products to the angels.

Hell of a week. Here's hoping the next is a bit brighter.

I think I can make a very educated guess on how he died. He told reporters after his plane had landed that it was a rough landing that caused things to fall from the upper storage areas and that he had hit his head on the ceiling above him. Later that night he told his wife that he wasn't feeling well.

My and MDJ's guesses are that when he hit his head, he started to bleed internally there, developled a subdural hematoma (pooling of blood inside the area where the brain is). The bleeding there can cause pressure on the brain, and, if not controlled, can lead to death.

I think I can make a very educated guess on how he died. He told reporters after his plane had landed that it was a rough landing that caused things to fall from the upper storage areas and that he had hit his head on the ceiling above him. Later that night he told his wife that he wasn't feeling well.

My and MDJ's guesses are that when he hit his head, he started to bleed internally there, developled a subdural hematoma (pooling of blood inside the area where the brain is). The bleeding there can cause pressure on the brain, and, if not controlled, can lead to death.

It's a possibility but he should have had some pretty bad symptoms that would lead him to call 911 and go to the hospital.It would also have to be a very hard hit to the head.

Hit on head + nausea and/or dizziness = get to the ER, sooner instead of later.

Mr. Mays' situation sounds a lot like what happened to this guy.

It's a possibility but he should have had some pretty bad symptoms that would lead him to call 911 and go to the hospital.It would also have to be a very hard hit to the head.

It all depends on how fast the bleeding is. There are some cases where the patient didn't feel symptoms or collapse until WEEKS later.

Ah Natasha Richardson also had hit her head..and didn't feel bad enough to go to the ER...head injuries can be sneaky...

Turns out that he died from heart failure. Hypertensive heart disease. I knew he had too much energy...

Turns out that he died from heart failure. Hypertensive heart disease. I knew he had too much energy...

yes and he didn't take care of his high blood pressure..after hearing the news, i went in and took my damn high blood pressure med, even though it gives me a dry, hacking cough...

You should *always* take your BP meds, and please see the doctor about the hacking cough -- you may need a different medication.

More info on side effects here: http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=593

thanks Mistress Valerie..the funny thing..or ironic..is i never had high blood pressure before in my life, in fact it remained stubbornly normal through out most of my crises...it was after i turned fifty that it began creeping up..thank you Dad lol...sighs..

thanks Mistress Valerie..the funny thing..or ironic..is i never had high blood pressure before in my life, in fact it remained stubbornly normal through out most of my crises...it was after i turned fifty that it began creeping up..thank you Dad lol...sighs..

Just monitor it Izzy every day a few times a day check it.

Most people will eventually get high blood pressure if they live long enough. I was unlucky enough to have developed it at age 30 🙁

he was very loud, and i never understood why he had to shout about his products...

What's New

9/19/2024
The TMF Archives hold colections of our communities creators work, take a look!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back