• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Electronic Cigarettes?

chicag0

TMF Master
So, I'm looking into getting one of those electronic cigarettes in an attempt to keep from making my boyfriend sick (he's allergic to smoke), to help me quit (apparently you can regulate the amount of nicotine you ingest) & to save money. However, most of the e-liquid and e-cigarettes are made in other countries, aren't FDA approved (though I imagine regular cigarettes aren't either) and in many cases, the amount of nicotine in the cartridges varies widely from how much the label says. My questions are - How much safer are e-cigarettes really from regular cigarettes? How can you determine how many drags = 1 cigarette since they don't burn, and are there any good USA made products I can look into?

I know this might not be the best place to go looking for information, but I can't really find much online, much of it is contradictory, and I can't really trust websites selling e-cigarettes saying their products are healthy, especially if they're just trying to make money. So any insight would be greatly appreciated.

I think Johnny Depp uses one in the movie "The Tourist". Not that it helps you any, just mentioning it because it could mean a trend in these becoming more mainstream. Sounds like a good alternative. Good luck with whichever you choose.

Thanks guys 🙂

My main concern is that the FDA found diethylene glycol (a major ingredient in antifreeze) in a few e-cigarette cartridges. Not sure if all cartridges containe that chemical and if so, how much is too much?

E cigs are awesome. I recommend going the refillable route, with atomizers or cartomizers, rather than getting one with cartridges. It will be less expensive and give you many more options in terms of flavors. A good place to start looking is http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ . I quit smoking by using them. A good starter e-cig would be one called a 510. Madvapes has a pretty awesome one that I would highly recommend. http://www.madvapes.com/510-PCC-KIT_c_213.html .That kit has almost everything you need to get you going. The only other thing you would need is your e-liquid. Most e-liquid suppliers will offer the choice of either a propylene glycol base, or a vegetable glycerin base. PG will give you better flavor but less vapor, while VG will give you more vapor but a slightly sweeter flavor. I personally tend to go with a mixture of about 40%pg60%vg. One place I could suggest to buy your liquid is www.freedomsmokeusa.com The liquid is made to order at cheap prices, very good quality flavors, and family owned. Wyatt Earps cowboy blend is a good flavor to duplicate a tobacco flavor, but there are thousands of other flavors.

Hope that helps get you started. 🙂

E cigs are awesome. I recommend going the refillable route, with atomizers or cartomizers, rather than getting one with cartridges. It will be less expensive and give you many more options in terms of flavors. A good place to start looking is http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ . I quit smoking by using them. A good starter e-cig would be one called a 510. Madvapes has a pretty awesome one that I would highly recommend. http://www.madvapes.com/510-PCC-KIT_c_213.html .That kit has almost everything you need to get you going. The only other thing you would need is your e-liquid. Most e-liquid suppliers will offer the choice of either a propylene glycol base, or a vegetable glycerin base. PG will give you better flavor but less vapor, while VG will give you more vapor but a slightly sweeter flavor. I personally tend to go with a mixture of about 40%pg60%vg. One place I could suggest to buy your liquid is www.freedomsmokeusa.com The liquid is made to order at cheap prices, very good quality flavors, and family owned. Wyatt Earps cowboy blend is a good flavor to duplicate a tobacco flavor, but there are thousands of other flavors.

Actually, Robace is gonna be mailing me a starter kit. I guess he has a few extras from a friend that was selling them. I dunno what brand it is, but I figured it's free and I could fiddle around with it before I make up my mind.

Thanks for the e-liquid link. The cheaper I can get the shit for, the better.

Now, I just have to get it and figure out how to work it. :/

Quitting smoking eh? My mother managed to quit...albeit via a somewhat harsh method (aka my father refused to open to door to our house for her until she put out her cigarette). I truly hope your struggle is less painful and entirely successful. ^_^

I'm pretty sure that Ecigs are banned in Washington state because they "promote harmful behavior" or some other nonsense like that. Our Governor is a fucking idiot.

Now, I just have to get it and figure out how to work it. :/

My thoughts exactly! This sounds too much like chemistry! 😛

Seriously, though, I was intrigued when I first heard about these, except that I imagine it's difficult to figure out when you're "done" since one cartridge was supposed to be like ten cigarettes, or something. I'm glad I quit smoking over six years ago, and don't have to worry about this. Now, if I could only get rid of this coffee addiction!

They do work

Hi They do work if you wear the patch with them each cartridge last about the same as 3 cigs you start off with the level of cig u smoke and then go lower i have the e cig it does work as i said you will need to wear the patch with it for a bout 3-5 weeks

M, I wish you the best on your quest to quit. I quit cold turkey in 1998 and haven't had one since. If a weak-willed wimp like me can quit, you can too. 🙂

Just found out NJ banned them in "indoor public places" already! WHAT!?!?!?

NINNY LAWS PREVAIL IN NJ! AGAIN!!

This is sickening proof that the smoking bans have NOTHING to do with the threat of "Second-hand Smoke" because with e-cigs THERE IS NO SMOKE- it's water vapor! Plus the exhaled water vapor contains NO NICOTENE, all the nicotene goes right into the lungs of the smoker.

They banned it before they even knew what it was because it LOOKS LIKE you're smoking. Inhalers and patches are still fine in this "Nanny-State" even though you get exactly the same amount of 2nd-hand smoke from a nicotene patch as you do from an e-cigarette- which is absolutely ZERO. IDIOTS!

It's still legal to buy and smoke it, just can't smoke in "indoor public places"... for NO REASON WHATSOEVER. How is it a bill like THIS piece of crap passes thru the NJ legislature instantly but any real reforms take forever?

What's New

9/22/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday Eve at 11PM EDT.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back