• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

could doctors be the best ticklers?

TicklingIsLife

3rd Level Orange Feather
I mean think about it, they know the body real well...
Is anybody a doctor? 😛
Has anyone asked a doctor about tickling? 😉 🙂

No,

I think that we are the best ticklers. Yes, that's right... ticklephiles.

Reasons:

1. It's a subject near and dear to our hearts.
2. We spend a LOT of time studying it.
3. We have a lot of experience in it!

So, what does a DR. have???

It is not doctors

Most doctors do their best NOT to tickle there patients. There have been many medical papers writen on how to best examine a patient without tickling them. But sometimes they can't help it when it comes to the hyper ticklish.

The real question is, would one of us ever be able to become a certified doctor of tickling? Do they offer degrees in that field? Should we petition the AMA about this? 😛

Actually, doctors don't really touch their patients that much, compared to..... massage therapists! I think massage therapists are the best ticklers, with much relevant knowledge of the body (muscles, tendons, ligaments, etc) and lots of hands-on experience with all that. Yup, massage therapists rule at tickling.

Can anyone guess my profession?😀

I'm inclined to think that doctors are no more skilled at tickling than people in general. For one thing, it has been my personal expereince that my doctor is not especially good in avoiding tickling since he has tickled me accidently many tmes over the years that I have been his patient. On the occasion of one accidental tickle, I ask him how common it was for his patients to be ticklish during physical exams. He sees primarily male patients. He said about thirty percent were and that about ten percent were so ticklish that he could not give the total exam. I was one of the ten percent. But my point is that I think that expert ticklers would probably be better at not tickling than my doctor is because they are more aware and experienced in the kinds of touches that tickle. I agree with another reply to your post that massage therapists are probably better ticklers since I have found them to be more successful at avoiding accidental tickling (although not completely successful in my case) than my doctor and they engage in a whole lot more hands on activity that a doctor does.

Yeah,

I have had problems getting physicals in the past. Especially when you have to lay stretched out on your back while the Doc. checks you stomach and chest with their hands. I squirm so much, my Doc. makes fun of me!!!

Besides the manual exams of the stomach and the chest, the the manual exams for circulation in the feet, swollen glands under the arms and where the doc puts his hand when he asks you to cough can cause ticklish reactions too. If my doc made fun of me, I think I would change docs. He says he is a "little ticklish" himself and that I am "really ticklsh." So I feel lucky he is pretty understanding.

As for what profession makes the best tickler...

This is going to sound strange, but I'm going to put in my vote for anthropologist! 🙂 My boyfriend is one (a physical anthropologist, not the kind who digs up artifacts) and not only does he have a pretty decent working knowledge of the body and where it's sensitive... (he's a martial artist too, which makes it EVIL when he starts playing gently with pressure points) ...but he also has to know a good bit about the human mind and behavior, so he has the psychological aspect down too...all leading to a very...eventful experience. 🙂

~Calliope

I think we missing two professions who might potentially the best ticklers: podiatrists and pedicurists. I hav never been to either one, but I would imagine with their knowledge of the foot they would make vicious ticklers.

That's a good point about pedicurists and podiatrists. I have had experience with the latter. Podiatric exams have tickled me. In particular, the reflex test of scraping the soles and manual examination of the toes have tickled. Podiatrists have got to have very good first hand experience of foot tickling.

How about Shoe Stores?

Anybody posting to these boards work in a womens shoe store?

I've often wondered if the owners of these places would even take a chance on hiring someone like us.

😎

yes, we docs make very good ticklers indeed. I could write a book about the illiac crest area alone.

gig1965 said:
yes, we docs make very good ticklers indeed. I could write a book about the illiac crest area alone.

not to mention the inquinal ligament, the quadriceps, and the anterior inferior iliac spine!!
Ah, the sheer POWER of anatomical knowledge! AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

you gotta wanna

dr. don't make any better a tickler than the garbage man.
but take a dr. who is also a ticklphile, and you have a magic combination! this would apply to nurses, and massage therapists too.
steve

tklr5150 said:
The real question is, would one of us ever be able to become a certified doctor of tickling? Do they offer degrees in that field? Should we petition the AMA about this? 😛

If so, can I be the first to enroll? 😛 😉 😀

Actually....

I was recently tickled (deliberately) by my doctor. I had to see him for a follow-up visit from some minor surgery. I'd pulled the knot to the stitches loose last weekend when we were playing. When I told him how I'd done it, he asked if I liked tickling. Of course, I couldn't THINK of fibbing about it! His response was to grin and say, "So, you like this...and this...and this?", poking me in the side with each 'this'. Though the stitches were loose and there was some swelling underneath, everything else was fine. So, he removed the stitches and told me no tickle fights until it was done healing. I have a feeling he knew it wasn't an order I'd follow! 😛

Ann

Door 44 Productions
What's New

9/25/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome forum, and take a moment to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back