• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Fanmail?

Timewarp

3rd Level Red Feather
So just wondering if any artists, living or dead, get's any fanmail from anyone. If so is it good or bad? DO you respond or delete them.

i've received some fanmail before here's a sample

________
Subject: YOU SUCK

What the hell kind of bullshit do you think you're putting on the web you stupid mother fucking twatface I hate your art it sucks like your mom sucked me last night you should stop drawing because you draw like a 12 year old down syndrome patient and you should also kill yourself in the harshest way possible in hopes that you might have a chance at redeeming yourself in Gods eyes fare thee well assclown

_____

probably my best correspondance yet

I recieve fanmail often. 🙂

Its always good, to be honest. No one ever sends me e-mail, IMs me, or contacts me another way to berate me. Its never happened, to my recollection. Some people can be overly obsessed sometimes though. Going to the point of calling me a god, that I'm the best artist ever, etc. Surely it just shows how deep their fandom of me is, and I really really appriciate it but sometimes that can get irritating if it happens too much or too much from the same person...I almost feel like some of them are brownnosing me, and thats completely unnecessary. Their candor and level of enthusiasm is appriciated, but I can't say that I care for selfish suckups, especially if they're only like that because they want a request or something from me. And when thats the case, these people are usually transparent so I'm already well aware of what they're getting at.

Fortunately, this aspect of the fanmail isn't out of hand, and it fluctuates in frequence of occurance. Most of the messeges I recieve are of general kudos to past and current projects and words of encouragement, gratefulness and other salutations and appriciations. Another good portion of the mail are the art requests themselves, which some send to me anonymously because their request embarasses them and they wish to remain anonymous. I get folks like that often too, from both the tickling/fetish community and the general art community (but more from the fetish community obviously).

The more and more I branch out the more people want me to draw more of something. So I usually end up getting a following of people for that particular kind of art, in addition to the fanmail.

Its all good. 🙂

As for responding to the messeges, I always try to respond to all of them, even if it's brief. People ask alot of questions, and I try to answer them as best I can, even if they're asking something I'm not even sure about yet.

Its gotten to the point where all I can manage sometimes is "thank you" with a smilely face or something to assure them I've read their messege and appriciate it. I don't have the time to write personalized responses in every situation sometimes. So what I try and do is "filter", if you will, the messeges that are more than just "Wow, you're so awesome", etc., from the ones asking questions, giving thorough comments, and so on, so that the ones that stand out have my attention sooner.

I value every messege the same, but out of necessity treat some of them a little different and with more priority. I don't like having to do that, as I'm sensitive to their feelings, but I've just got to sometimes. Its just part of the "biz", as it were.

I do like knowing who I'm talking to or who I would be drawing a request for. So I do like having a chat with this person as a common courtesy, just asking them general things about themselves and their likes, etc., and why or what motivated them to want to see the picture they are asking for. Its out of this kind of curiousity and communcation that I've made several of the online friends I have. 🙂

Last edited:
I get fan mail pretty frequently, and all of it is good. Not by email since I dont really have an email addy that's public but a lot by PMs and some IMs. yes, I always respond. ^_^ it's awesome cause a lot of the people I hear from are lukers and/or people I don't know at all. So it's cool to know that people I dont even know see my stuff and like it so much that they feel compelled to write. =^_^=

Yeah, complete strangers, as most of these people are, coming to you because of your art is personally empowering. Knowing you have an audiance is really one of the fruits of being an artist, and it allows you to know how far you've come along. 🙂

Last edited:
I used to receive fan mail.
I rarely replied.

What's New

9/21/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome forum and take a second to say hello to us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back