• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Dexter Knight scares artists + Prepublishing Nightmares!

alwayssilver

TMF Expert
lol. Well this is interesting isn't it? My title I mean. Well I shouldn't say my character scares anyone, or it does, I don't know. But for some reason no one seems to want to do him. Well except for the girl I hired. LoL let me explain. When I first started a thread on DA about getting a character illustration done I had several (nearly fifteen) artists interested in the job and I narrowed that search down to seven (heck I even got people who were interested in the job after I told them I hired someone already and wasn't looking) Well out of those seven I made them all think they were getting hired, but didn't tell them about each other. Well I sent them a description of Dexter Knight and only one person came back wanting the job. I really don't know what would be so complicated about the character, but yep only one person wasn't scared away. lol. Ah well.

Anyways about that nightmare I keep having. It's while I'm awake too. It's reoccurring. Every time I ask for help with a book cover or character illustration I get one artist that not only wants a ridiculous price for a cover, but royalties to boot! You know I don't mind the royalties bit but I look at that like a partner. If someone wants to invest in my ideas, or draw a free cover for me and expect a reasonable amount per sale than I'd understand and consider it, but to expect payment for a job and also royalties is ridiculous. If I pay for something than I shouldn't have to give more out just to keep using something not only did I come up with, but paid to have done. Am I the only one who sees that? I doubt it. lol.

When I was looking for an artist for Devils and Angels I got one guy who wanted $400 for one picture, plus royalties, plus his name in my book, plus a link to his website. Thankfully I went with someone else.

400 dollars? what does this guy's pictures look like? his shit better smell like roses if it's that much

lol that's the thing isn't it? Your not buying perfection. I don't see how the guy could stay in buisness. The girl who's drawing for me is charging me $120 and with that I can use the pic anyway I want. I can put it on toilet paper if I wanted to. With this guy it was only for the book and he wanted royalties.

What's New

9/22/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday Eve at 11PM EDT.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back