• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

can best friends date?

jimmy224

TMF Poster
simple question. well, not to me anyway 😕 lol, well can they? i think itd get kind of weird. so i have a new best friend, and i only met her a year ago. we eat by each other, i spend as much time with her between classes, etc. and im always asking others if they know where she is if im not with her. which makes them think that we should go out, and theyve been saying that for awhile now and ive considered it. idk, any experiences? i guess it could work?

Simple answer, yes, but you risk the relationship and friendship. If you ask her out, and she turns you down, the friendship is most likely over. It just be weird at that point. If you end up dating and later break up, the friendship and relationship is most likely over.

Trust me, I am speaking from personal exp here... DON'T DO IT. It will ruin everything. If you cherish the friendship, don't even consider it.

I can say on one occation it worked for me..we went together for a little while, broke up and 10 yrs later, we're still in contact and got the friendship. For the most part id say yes, cause all succesful relationships build on friendship first. ones that go from meeting and then all of a sudden your an item dont last too long or arnt happy and right and your both miserable deep down, cause your getting to know each other while in the relationship cause of physical attraction..the #1 reason for so many break ups and issues in relationships these days. If you already have a very tight friendship, and you just ask her..it wont kill it. even if she says yes and then it doesnt work for whatever reason...if you've been that close and tight long enough...it'll need some time away from each other..but in the end the friendship will always be there 🙂

..dr phil part 2 has spoken lol lol good luck with whatever you decide..thats my take on it.

THAT'S A BUNCH OF CRAP!!! Im sorry, but I don't believe in the "A relationship will destroy our friendship..." excuse. That's all it is....A excuse. IF a friendship is destroyed over the in and outs of a romantic relationship. Well then..it wasnt the relationship that was wrong...it was the friendship that was.

Either you never really knew the person or you wanted them to be more of a friend to you then you were to them.

Example. " I may not be the kind of guy/girl you are looking for but I will help you find the guy/girl that is." Then you are a real friend and love that person as much as you say you do.

Bottom line. If a relationship destroys a friendship..well it wasn't much a friendship to start with.

THAT'S A BUNCH OF CRAP!!! Im sorry, but I don't believe in the "A relationship will destroy our friendship..." excuse. That's all it is....A excuse. IF a friendship is destroyed over the in and outs of a romantic relationship. Well then..it wasnt the relationship that was wrong...it was the friendship that was.

I have to agree with Ticklerguy4u on this there is no reason it should destory a friendship.

Depends on the people involved....I knew someone who was very good friends with a guy back in high school. They lost touch, got reacquainted two decades later, and are now very happily married.

My wife's last boyfriend was previously her best friend. It was someone she had a very high comfort level with. Eventually, she grew tired of his shiftlessness, his drunkenness, and his other shortcomings (OMG, a Freudian!!!!!! 😛), and the engagement ended.

About four months into our relationship, I spent Saturday morning at my then girlfriend's condo. Just after finishing lunch (and before heading off to work), the phone rang. Surprise! It was her last boyfriend. "How did you get my number?" "I found it on the internet." Some small talk. "So," he asked, "like, what have you been up to?" "Well, what have I been up to? Would you like to speak to him? He's right here."

Sometimes you go fishing and don't catch anything...and then, there are times when the pole malfunctions.
Here's one: Before I met the Miz, I had tried a fling with a woman at my job, after my last relationship ended. I was in a relationship with her behind my then girlfriend's back, no excuses, a stupid thing to do, really. The woman really, really liked me. However, she wasn't good relationship material. After I met the Miz, I took stock of the woman's positives, and made her a good friend of OURS...we'd go places, do things. In the long run, it didn't work out. The Miz thought she was nuts, and having known her for quite a while, I was willing to concede that. However, she had a great sense of humor, and I hated losing that...

Like I said, it depends on the participants involved.

my husband wasn't my best friend when we began dating, but quickly became my best friend..so i would say yes..you can date your best friend..

I married my best friend. Ideally, that should be the case all around. A couple should be best friends with one another. Can you be best/close friends with someone without a romantic involvement? Sure. I have a few close friends who are very dear to me. I love them every bit as much as I love Drew...just not in the same way. I've also had romantic interest in various guys over the years for whom I really didn't feel that deep a friendship. So, while I think they can both exist without the other...and often do...I think they last longer when they're both present.

Let's talk about what's really important, here. Are you sexually attracted to her? If not, then best to leave it as just a friendship.

jimmy224 said:
simple question. well, not to me anyway 😕 lol, well can they? i think itd get kind of weird. so i have a new best friend, and i only met her a year ago. we eat by each other, i spend as much time with her between classes, etc. and im always asking others if they know where she is if im not with her. which makes them think that we should go out, and theyve been saying that for awhile now and ive considered it. idk, any experiences? i guess it could work?

MMMMMM… friendship between a man and a woman is a slippery surface at best. So first make up your mind about if you would like to hunt her or not.
Then avoid a date, a date is a ritual to get down a woman towards who, you have “bad intentions” :devil2: so avoid it.
Do what friends do, and friends do not court each other with dates, they do not try to win the other. In a friendship you are yourself, simple and natural and if the other does not like it so be it, you will be only acquaintances.
If both of you like to do something like let say flying or swimming so is natural to do it together sometimes. Friends enjoy each other and that’s it; never should or have to do something because they are friends.
Now if I could bet, I will put 50 dollars double or nothing you like her.

One more thing, in friendship, it does not matter if she is ugly like hell.

wow, thanks for the advice everyone.

ticklerguy4u, i absolutely agree that it cant be a good excuse most of the time. i do think it would be a little awkward if the relationship didnt work. but i cant imagine that the friendship would be completely over if it didnt work out.

and like knox said, it depends on the ppl. i think for now, we'll just be friends. i want to be friends with her for a little longer. i think i want to get to know her a little better now. but i think after awhile, ill try asking her if i still want to. who knows? thanks everyone!

let's look at it like this:
i dated CS2K for well over a year...broke up...stayed friends...then later gave it another go. after another break up, i wasn't going to go for round three, but we still stayed friends and still tickled the hell outta each other. after i hit some hard times, i stayed with her for awhile...then, as luck would have it, i realized i was still madly in love with her.
things can happen that will knock you for a loop. take this as you will, but if you feel you should date this girl...do it. life is an adventure...sometimes ya gotta throw caution to the wind and go for it.

Love can happen anywhere with anyone, if you feel that the person is right for you, go ahead.

Kust

Yes they can. now if any ladies on the TMF want to test this theory out, lets become friends! :woot:

What's New

9/26/2024
The TMF Chatroom is always busy and its free1
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back