• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Commercials suck

la84me

TMF Poster
Ever watch late night commercials where they put the worst actors on and try to demonstraight a product. "Is your dessert so boring its left your family snoring." Who gives a damn. If your family falls asleep because of the shit you make, don't make. Buy some other shit someone else maked. I never once look at my mother's dessert and found myself the next morning face down on the table. OMG and there's the one about the women who tries to cut some kind of fabric and then she groans and gives up. I don't care who your are but if you can cut fabric or anything for that matter, your scissor is dull or you are very retarted.
I just hate stupid people and bad actors. It make our society look bad. "We spell cheese, K R A F T!" So what kind of school did you go to? Cause you can only spell cheese one way.

only the commercials for the superbowl are usually pretty good..although i liked the chevy commercial introducing the ssr and the reebok terry tate commercials..commercials do suck tho

Agreed. It's advertising directed at stupid people...but, well...look at the kind of shows that are on TV, and it shouldn't be too hard to figure out why.

Shitty adverts are one of my personal bug-bears. If anyone else from England reads this, I only have to say "Jamie Oliver" and "Sainsbury's" to illustrate what I mean.

Crapola! :sigh:

maverick83 said:
Agreed. It's advertising directed at stupid people...but, well...look at the kind of shows that are on TV, and it shouldn't be too hard to figure out why.
And, might I add, that the world, and especially the US, is full of those stupid (a more politically correct phrase would be ill informed or ignorant) people.

When a company wants to advertise a product, they have a certain demographic that they are hoping will see their commercial and buy the product. I think they call it the "target market".

I would love to get a gig as an "As seen on TV" actor.

They basically tell you to be as stupid as you can, to screw up as horribly as you possibly can. And the pay is, I hear, not terrible considering what they ask from you is complete failure.

I'm a bit neutral about commercial. On account that some are bad and some can be pretty good sometimes. True that some tend to show how bad the acting can be, or how picture that are black & White show something bad like ruined meal of bland dress (If you ask me, I think of it as some people that seem to be bad at something may be better at it then they appear--but I guess that only help one to look stupid maybe). But on the bright side, I bet there are some that are trying to make life easier for the people, those that don't want money.

Another thing about commercial, in my book, if it's funny, then it's part of the comedy, regardless of what invention they've been making to make life go smoother and perhaps faster.

Well, not all commercials are bad. There was one where a Florida porch dealership owner is advertising his dealership which is then promptly CONSUMED by a sink hole as the man is FILMING THE COMMERCIAL! His reaction when he turns around is something that is both equal parts tragic and incredibly hilarious! Unfortunately I still cannot a clip of it on Youtube which is kinda understandable as it happened in the 1980's.

Guess them Old Spice commercials weren't on back in 2004 when they had shitty adds. Or the new ones for Chevy where it rained frogs haha Jaguar has had a few goodies. Being a NASCAR fan, Nextel had few that were pretty good. But, as a night worker I dont watch TV after b/c of the "TO MUCH STUFF, NOT ENUFF SPACE?" nonsense!

I have long wished that there were some sort of Adblock Plus for television (although I know that it would be unsustainable in the real world).

What's New

9/20/2024
Clips4Sale offers the most tickling clips in one place on the entire web.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back