• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Book Stores...

Slaver123

TMF Master
Just read yet another "Top Ten" list that has "Book Store" in the top 5 places to meet women. Well I've been going to book stores for aeons and it's never worked for me.

I'm into Sci-Fi, History, Music, politics, science, religion/spirituality, monster movies...are all my interests really such awful 'girl-repellants'? Are women really so boring that they're not even into Sci-Fi or politics? I find that very hard to believe... (especially since the few Sci-Fi conventions I've attended were full of women- about 50%, and they weren't just humoring their boyfriends by being there)

I dunno, I usually go to a book store to buy books, not meet women. But ey, sounds like a grand place to meet someone. 🙂

As for the whole 'are these girl repellants'? thing - Not really, I know many girls who like those things, it really just varies from person to person.

I have heard this too. It is not so much just going to the bookstore and buying books which is going to help 'make the connection'. It is more getting into the scene there. Attending the community events which they host. If there is a coffee bar there - spending an hour or so just kicking back and reading over lunch.

My local Barnes and Noble is always packed. A good portion of them are your college age gals who are just about into everything. They do run the spectrum though. If I were looking that is where I would be.

The great thing about a bookstore which is better than a bar is the maturity level of people that you are going to find. And yes, I am totally slamming you bar hoppers out there. :stickout

This whole 'bookstore scene' push has been happening for a long time. However, in recent years there has been an actual strategic push to make this point known. They are doing it to help keep themselves relevant against increasing competition from Amazon.com and other e-retailers. The bar scene is exactly what they are emulating - sans alcohol. I think that this is a great idea.

Last edited:
Just read yet another "Top Ten" list that has "Book Store" in the top 5 places to meet women. Well I've been going to book stores for aeons and it's never worked for me.

I'm into Sci-Fi, History, Music, politics, science, religion/spirituality, monster movies...are all my interests really such awful 'girl-repellants'? Are women really so boring that they're not even into Sci-Fi or politics? I find that very hard to believe... (especially since the few Sci-Fi conventions I've attended were full of women- about 50%, and they weren't just humoring their boyfriends by being there)

I think your approach is pretty douche bag worthiness. Why don't you ask them what they're interested in.

WTF happened to this forum? There used to be nice people here... This used to be the nicest place on the Internet, now I get idiotic /insulting replies to a sincere post (at least they're not ALL idiotic replies) Wonderful...

Last edited:
I don't know. Standing around and waiting for someone to walk up to you is likely going to get you a whole sack of fail.

Let's assume some chick is there to "meet guys" or whatever and not to... Oh I don't know, buy a book or something fucking insane like that. Is she going to...

1) Seek out someone who has the most attractive combination of appearance and personality

OR

2) Talk to the wallflower who by keeping to himself is telegraphing that he wants to be left alone

My money is on #2, guy.

Also, I think that the "bookstore" that they refer to is never going to be something with high vaulted ceilings and a goddamn coffee shop. It's going to be that musty little place down on the side-street with aisles barely wide enough to get your shoulders through.

This isn't something you're going to have success with at the damn Books-A-Million or whatever the current megastore du jour is.

Last edited:
I barely ever see many people at my book store and even then no one has ever struck up a conversation with me there.

You can meet women just about anywhere. If you're interested in books - and the things you are reading about - then a book store isn't a bad place to start. Passion can be very attractive in a person. But if you're the guy, I hate to say it but in most situations - almost all - you are going have to do the work. That means saying 'hello', asking what they are interested in, and all that other work of getting to know a woman and doing those things that turn them on.

And to do that you might have to work on your attitude a little. If for some reason you don't like women or are bitter about them, you're going to turn them off. If you need an example, just look back up at Bella's comment.

I think Bella mis-construed my (poorly-worded) comment. I don't think women are boring or dull- but I'm constantly led to believe they are. Friends assure me that no woman could possibly be interested in anything that interests me- the point has really been hammered home ad nauseum by pop culture too...but I know better from firsthand experience.

Look how quick people are to throw around terms like "bitter" or "Poor attitude" at me- I get this all the time online and in person because I have real passion! But in this day and age passion is consistently seen as something negative or aberrant. They say Romance is dead, but "Romantic" means so much more than flowers or novels with Fabio on the cover, and it's sorely lacking in peoples' lives...

Last edited:
Passion is frequently looked down upon in this nicey-nice, policed playground world of ours. And that's entirely wrong, you're right about that. People should be passionate, but where you're coming off wrongly is the sharp, barbed shape of your passion.

If a person marches on city hall, clearly states his intentions, and fights doggedly to get what he wants, that's to be commended. Still, it's hardly romantic. Now, if a guy is clearly passionate about living life to its fullest, does exciting and fun things, and wants to share that? That guy's got excellent odds at not going home alone. What I'm at is that passion isn't a catch-all attribute.

What's New

9/24/2024
Clips4Sale is where to be for the webs largest fetish clip selection!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back