• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

comedy

Weedly

TMF Expert
Just a random thread idea

who else has taste for good standup comedy? Just out of curiosity, what are your favorite comics. There is no limit on how many names one can give

Mine are: Carlos Mencia, Russell Peters, Robin Williams, the Blue Collar boys; jeff, bill, ron, and larry. and eddie murphy

Oh, my kinda thread. 😀

My favourites are:

Billy Connolly
Bill Bailey
Peter Kay

And I also like:

Dylan Moran
Ardal O'Hanlon
Chris Rock
Ricky Gervais

Actually there are tons more but I've gone a bit blanker than usual.

Senshi said:
Oh, my kinda thread. 😀

My favourites are:

Billy Connolly
Bill Bailey
Peter Kay

And I also like:

Dylan Moran
Ardal O'Hanlon
Chris Rock
Ricky Gervais

Actually there are tons more but I've gone a bit blanker than usual.

You have good taste!lol.My top 3 are the same as yours.But who is Chris Rock?
I also like Brendan Grace...he's an irish stand up comedian,but really funny.Kinda like an irish version of Peter Kay.

I like all of Otakuwarrior's, except I don't remember Russel Peters.
(Robin Williams on Bravo's "Inside the Actor's Studio" was classic.)
(Larry's "Politically Correct Little Red Riding Hood"= "Vertically Challanged American Indian Riding Hood" also classic.)

Don't recognize any of Senshi's, except Chris Rock.
Maybe I saw them and forgot names.

Also: Lewis Black, Jim Norton, Greg Giraldo, Jimmy Carr, The Amazing Johnathan, many more but can't remember names.

Well, call me unoriginal but BLUE COLLAR COMEDY BABY!!! wOOt!!!!!!

Pablo Francisco
Brian Regan
Jim Gaffigan
Dane Cook

Big names:
Jerry Seinfeld
Chis Rock
Eddie Murphy

There's a bunch of others I'm forgetting off the top of my head.

I'm kinda old school. Don't like dirty stuff or profanity in my comedy, since it's what pro's usually use when they can;t get a laugh any other way. Brenner, Letterman, and Leno in their old days were great. My old favorites were people like Jerry Clower, Bill Cosby, Rich Little, etc. Not that off color humor is bad, it jsut seems that's ALL comics do these days. Ever since Richard Pryor and George Carlin let the profanity fly, no one seems to want to do anything else....

Hey, I've NEVER heard Jeff Foxworthy curse. I love that man! ^_^

The Second Best Way To Make People Laugh

Rodney Dangerfeild, Jonathan Winters, Robin Williams, George Carlin, The "unknown" Comic From The Gong Show. Btw, Did You Hear About The Hooters Airplane That Had To Make An Emergency Landing? It Came In On A Wing And A 'pair'. (rimshot)

TKLVR18 said:
Well, call me unoriginal but BLUE COLLAR COMEDY BABY!!! wOOt!!!!!!
Heck yeah! Just add in Jerry Seinfeld and Jon Stewart to that mix and you're all set 😀

Here are some of mine

Emo Phillips

Tim Wilson

Craig Shoemaker-he does a great imitation of Don Knotts

Auggie Smith

Kevin Pollack

Drew Hastings

Larry Reeb-sick world happy guy

oh, and lets not forget Chris Farley! that fat guy livin in a van down by the river

"...the possum came back to life and bit his nipple off. Did not bite it, bit it off, o-f-f bit it off"

TKLVR18 said:
"...the possum came back to life and bit his nipple off. Did not bite it, bit it off, o-f-f bit it off"
It was a beaver, not a possum. That was followed up with "That has to be the only time you can use 'beaver' and 'nipple' in the same sentence and nobody would be offended!"

Sockstickler said:
It was a beaver, not a possum. That was followed up with "That has to be the only time you can use 'beaver' and 'nipple' in the same sentence and nobody would be offended!"

Yea, just wondering who'd (figuring it'd probably be you anyway) catch that 😎

That has to be my favorite comedy routine of ALL TIME!!

Besides, of couse, the "Here's your sign!"

Wow, I'm glad to be reminded of all those great ones. Enjoyed the film with Dustin Hoffman playing Lenny Bruce. I have the "In a van down by the river" sketch in a QT file. I collect comedy bits from TV, then eventually make a DVD of my favorites.
I'll add:
Mark Twain (from Hal Holbrook's Mark Twain Tonight.)
Guy in picture below. Have clip on disk, don't know his name.

Attachments

• comedianx2.jpg
    comedianx2.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 9
well weel well it seems we got a good thread here that the hollywood brother likes. Now The hollywood brother has spent some times thinking of all the posts on this thread and realised that a few all time greats were left out. The Legendary hollywood brother love the current comics of today like Jay Leno, Don Irma, George Carlin, Jim Belushi, Jerry Seinfeld, Rita Rudner, and many others but the hollywood brother is a man who believes in paying tribute where tribute is due. So with this hollywood brother insight in mind here is a few more names off all tiem great comics that will make you laugh as if you are being tickled for hours by the one and only hollywood brother:

Lucille Ball
Milton Berle
George Burns
The Marx Brothers
The Three Stooges
Laurel and Hardy
Abbot and Costello
Bob Hope
Red Skelton
Sid Ceasar
Redd Foxx
Jackie Gleason
Art Carnie

if the hollywood brother left anyone out, then the hollywood brother apolizes

OMG I can't believe I forgot the Stooges! Luv em HWB!😀

yeah I remember the stooges, how many other people got famous for slapping each other? they definitly deserve a place of honor in this thread (which is turning out better than i imagined)

lets face it, the stooges make the hollywood brother laugh more than someone tickling the hollywood brother

😵. That's a purty bold admonition to make in THIS forum, buddy. Someone might try to call you out on it LOL

But yea, they're hysterical

"I can't see I can't see!"
"Why can't you see?"
"I got my eyes closed!"
CURLY, MOE CURLY RESPECTIVELY

What's New

9/21/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome forum and take a second to say hello to us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back