• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Define Yourself In The World Of Harry Potter

BigJim1

TMF Expert
Here’s one of those “define yourself by answering questions” threads, but with a twist, framed as it is as if you were part of the “Potterverse”.

Many of us have read these books, hopefully many of us will have read all seven by now. Certainly it will help you answer to the fullest if you’ve read all seven, but not having done so doesn’t bar you from taking part here. That’s why question number one asks which ones you’ve read: it gives a frame of reference, because the universe opens up and broadens further the more you have.

So here are the questions and my answers will follow in a separate post. Feel free to explain your answers to give some perspective.  Even the last question, which asks for opinions on the teachers, is there to speak about the answerer, because your reactions to them show your personality traits.

1/ Which books in the series have you read?
2/ Which character/s in the books do you feel you are most like?
3/ What form would your patronus take?
4/ If you were an animagus, what form would you take?
5/ If you bought a wand from Ollivander’s, what would it be made of, what would its core be and how long would it be?
6/ What house do you think you would be in at Hogwarts?
7/ Many wizards and witches had “signature” spells: Voldemort had avada kedavra; Bellatrix Lestrange had the Cruciatus Curse; Snape had the Cutting Curse, sectumsempra; Harry has the disarming expelliarmus charm. What would your signature spell be?
8/ What would your favourite lesson at Hogwarts be?
9/ What do you think of the various teachers at Hogwarts and the way they behave in the books and which one would’ve been your favourite?

All seven.

Neville Longbottom and Luna Lovegood.

A fully-grown, male lion. That reflects parts of my personality in the same way that my choice of favourite superhero does.

Brown Bear. Ditto the above answer. It suits me perfectly. My animagus form and patronus could easily swap places, although I prefer them this way.

5/ If you bought a wand from Ollivander’s, what would it be made of, what would its core be and how long would it be?
Hmmm… Holly, fifteen inches and phoenix feather. Holly is a very protective and enchanting wood and this reflects the depths of my personality that are strongest, although quite deeply hidden. I almost said unicorn hair for the core, as that would strike ma as having a feminine (not effeminate) side to my personality, but the phoenix feather reflects my spiritual beliefs quite well.

Hufflepuff, I can say without much doubt. I can imagine being sorted there at eleven and being really disappointed about it, thinking that the Sorting Hat was saying I was a stupid coward. (I don’t have any traits to tie me to Slytherin that I’m aware of). But around fourteen or fifteen realising that I’m neither stupid nor cowardly, being both intelligent enough for Ravenclaw and brave enough for Gryffindor. My underlying industriousness and loyalty to friends being my predominate characteristics.

7/ Many wizards and witches had “signature” spells: Voldemort had avada kedavra; Bellatrix Lestrange had the Cruciatus Curse; Snape had the Cutting Curse, sectumsempra; Harry has the disarming expelliarmus charm. What would your signature spell be?
Apart from rictusempra? :devil: Probably rictusempra actually. I could see myself using that one way into adulthood and not just for the obvious reasons. My whole personality is shaped to appreciate that spell. If I went Dark, it would be the Cruciatus Curse.

Potions, most likely. I had a great fascination for sciences at school and potions strike me as being quite similar in manner.

9/ What do you think of the various teachers at Hogwarts and the way they behave in the books and which one would’ve been your favourite?
I think Dumbledore was a fucking awful headmaster! Knowledgeable and learned in magic certainly, but he let people like Snape do unbelievably despicable things to vulnerable kids like Neville because of some funny idea about it being good for him. Tit.

Hagrid is a mostly awful teacher who should’ve stayed a gamekeeper. I do think he’s improved a fair amount with time though.

McGonagall is probably the best one. Learned and a good instructor, but has a softer and helpful side when the occasion calls for it.

Snape was just a cretin as a teacher. Undoubtedly the books have proved him brave beyond almost compare and certainly he was an excellent wizard, but he was a turd who retained his teenage angst for too long and took it out on eleven year olds without mercy.

