• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Does the Hand you write with make you more or less moral?

Journia

3rd Level Blue Feather
Okay, I've been thinking about this subject for some time now, and I figure I had better let this half baked, hare brained idea out into the world to thrive or shrivel.

I have a little idea concerning morality and side dominance; the side that a person's body uses most. My idea is this: Certain moral laws were made specifically for people who use a certain side, for instance, right handed individuals.

Follow me on this now...

A bit less than ten percent of the planet is Left Handed. I think, like Nine. So, the rest of them are people who either use their right hand or are right side dominant.

This can mean a lot when you look back into history. Especially at philosophies on moral conduct, such as in religions. For instance, when God told the prophets to tell the people what god wanted them to do, was God referring to right handed people, since there are more right handed people on earth, thereby necessitating that many of the right handed people needed to get back into the moral stasis that was necessary for a better existence overall?

Because of that thought, it got me to thinking, what if left dominant people, because their minds are wired in reverse, and thereby saw the world differently, have a different set of moral rulse that they need to follow. Or if by virtue of their birth the rules set down for the bulk of the world, does not apply because of the possibility that they already are in that state to begin with.

I also just found a flaw in my idea, but I still want to know what you all think of this.

This can mean a lot when you look back into history. Especially at philosophies on moral conduct, such as in religions. For instance, when God told the prophets to tell the people what god wanted them to do, was God referring to right handed people, since there are more right handed people on earth, thereby necessitating that many of the right handed people needed to get back into the moral stasis that was necessary for a better existence overall?
I've never heard / being told about such things before. Does it mean that the right handed persons are the chosen ones? :huh

For additional information regarding the religious view:
I live in a country which majority of its people are Muslims. Once, my Muslim friend told me that using left hand to do activities (writing, eating, etc) is a sin.
When I asked him the reason, he only told me that it had been written on his bible and he had been taught that way. And of course, there's no way I could agree with him since I'm an ambidextrous, and I do some things equally good, or even better with my left hand / left side.

Some people also came up with more common idea: NORMALLY, we use our left hand to do “dirty” things like cleaning up certain area after you’ve relieved yourself. Thus, if we use our left hand to do something else, we make ourselves / other people get “dirty” as well. Most parents in my country often use this as a reason whenever their children asked them why they weren't allowed to use their left hand to do something.

A bit less than ten percent of the planet is Left Handed. I think, like Nine. So, the rest of them are people who either use their right hand or are right side dominant.
If we associate it with moral / religious matter, doesn’t it mean that most people who commit a crime / sin is the right handed ones? Which means, if we look at it from another point of view, the right handed ones’ moral aren't any better than the left handed ones.

Because of that thought, it got me to thinking, what if left dominant people, because their minds are wired in reverse, and thereby saw the world differently, have a different set of moral rulse that they need to follow. Or if by virtue of their birth the rules set down for the bulk of the world, does not apply because of the possibility that they already are in that state to begin with.
There are countries that pretty strict about right hand rules, but some countries don’t really mind about it (my teacher once told me that one of them is Japan), which is pretty convenient(?) since you’re allowed to use your dominant side freely.
But of course, no matter how strict the rules are, there's always an exception.
For example: people are allowed to use their left hand for a normal activities (writing, etc) but if they’re about to give / take something from another people, they have to at least use their right hand.
Personally, I only do those things when it comes to a formal occasions or dealing with elders. For a less formal occasions or dealing with someone around my age / younger, I do it only when they really mind it. And so do the other people around me.

I also just found a flaw in my idea, but I still want to know what you all think of this.
I think I do agree; other people might have a different opinion from another perspective. But well, this is a discussion board after all, and I think this topic is the good one to be brought on 🙂.
About the left handed people, I regard them as people with unique characteristic since they can do what “normal” people can’t and maybe vice versa, and of course, I find nothing’s wrong with it 🙂.

One synonym for "left" is "Sinister". (cue music: theme from any Alfred Hitchcock movie).

And according to Yahoo, the following US presidents are left-handers (make of it what you will):

# James A. Garfield
# Herbert Hoover
# Harry S. Truman
# Gerald Ford
# Ronald Reagan
# George Bush
# Bill Clinton

First off, (generally) left-handers are SMARTER! Woohoo! XD XD
As a fellow left-hander, I think we're more intelligent, being less than %10 of the population - I heard closer to 8% but, that's just semantics. I think that, though a left-handed person's brain is wired the complete opposite of a right-handed's one, we still do all the same actions, and perform all the same functions as our cerebral counterparts. I believe left-handed people are seen as more 'creative', as our dominant hand resides in the side of the brain that is normally more creatively-geared, than the right-handed residing in the more 'logical/reason' side. (Also note, it's past 4AM as I'm writing this up, so it may all be switched around in reality, and I just might be talking a load of bunk. :smilielol5: Don't think so now but, as with everyone, take advice with a grain of salt. [Especially over the internet!])

(Interesting irrelevant piece of knowledge I picked up from my neuropsychotherapist, left-handed people have a... 70% chance of their speech factors being on the opposite side of the brain, and a 30% chance of their speech centers being evenly distributed amongst both hemispheres of their brain, I think... :huh)

Another asinine little tidbit, the reason left-handed people are considered 'sinister' and evil is because in old times, the handshake was originally created because, like was mentioned, just SO many people are right handed, when you shake with your right hand that is also a guarantee that you won't be stabbed, the person's dominant hand being held by your dominant hand. But with left-handed people, they could easily shake your hand, smiling away as they stabbed you in the back with their strong hand. (This being equally applicable for ambidextrous people as well, any person that has dominant/equal use of their left hand as their right).

I think that, though a left-handed person's brain is wired the complete opposite of a right-handed's one, we still do all the same actions, and perform all the same functions as our cerebral counterparts. I believe left-handed people are seen as more 'creative', as our dominant hand resides in the side of the brain that is normally more creatively-geared, than the right-handed residing in the more 'logical/reason' side.

That is correct... our mines are cross wired... the left brain controls the right hand side and vice versa for the right brain... 🙂

What's New

9/26/2024
The TMF Chatroom is always busy and its free1
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back