• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

does anybody here feel like that can't relate to Teens anymore?

RottingLies

TMF Regular
What i mean by that. Is do you feel like you can relate to them in a sense of fashion wise music wise talk and speech etc...? or do you feel like your just not meant to related to them anymore because of your ''age'' (what ever age you may be)

I kinda feel that way at times like i can't related to them anymore. But then again i'm still young enough where i can still relate and fit in with them in some way or ways!

you know?

I'm 31 and feel a bit "old" for my age. Although I don't share much with teens in the way of popular music, TV, and fashion tastes, I get along extremely well with many 18-20 year olds from here as well as other forums 🙂

I can't. I'm an old-school headbanger from the early 90's. around my time, there was metal and grunge. That was what we listened to. These days it's all about rap. I laugh about this though. A few days ago, I was talking to some teens who were discussing rap music. though, I'm not going to repeat the whole conversation, I can tell you that it ended with the obligatory "all that rap stuff sounds the same." Needless to say, when I finished the conversation, I realised that I had just become my parents. 😀

The really nice part is you're not really supposed to relate to teens in the first place

Teens (especially today) are hyperactive melodramatic presumptuous fools (in general) who don't know what they're talking about but like to speak up in classrooms on issues they think they have it down (unlike me of course)

Plus that means your tastes are just maturing and that means dating older women yo

oriyaborealis said:
The really nice part is you're not really supposed to relate to teens in the first place

Teens (especially today) are hyperactive melodramatic presumptuous fools (in general) who don't know what they're talking about but like to speak up in classrooms on issues they think they have it down (unlike me of course)

Plus that means your tastes are just maturing and that means dating older women yo

Actually, you've just described every teen that's ever existed in every generation that has passed. 😀

Man, this is a bogus question for me. Even when I was a teenager I could not relate to teenagers (or just my generation in general). I have always gotten along much better with people who were older than me. I didn't even get most of the grunge thing. I've always been mostly a metalhead who kind of did his own thing. Of course I'm 25 now and sound like an old man "Damn kids and their rap music or Damn Frat-boy rock". Now, this might bother me, but I felt exactly the same way when I was 16. The only reason I can possibly think of for this is this: I love and respect integrity, maturity, intelligence, and beauty. For the most part, I did not observe any of these things coming out of my generation. Yes, I know...I'm odd.

Same here, alchemy. I always was sorta proud of the fact that I never related to anyone my own age growing up.

oriyaborealis said:

That's BS (simply not true 🙂 )

I'm 18, now and in the last.. let's say 5 years I've never been a "hyperactive melodramatic presumptuous fool". And many others aren't or weren't too.

And just FYI I never liked Rap or Hip Hop 😛

Please note that I'm talking about germany tho, not the US 🙂 maybe your "teens" are different from the teens here.

I wasn't being literal in what I was saying, because it's hard to delineate stuff like that without going into a longwinded approach

cay said:
I'm 18, now and in the last.. let's say 5 years I've never been a "hyperactive melodramatic presumptuous fool". And many others aren't or weren't too.

Perception versus reality my friend, perception versus reality.

As for the answer to the original question, I usually relate to people who don't relate to others very easily. As for an age gap....if I'm at a bar filled with 19 year olds, I'll definitely feel a little out-of-place. Ah, the joys of being 25....

- tf

oriyaborealis said:
I wasn't being literal in what I was saying, because it's hard to delineate stuff like that without going into a longwinded approach

true, i didn't mean to sound rude or anything too.

Perception versus reality my friend, perception versus reality

Well, i can't proof it to you so let's just say that I'm right okay? XD 😉

I'm 18 and I have never really liked most of the people my age. I can hardly think of anyone that I went to highschool with that I think highly of. From my experience, it just seems like teenagers in general aren't very nice people, and they don't seem to have very strong moral values. In terms of music I can sortof get along with some people, but heavy metal and classical are by far my favorite genres, and it seems like the people who like those are very few and farbetween. Well, where I live anyways. And I totally just don't understand the big thing about rap. I mean, its almost like its not even music. Just some guy talking fast to a little five second tune repeating over and over again. No offense to anyone out there who likes rap, of course =P.

i just left teen to adult(21 now, soon to be 22) and i didnt relate nor wanted to realate to the mainstream teen populace, i went my own way with my own friends and just did that. I can relate with the lingo and how they dress, point is i dont want to, i already discriminate anyone under the age of 11

I do feel this way sometimes, in this question the thread is asking.

But its more of an exchange I think. We don't really lose anything, we just exchange one way of being for another but always remain fully capable of bringing that side of ourselves back at will for any given situation provided of course we are not inhibited by age or health.

I think the key is in balance of lifestyle as you get older and mature. Age, position, or career need not dicate what we can and cannot do.

The moment you feel you're too old to have the same kind of fun or do the same kind of things is the moment you've allowed the youth in you to die.

In truth, you are only as dettached from the rest of your peers, be they younger or older, as you allow yourself to be.

What's New

9/26/2024
The TMF Chatroom is always busy and its free1
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back