• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Dollhouse

jts963

1st Level Yellow Feather
Is anybody else watching this series? I think it rocks. :cool

Isn't that by the director of Firefly?
Joss Whedon created the series Firefly and he did direct some episodes. He also wrote and directed Serenity, the movie based on Firefly. And of course he created the fantasy series Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel.

Dollhouse is science fiction, not far future like Firefly but near future like My Own Worst Enemy. Eliza Dushku ("True Lies", "Buffy", "Angel" and "Tru Calling") is the main star and there's also a minor role by Amy Acker ("Angel").

Mmm

Guess I'll have to check it out. I saw the commercials, and was like... that's Eliza Dushku from The New Guy. 😀

Attachments

• new_guy.jpg
    new_guy.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 16
this has potential to be a amazing series. the hollywood brother likes it alot and can't wait for them to program echo to be ticklish! also the hollywood brother loves the level of action and the whole concept of the show. if the episodes keep the pace and excitment that last week's did then the hollywood brother will be a fan for many years to come

Love the series so far. I like Echo's character, always good to see a strong and sexy female lead character. The premise definitely lends itself to some wonderful tickle fantasy inspired concepts. That most obvious fact aside, I think it's a great series.

It's great to hear from fellow fans. 🙂

So far my main question is: Why would Alpha let Echo survive his slaughter-filled escape from the Dollhouse but then later get a psychopath to try to kill her during her last mission? I'm more suspicious of the head of security, who strongly dislikes her for no good reason. It was his job to keep psychopaths off the clientele list.

the hollywood brother got to wonder if alpha did have the hunter guy try to kill her or not? also why did alpha go postal so to speak and is the idea of a dollhouse morally evil or wrong?

the hollywood brother got to wonder if alpha did have the hunter guy try to kill her or not? also why did alpha go postal so to speak and is the idea of a dollhouse morally evil or wrong?
I think Alpha went postal because all (or most) of his supposedly deleted artificial personas resurfaced all at once. I imagine that would drive almost anybody insane. I think the Dollhouse would be very hard to justify legally, which is why they're operating below the public radar and why there's an FBI agent on their tail. I wonder if the Dolls actually volunteered for their jobs ... or were they abducted? That would help explain why Echo is a missing person as far as the FBI is concerned.

I watched the first two episodes on Hulu.com tonight. No shortage of foot shots in this series... 😉

Anyway, it left me with some thoughts:

It seems unlikely that they would be able to cover the cost for this operation with just billionaire date money. Honestly, how much could they expect to charge these people for an engagement with one of these programmed actives.

The technology seems flawed as the incident with Alpha indicates. Perhaps this is all just a government test run for a way to produce better soldiers. This could explain later how they are able to keep afloat with a full staff, advanced facilities, tactical gear, helicopters, satellites, and people (purchased or otherwise).

My theory on Alpha is that he was used quite often like Echo is, and that the imprints they give for engagements seep into their subconscious like you see at the end of episode 2 with Echo giving the "shoulder to the wheel" motion. Perhaps the more they use them, the more unstable they get. Similar to flash drives that you wipe and reuse over and over again.

I'm not sure if all the Dolls volunteer for the job. It seems like Echo was in some sort of trouble in the beginning, like she did something bad, and this was an alternative "punishment or service" she could do instead. I think it's still morally wrong because you are blanking somebody, thus taking away their individuality, to imprint them with something else. I'd be curious how they get those imprints...

So many questions, I guess that just means it'll be a good series to watch. :wnod

Welcome, new fellow fan! :coolthumbup

That is a very thought-provoking post. I didn't even think about the start-up cost for the Dollhouse. Yes, they would have to have some substantial wealth-generating assignments already lined up unless it was a cover for something else. Intriguing. 😀

How is Hulu? I've tried out a few net streaming sites. But I haven't checked it out yet.

Well it's a legitimate site which is a plus, and the commercial ads are few and short for that matter. If you have high speed internet you can switch the shows to 480p Hi-Res, and they just added a HD Gallery for even more Res-y goodness.

The TV show selections are good for the most part, but their movie selection is kind of "meh" in my opinion. You can also catch a lot of clips as well which is a nice filler. They keep it pretty updated, like for example if you missed Simpsons on Sunday, it'll be uploaded to the site Monday. It doesn't cost a dime or even a registration to watch, so it's not a bad site to checkout. :cool

all the hollywood brother knows is that every week the hollywood brother is enjoying the show more and more and can not wait to see the alpha character

What's New

9/21/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome forum and take a second to say hello to us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back