• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Ending a tickle scene, good and bad methods

Sablesword

TMF Master
When reading a tickle story, what are some good ways to wind up a tickling scene in the story? (Not necessarily the end of the story; the story may go on, either because it includes multiple tickle-scenes, or because there needs to be a wrap-up after the tickling itself ends.)

Or to turn it around: What ways of a tickle-session coming to an end do you absolutely hate to see, in a story you're reading?

This is a problem I've had myself. I often tend to fade out - by which I mean I set it up to make it known that the tickling is going to continue for a while, and then end the scene, usually to return in the next paragraph, which is set after the tickling and serves as something of an epilogue. It's not a great technique , but ending a tickling scene - or writing one for as long as it's supposed to go on - are two things I find very difficult. In my own case, I think of it as sort of the writers' equivalent of ending the picture at the knees because you suck at drawing feet.

This is a problem I've had myself. I often tend to fade out - by which I mean I set it up to make it known that the tickling is going to continue for a while, and then end the scene, usually to return in the next paragraph, which is set after the tickling and serves as something of an epilogue. It's not a great technique , but ending a tickling scene - or writing one for as long as it's supposed to go on - are two things I find very difficult. In my own case, I think of it as sort of the writers' equivalent of ending the picture at the knees because you suck at drawing feet.

I'm remembering a saw that no idea is so bad that a sufficiently skilled writer can't make it work (and no idea is so good that a bad writer can't ruin it).

Having a fade-out could be made to work, especially if the tickling is of the sort where the lee is fading out - not losing consciousness, but losing awareness of everything but the tickle (including losing awareness of the passage of time).

But using it as a crutch - "the writers' equivalent of ending the picture at the knees because you suck at drawing feet" - that's not so good.

Looking back on my own stuff, I tend to use "timed" tickle sessions. Which is practical but which also tends to be anticlimactic.

I tend to overuse outside interference as a means to end the tickling: another person shows up, or an event happens. In my mind it kind of breaks the elongated tickling moment, bringing the characters to a different mindset and thus leading them to perform different actions. It works for me most of the time but, like I said, I overuse it.

Context is probably important to when the tickling should stop. A lee passing out, or reaching a threshold where the tickling is too much and s/he needs a break, can work depending upon the 'ler. It can also end upon the breaking of the lee, like in an interrogation setting, though I don't think that's necessarily fun (but if the ler is only looking for information, it fits). Elsewhere, if your situation is a consensual significant other scene, having the lee use a safeword can work too, though that might serve as more of a pause than a hard stop.

Sometimes surprise works

Never forget the element of leaving a scene hanging. One thing I've noted in some of the stories written on the site is that people favor elongated tickling related scenes... granted, the key to the story is for tickling antics-I've noted-but if you're looking for something that focuses on story as well as tickling, it's good to consider a 'fade to black' moment where the tickling comes to an end via a changing of scenes... maybe something said or thought which brings it to a close.

The important factor behind this is that it allows the writer to come up with a 'thought process' which reflects back at any given time... so while the tickling might've abruptly ended, the character could suffer flashbacks to the situation, whether they be arousing or horrifying... it just adds definition to character development.

Then again I could just be crazy... I've been a writer for more than fifteen years, but this is the first time posting in here, so I'd rather not be presumptuous in my efforts either.

What's New

9/26/2024
The TMF Chatroom is always busy and its free1
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back