• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Cosplay Weapons

If you go to a Chinatown area of a major city, some places will have authentic (albeit dulled) weapons at very good prices. I picked up a cane that turned into a sword for $25. Note that some weapons (shurikens, for example) are illegal in North America.

Failing that, eBay, cutlery websites, pawn shops and good, ol' fashioned papier mache. 🙂

Snail Shell

kh-sephiroth-a.jpg

Is it just me, or is Sephiroth... ...compensating?

He's compensating for being an enormous faget.

There are a few people on devianTart that make nice cosplay crud. Armour and stuff. And weapons too. Might be worth having a word with them if you want something special, otherwise good old Google will have what you're looking for.

I just used real weapons whenever I've cosplayed in the past; unless you plan on carrying a sword around out of it's scabbard, it'll have to be peace tied anyway at most cons. That said, they're easy to find on the internet, there are several reputable sites that sell weapons, both low priced or (if you're looking to spend more) very well made.
http://www.weaponmasters.com/shopping/home.html
I got the wakizashi I used to cosplay Ichimaru Gin from Bleach on this site.
Also, I'd reccomend against trying cosplay Sephiroth. It's damn near impossible unless you're a professional and you put a lot of money into it.

Unrelated, Mister Scruff, I love the Slaanesh symbol in your sig. 😀

Be careful about getting a "real" sword for a convention. Some have rules against "live steel" that covers a sheathed weapon, dulled or not. According to the 2009 SDCC FAQ,
• Costumes with weapons
No functional weapons are allowed at Comic-Con International.

Simulated or costume weapons are allowed as a part of your costume subject to prior approval by security and compliance with the following:
A real sword is great for cosplay outside of a con, but inside you're not likely to be allowed to carry it. Just a note that might help the choice.

What's New

9/21/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome forum and take a second to say hello to us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back