• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Do You Think Voting For The Elections Will Ever Make Its Way To Internet Voting?

JimBoy

TMF Regular
Do you see it happening sometime in the future or do you think it never will happen; no matter how advanced technology gets over the years?

I could see it happening, however a method needs to be developed first so that the data cannot be manipulated. So I'd say right now it's improbable, but not impossible. I really hope that voting does go online. It will make it so much easier.

Both of the major commercial end-user platforms (Apple and Windows) have hardware and software components that are part of what's called the Trusted Computing initiative. The most obvious way these facilities are made obvious to the user is with the FileVault feature on Mac OS X and BitLocker in Windows Vista Ultimate. A completely protected, hardware-controlled data path exists within both platforms. These facilities are open to third parties. It's how DVD player software plays back protected content on discs. It's how Windows Vista keeps your data safe from malware. That's just a tip of the iceberg.

All that's needed is for this to be used for voting. A protected data path from the user to the recording device.

It's not that hard, really. It would just take a modicum of effort, which is what the gov't doesn't want to put forward.

I also hope that it happens, but in view of incresingly stringent personal ID requirements at the polls, I am not sure that the government would actually want to make it easier to vote.

Come to think of it, I'm surprised this hasn't already been implemented.

I hope it doesn't; too many things could go wrong >_<

~K

Yeah, there's too many factors that could be exploited. Hackers for one- say what you will, but I guarantee if voting goes online, they'll find a way to manipulate it.

All kinds of technical glitches I can't even think of are a possibility as well.

Although.. I think the result would just be delayed voting because of this - if somebody hacked into the system and messed things up or even made a subtle change, I'm sure it would get detected.

Last edited:
Yeah, all we need is some wild-extreme blogger (from EITHER side of the aisle) to get into hacker mode, skew the files and fraudulently throw the election.

Plus, last year the Dem's were claiming voting machine fraud last time as soon as the polls were opened. Can you imagine the clamor if it went web? No way, this is one area that the web would NOT improve...

no because it would be to non-secure and people could hack into the systems and mess with the numbers and they would find other ways to (how do I say this) make it a non-fair election....cheat ( that's kind of the word I was looking for),they would find a way to cheat.Like voting more then once.Or underage kids would vote.Which honestly,if you like 13 you should be able to vote.

What's New

9/21/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome forum and take a second to say hello to us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back