1. Which books in the series have you read?

All seven

2. Which character/s in the books do you feel you are most like?

Harry

3. What form would your patronus take?

A Phoenix

4. If you were an animagus, what form would you take?

a Phoenix

5. If you bought a wand from Ollivander’s, what would it be made of, what would its core be and how long would it be?

Length I dunno...11inches It would be made out of Oak and phoenix feathers

6. What house do you think you would be in at Hogwarts?

Gryffindor

7. Many wizards and witches had “signature” spells: Voldemort had avada kedavra; Bellatrix Lestrange had the Cruciatus Curse; Snape had the Cutting Curse, sectumsempra; Harry has the disarming expelliarmus charm. What would your signature spell be?

Rictusempra- the tickling curse 😀

8. What would your favourite lesson at Hogwarts be?

Care of Magical Creatures

9. What do you think of the various teachers at Hogwarts and the way they behave in the books and which one would’ve been your favourite?

I love McGonagal and how she took nothing from no one despite their position. Would love to have been taught by her.

None but I held one in my hand in a store. I did see the movies. Yes I know, I know. I'll get around to it.

I guess Ron. I'm usually one of the gang, sometimes the subject of the joke, sometimes the joker. We have the same sense of humor, mentality.

The Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland.

Fox, most definitely.

It would be made of yew and 14 inches long.

Ravenclaw, I like the name.

Rictusempra :ayyy: either that or the The Knights of the Round.

Alchemy.

Snape, he may be a prick, but he knows what he's doing. He'd be most likely to teach you something useful.

Last edited:
1. Which books in the series have you read?
-- All Seven.

2. Which character/s in the books do you feel you are most like?
-- Hermione

3. What form would your patronus take?
-- An Eagle, or a Whale

4. If you were an animagus, what form would you take?
-- A bird of some kind... Most likely an Eagle.

5. If you bought a wand from Ollivander’s, what would it be made of, what would its core be and how long would it be?
-- 10" long, made from Willow, with a Unicorn hair core.

6. What house do you think you would be in at Hogwarts?
-- Ravenclaw... No question.

7. Many wizards and witches had “signature” spells: Voldemort had avada kedavra; Bellatrix Lestrange had the Cruciatus Curse; Snape had the Cutting Curse, sectumsempra; Harry has the disarming expelliarmus charm. What would your signature spell be?
-- Probably the Patronus Charm... Although Levitation's always good. 😛

8. What would your favourite lesson at Hogwarts be?
-- Transfiguration.

9. What do you think of the various teachers at Hogwarts and the way they behave in the books and which one would’ve been your favourite?
-- Flitwick. He's one of those "tough love" kinds of people. He'll be your best friend as long as you're doing what you're told. I like the fact that he's kind, yet firm, at the same time.

six. getting the seventh.
Severus Snape or Lord Voldemort easy.
A huge, legless black dragon.
A raven, because ravens are ominous, yet intelligent.
5/ If you bought a wand from Ollivander’s, what would it be made of, what
would its core be and how long would it be?
Pine, dragon heartstring, and15 inches.
Slytherin, easy. I have the traits of all the houses, but I'd most likely be in slytherin, because I will crush others in the process of attaining my goal, even my friends.
Anapneo, the charm that clears airways.
Defense against the Dark Arts
Snape would be my favorite, he was calm, cool and collective all through the books, and then, wham! Right there he is a villain. can you believe it?

Ummmmm...

Knights of the Round wasn't in the Potterverse and nor were Alchemy lessons.

Potionmaking then, no need to be picky. 🙄

And yes... I am aware that Knights of the Round is not in the Potterverse. I meant to say Meteor. 😉

It's a joke... Jeez this is a tough crowd.

Snape would be my favorite, he was calm, cool and collective all through the books, and then, wham! Right there he is a villain. can you believe it?

I can quite smugly say, that I never believed it. I was always convinced he and Dumbledore had planned it, although I had never realised Dumbledore might have already been dying. I thought they did it just to protect Draco Malfoy.

Potionmaking then, no need to be picky. 🙄

And yes... I am aware that Knights of the Round is not in the Potterverse. I meant to say Meteor. 😉

It's a joke... Jeez this is a tough crowd.

Personally I loved it when Harry swapped his wand for the Apocolyse Sword. :super_hap

Nah, not tough. Just a nerd beyond belief. 😉

What's New

9/24/2024
Clips4Sale is where to be for the webs largest fetish clip selection!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back