• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

favorite batman...

melanie2

4th Level Blue Feather
since everyone seems to be talking about the new Batman movie "DarkKnight" which btw i didn't know referred to Batman...sighs..i was wondering..of all the actors who have portrayed Batman who is your favorite...and that includes the old series on TV for those of you old enough to remember Adam West as Batman..sighs..

for me hmm i liked Micheal Keaton best...he was able to portray the dark side of his character very convincingly..and i found him super sexy...:redface: imagine finding Beetlejuice sexy lol..

who was your favorite Batman?

my favorite batman was also michael keaton. he's such a quality dramatic actor as well as an excellent comedian. that versatility gave his rendition of batman such a mysterious quality. christian bale was good in "batman begins".....I didnt really engage with his performance that much in "the dark knight", I have no idea why.

I know of the Adam West tv series but I can say I have never seen a full episode of it so I can't judge that...

To me the best are Christian Bale and Michael Keaton
The worst goes to Val Kilmer and George Clooney.

Christian Bale is absolutely perfect as Batman; I can't even imagine anyone else playing the part now. In fairness, Michael Keaton did a pretty good job too.

Kilmer and Clooney made the mistake of signing on to play the part in movies with really, really terrible scripts. Kilmer and Clooney, who aren't that great at acting to begin with, are to carry the burden of being the Dark Knight...not a chance, sir. Clooney is the same guy in every film he's in. Still, the Worst Batman award goes to Clooney; turning the Dark Knight into a really bad stand-up comic.

o now now i must disagree about Val Kilmer not being a fantastic actor..did you never see him as Jim Morrison? as Doc Holiday? as the Shadow? it must have been the directing or the scripts..he made Jim come alive again...and of course he was the purrrrfect Iceman..

the hollywood brother thinks it is a toss up between adam west and george clonney. adam west did a great batman that was just so much fun and his villians were all great actors. i thought that george clooney did a good job of making batman fun again. while i like christian bale and micheal keaton, i think the funnier batmen actors are better. the only one who i did not like was val kilmer. his delivery of his lines and the character were just too dry and not very entertaining in any way to the hollywood brother

Come to think of it, Clooney wasnt too bad. Definitely not the best one, though. The nipples on the batsuit kind of detracted from his performance, though 😛 perhaps this was an attempt to push batman into kinkier territory

Clooney is the worst and admitted to not even trying. Christian Bale is my fav by far. Val Kilmer is a great actor, but not as batman, he killed me as Doc Holliday.

I'd say Keaton's gotta be my favorite so far. I love Bale, but man his Batvoice wasn't all that great. Now Kevin Conroy... that's a Batvoice!

i remember the Batman phase when it first came on tv back in the sixties..all us kids were sooo excited...we all watched..and we all came to school the next day with our fingers crossed as the voice over had said to do at the end of the program..same bat time...same bat channel...and i had a huge crush on Robin..Burt Ward..however he didn't look nearly as good out of costume..

and there were the 45 records and the albums..all variations of the Batman theme...i remember doing a show and tell with a Batman mask, cape, some sort of stick etc..god we were corny back then lol...

You did the Batusi with the best of 'em, didn't ya? 😉

Here's another vote for Kevin Conroy. Mark Hamill's take on the Joker was also spot-on, damned near quintessential (and that against impressive competition!) Of the live-action performances, I favor Michael Keaton's. The Dark Knight was a spectacular picture, but Christian Bale has struck me as a rather uninteresting Bruce Wayne and monotone Batman in both films. Robert Downy Jr.'s Ironman... now there's a dynamic superhero!

I've got to go with Christian Bale. For a while I'd liked Val Kilmer better, but since I saw Batman Begins, and later The Dark Knight, Bale showed me that he does have what it takes to be a great Batman.
Now if he can just do a Batvoice without sounding like he needs a lozenge...

Overall, I'd say Christian Bale. He really brought to life the picaresque character the Batman truly is, and how he'd stop at just about nothing to squeeze out the root of evil (save from murder).
Out of the older movies, I'd have to saw Keaton. He was really good, and some of the 'weak points' may be because his outfit could weigh upwards of 80lbs. 😛 😉

of course, i'd have to go with the obvious, bale is my favorite. and yeah, his batman voice is a little over the top but hey, gotta give the man credit for trying. as for the worst..i'd say it was val kilmer.

Just to play devil's advocate here, it's hard to humanly separate the actor from the production he's stuck with. Michael Keaton and Christian Bale had the big advantage of being in original productions that pretty much remained true to the source material that the comic book fans loved. Val Kilmer and George Clooney had the big disadvantage of being in the remains of a movie series that had already gone bad under the original director and then had a radical gay director who put his own counter-mainstream spin on their movies.

My favorite rendition of batman was Adam West. Even though he seemed a terribly inaccurate portrayal of the batman of the comics, he had so much personality. All of the other portrayals of batman on the silver screen are too... bland, perhaps... for me. On the other hand, the villains of batman always entertain me thoroughly. They always seem so animated.

I agree with littlebighead on the point of Robert Downey Junior playing Tony Stark being quite impressive, as well. I enjoyed all of the subtleties of that particular performance a great deal.

Hmm... I'd have to say Michael Keaton. By far the best batman for me. He really portrayed batman for what he really is: a crime-fighting hero with a dark personality. Also, he had the essential mix of elegance and dark charisma for Bruce Wayne.

I really have to go with Christian Bale. His written role as Batman is the first honest and serious writing on the character for either movies or TV.

Now here come the essential criteria those of you who disagree with me need to observe. There is a dividing line between those of us who really only know the 60's era campy Batman and those of us who know how far off the mark the 60's campy Batman actually was. For those of you who never really knew the Dark Knight concept naturally you'll gravitate to Keaton. Keaton gave a damn good performance in the role written for him.

This is why I really like the Batman Bale was asked to play. It is far closer to the Batman I see as natural. Possibly another actor could play it better there is only Bale in the comparison. The question really isn't the actors per se, but the concepts of Batman brought to the screen. And Sammy-chan I have to disagree on Bale's Batvoice. Bale gave the Batvoice in the over the top human sense that I always imagined from the comics.

No Bale is not Conroy. I do agree that Conroy is the voice of Batman. That is why he is a VA. He was chosen specifically for his voice. He knows how to make it work for the animation. In that respect he is the best.

And I want to third the motion that Robert Downey Jr. bar none... is Tony Stark end of story. Damn was I impressed by that movie.

Favorite Batman? Probably Michael Keaton, only because I found Adam West to be horrible and Christian Bale's "Batman" voice really annoying.

28312~Michael-Keaton-Posters.jpg

Heath Ledger rocked as Joker and Aaron Eckhart was great as Two-Face.

I'd say Christian Bale did the best performance as the Batman as did the deceased Heath Ledger as the Joker.

I'd say Christian Bale did the best performance as the Batman as did the deceased Heath Ledger as the Joker.

that movie has now beaten Titanic for movie sells records i believe..i'll wait til it comes to pay per view like i always do...i just hope it's in HD...

What's New

9/26/2024
The TMF Chatroom is always busy and its free1
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back