• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Don't traumatize Veterans, Google safe fireworks displays near you!

FrenzyTickles

TMF Master
Live near a beach? You could go there & watch displays
instead of sending stuff whistling like missiles up in the air, blowing up bombs, sending Veterans back to Hell
- and not lose a tickling finger, win - win!!
😀

See here:
https://www.ky3.com/2023/07/01/fire...ebrate-america-while-watching-out-our-heroes/

NO MATTER WHERE YOU LIVE, just Google it...

https://parade.com/1227803/michelle-parkerton/fireworks-near-me/

And if you have pets, live with animals, you know how scared they get.
Wildlife are also traumatized, seriously messed up...
:scared:

You could head out to battlefield re-creations if you're in reach, lots of smoke & explosions there!!

Find free & safe fireworks displays near you that are controlled, away from residences.
All the above will be really grateful.

Last edited:
Yup and the sad fact is, my fiance and I's next door neighbor is a veteran and we all live quite near to a golf course that is sadly on the pro-tour and has a huge fireworks display every 4th of July.

I could actually heard my neighbor's girlfriend consoling him as he sobbed in his bed. I felt so incredibly BAD for the guy. I wish there was something I could have done for him. 🙁

I'm very sorry, that's awful, they need to either travel somewhere remote if they can or crank up the TV, radio, air conditioner, and invest in earplugs or headphones and listen to some relaxing Youtube track of waves crashing or thunderstorms...

Better yet, maybe they could petition the town -- None of that should happen anywhere near residences where combat veterans live. Even one.
I may be a total PITA Buzzkill but that's disgusting.

Such terrible irony that it's a celebration of freedom and those who died for it, but the soldiers who continue to maintain that today have never been given enough care or consideration. :disgust:

Last edited:
BUMP. Unfortunately this is still an issue. I guess it will continue to be. :disgust:

Last edited:
VA HOTLINE: 1-877-927-8387

"If you’re a vet or know one that is suffering this independence day, the VA offers free counseling to vets, there’s also the VA’s hotline at 1-877-927-8387."

Full article: https://www.ky3.com/2023/07/01/fire...ebrate-america-while-watching-out-our-heroes/

Fireworks and veterans with PTSD: How to celebrate America while watching out for our heroes

By Michael Hoffman
Published: Jul. 1, 2023 at 12:26 AM UTC

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (KY3) - The colorful and loud blasts from fireworks may be fun for many of us, but what some don’t realize is that these celebrations of American freedom can seriously impact the veterans who defended that freedom.

”I’m not gonna sit there and tell you that PTSD goes away,” said Robert Freeman with Veterans Affairs. “It doesn’t. It’s like type two diabetes, you get educated, you learn what you need to do, you do it. And after a while, it becomes a habit.”

Freeman spent more than 20 years in service to our nation, at the end of his service he was injured in combat, losing his arm. That trauma is intensified by Independence Day celebrations.

“When Fourth of July popped around It was very intense,” said Freeman. “The sound seemed more direct. And so that was it could be actually sometimes kind of terrifying not knowing what was going on where it was going on.”

He says when it comes to PTSD, many things can trigger it.

“Some people are never going to get over it brings back an image this that or the other thing or the smell of the gunpowder or that can just send somebody in total alert and anxiety situation, that they’re just going to suffer period,” said Freeman.

Andrea Bishop with the Counseling Collective in Springfield says there are a few coping mechanisms if the fireworks are overwhelming.

“The way to counteract that, then, is to put themselves back in their mind in their body at the present moment,” said Andrea Bishop Executive Director of the Ozarks Counseling Center. “And so that can include 5-4-3-2-1, looking around and, and naming five things in the room that you can see for that you can hear that type of thing, go through all the five senses, placing feet on the ground and feeling the ground underneath, doing deep breathing. Navy SEALs are fond of box breathing, which is four seconds in whole four seconds out, and four seconds.”

If you know a veteran, Freeman suggests reaching out to them this weekend.

“Hey, if you know who the veterans are notifying, hey, at eight o’clock, on the third, and at eight o’clock, on the fourth of July, we’re gonna set off a lot of fireworks,” said Freeman. “We want to be respectful, and we want to warn you, so you have a heads up on what’s going on.”

If you’re a vet or know one that is suffering this independence day, the VA offers free counseling to vets, there’s also the VA’s hotline at 1-877-927-8387.

To report a correction or typo, please email [email protected]

Copyright 2023 KY3. All rights reserved.

Last edited:
Should've BUMPED this a lot sooner.... There are always the idiots who insist upon blowing things up a few days before, probably including a finger or two.

Too many people obviously don't care about animals, and they'll traumatize veterans on the days we're supposed to be thanking and supporting them.... :ermm:

My neighbor and his GF moved to the Appalachians. He won't be tormented by fireworks anymore. Super happy for him.

That's great, (a little remote, but if it helps solve his difficulties...) I've heard they're beautiful! I'm very glad they found a good solution!
People are so horribly inconsiderate. :/

Yup, I'm just gonna miss the couple as they were good people with great senses of humor and made great bbq! 😉

What's New

10/18/2024
If you see some spam on the forum, report it with the report button on its lower left,
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back