• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Chain Size for Tickle Bondage

WickedTouch

TMF Poster
Note: This is a bit of a technical question, but accounts of real world practical experience is as welcome as engineering backed advice.

I'm interested in buying some chain to use in non-suspension bondage. Specifically, I want 316 stainless. I am fairly familiar with chain for…non-human…applications, but am having trouble knowing how small of link rod diameter I can get away with. I much prefer the asthetic and feel of 3/16" over 1/4", but is that practical with the dynamic loads put on it with a fairly strong individual? I know the static working load limits are typically around 800 and 1,400 lbs for 3/16" and 1/4" respectively, and their typical breaking load is around 4,200 and 6200 lbs.

Again, my use case is not suspension. One length of chain per cuffed limb is the intended application. It's the sudden jerking or thrashing that has me concerned about wear on the chain over time. My concern is less of a safety concern due to how I'm using it, and more of a cost concern given that stainless chain is not cheap!

I'd appreciate any constructive input. Thank you!

It sounds like your main concern is that someone you restrain my break the chain or wear it down over time...Then go with the larger size for strength fn durability. Although, unless you are putting the chain to daily use, I can't believe the chain would wear enough to be a problem.
I think ratcheting straps are a better way to go, and the noise of the ratchet sounds like the old-time rack found in a dungeon,,,if yu like the effects on the psyche of your lee as they are

Yeah, your assumption is correct. I agree that ratcheting straps are very practical in many cases–I'm just looking to add to my collection and have gotten into the aesthetic, texture, and sound of chain lately. Unless they come with manufacturing defects, I wouldn't expect either size to break initially, but I'm having a hard time understanding what to expect if I'm flirting with the 3/16 working load limit over time. In an engineering context, the answer is just don't do that as a generous safety measure. But in practice, I'm wondering if it is likely to hold up.

Also, I may not use it everyday, but it will likely be used often! 😀

still,,, the average woman I cant see is going to wear it down...and not even the average guy unless they are just huge and strong! one nice thing is ....if you keep notes...you can become a testimonial for the chain manufacturer if yu can prove it holds up over long period of intense stress. the load whiny have someone strapped down spread eagle is not gonna be as high as if they were pulling like a tug of war...the Lee has no 'leverage' , just their body weight on the bed or even suspended...pulling with yur arm extended is tough to generate strength .. I suppose if yu just have to gauge it. set it up in real life and use a free hanging scale hooked to the end of the chain to see the # pounds pulled....

still,,, the average woman I cant see is going to wear it down...and not even the average guy unless they are just huge and strong! one nice thing is ....if you keep notes...you can become a testimonial for the chain manufacturer if yu can prove it holds up over long period of intense stress. the load whiny have someone strapped down spread eagle is not gonna be as high as if they were pulling like a tug of war...the Lee has no 'leverage' , just their body weight on the bed or even suspended...pulling with yur arm extended is tough to generate strength .. I suppose if yu just have to gauge it. set it up in real life and use a free hanging scale hooked to the end of the chain to see the # pounds pulled....
You make an excellent point regarding the extended limb. Dynamic load has been my biggest concern, and I don't think most people realize how much difference it can be from a static load, but when I really think about it,most of my scenarios for usage are as you said. The amount of acceleration from those positions and extremely short distances make me much more comfortable. I'll probably end up going with 3/16" when I acquire some. Thanks for reflecting on it with me

Door 44 Productions
What's New

10/7/2024
Visit Clips4Salee for more tickling clips then you can imagine!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back