• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

Election!!

chickles_:)

1st Level Red Feather
Hiya 😎

Oooh boy! 😱

So what do you think? Will Tony Blair win another majority or will it be a Conservative government?

Personally i've been a Blair supporter until that 45 minute fiasco. I only wish i could still vote!! - the downside to moving :grind_tee

I'd probably go Liberal Democrat. :weird:
What do the rest of you think?? 🙂

Many blessings

I don't follow British politics closely, but since none of my UK friends much likes Tony Blair, I think he might have a hard time winning re-election.

I'm voting LibDem but trust me Labour will win another term. The only real LibDem hope is that they either overtake the Conservatives as the majority opposition, or they manage to create a Coalition government.

wouldn.t that be ironic. as pennance for supporting bush in the war on terror, the people of britain would elect an even more conservative government.

It reminds me a little of the lbj administration. When the liberals saw no logical means to expression through voting, if you take out the fact that we made it to the moon before the rusians, the late 1960's was the worst time in American history.

As loathsome as the thought is, Labour WILL win re-election.

Hey, so long as they keep on with the policies that they've used so far, keep them in and get Lib. Dems. as the majority opposition. And remember, Gordon Brown could be next if... when Labour win.

I hope Labour don't get in...I didn't vote for them last time, and I sure as hell didn't this time either.
Then again, all three "major" parties are pretty much the same anyway, so I ended up sticking my vote on the UK Independent Party. Hopefully, it won't be a vote wasted...

Unfortunately, the latest is that Labour have 4 seats (out of the...is it 647?). On the upside, still a loooooong way to go yet (the fat lady is still warming up her vocal cords. 😛)

Hiya 😎
Wow! they're still counting the ballots! :wooha:
But they have declared a somewhat smaller Labour majority. 🙄 Still, i'm personally for that over a Thatcher-esque government.
I guess we'll see if Tony has tempered his approach now that he's been taken down a notch at least.

Great to hear such discussion though! Thanks everybody! 🙂

Where do you think it will lead in the next six months?

Friends of mine are saying Canada's likely to have another election soon too. Something about the minority government losing the confidence of the House over some scandal or other! Never a dull moment in Commonwealth politics! :weird:

Many blessings,

I just saw an in-depth PBS news story on the British elections in which analysts said that Blair has a lot of opposition from within his own party, and if re-elected, may resign before the end of his term, especially if Labour wins only a bare majority.

a word of warning to you Brits: don't vote for a pres... err.... whatever, commander and chief, or king, whatever you call your leader, don't vote for one with an I.Q. of 50 and a knack for war and finishing for what his daddy started. we did, and were still kicking ourselves.

i sometimes watch the house of commons i think it is debate crap like our congress on my basic cable channels which mysteriously has BBC 24/7 on channel 25. it's kinda commical, with the funny wigs, and the whole dealy-o. and i've come to find out, british politics is complicated. never thought it could get more complicated than ours, i was wrong. with the whole commonwealth, labour parties...

pardon my ranting, hehe.

Last edited:
why must we keep trying to insinuate that the man isn't intelligent. Is the self esteem of the liberals in this country so beat to hell that you have to keep childishly name calling. If you are so much smarter then him, why haven't i seen your name on a ballot?

To paraphrase a jokey old saying:

"Those who can, do; those who can't, go into politics." 😛

Sorry if that offended anyone. I don't really wanna start a flame war.

LOL, Koopa 🙂 I used to be a substitute teacher, and our saying was "Those who can, do; those who can't, teach; and those who can't teach, teach teachers" 😀

Hiya 😎
Yeah it kind of looked that way. But i don't think Tony will be stepping down any time soon. I kind of think he'll be there for a while yet. 🙄
But it wouldn't surprise me if it turned out that he stepped down in this term.

What does everyone else think? 🙂

Many blessings,

hopefully he will step down but most likely not. it was obvious they would win, look at their opposition, even more insuffrable than labour.

all i wanted to see was galloway win, and they who ran against blair get some votes.. which happend! so im happy

What's New

10/22/2024
Visit Clips4Sale for more tickling videos then you can count!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** Jojo45 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back