• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Favorite Forgotten Movies

FeatherDaemon1

1st Level Orange Feather
What are some of your favorite movies that have totally fallen off the radar? Its amazing how easily we forget about these flicks in the chaos of life.

One movie that I totally forgot about that I used to love was Midnight Madness. It came out in 1980 and it was all over cable in the mid 80's. I would watch it whenever it was on. The funny thing about this movie was that I remembered some of the quotes from the movie without remotely thinking about the movie.

The movie was a based on a race. Some college students were grouped into teams to locate and decipher clues. The setting was Los Angeles (I think) There were 5 teams (I think) which were given colors. One clue would lead to another clue and hilarious hijinx ensues. And yes, this movie starred a very young Michael J. Fox (not in the clip).

Any of you peeps out there remember this scene?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR5oEfecYmo&feature=related

Any other forgotten gems out there?

Firesign Theater - J Men Forever (that's actually out on DVD now). An evil genius tries to monopolize all of the radio stations in Los Angeles. Comprised of appropriated scenes from old Republic Pictures serials from the 1930's and 40's.

Firesign Theatre - Hot Shorts - Only ever released on Selectavision discs (early 80's). More found-footage cut-ups with new dialogue!

I dont see Pulp Fiction around much anymore.

I not only remember Midnight Madness, I could recite it to you. And a couple years ago, I tracked it down and bought several copies for me and my brothers. Classic.

Firesign Theater - J Men Forever (that's actually out on DVD now). An evil genius tries to monopolize all of the radio stations in Los Angeles. Comprised of appropriated scenes from old Republic Pictures serials from the 1930's and 40's.

Firesign Theatre - Hot Shorts - Only ever released on Selectavision discs (early 80's). More found-footage cut-ups with new dialogue!

Those were great, I'll have to check out the whole movie when I get a chance. I heard about Firesign Theater but I never actually indulged. Thanks for posting the clips.

I loved Midnight Madness. I at times have created Scavenger Hunts like that. I made one for my dorm that lasted nearly a month!

I plan on doing one for National Pharmacy Week this year

I loved Midnight Madness. I at times have created Scavenger Hunts like that. I made one for my dorm that lasted nearly a month!

I plan on doing one for National Pharmacy Week this year

That movie sounds pretty awesomely awesome!! :tounge: I remember doing some mini things like that for our Youth a while back, and a larger scale city one involving car groups that ended back up at the church. It was stupid, frustrating, and annoying at times, but boy was it fun in the end. Oh! And also the driver doing U-turns while still going 50km, or abruptly stopping while going like 80km/50m! Ha! And making a passenger feel like she was going to be sick. Oh, the fond memories. :laughing:

Here's an old early-80's horror that I feel deserves more respect than it gets. Certainly better than the 4.5 stars it's received from movie goobers over on the IMDb.

Here's an old early-80's horror that I feel deserves more respect than it gets. Certainly better than the 4.5 stars it's received from movie goobers over on the IMDb.

We need to have an official Stephen Furst film fest. :laughing: Including his St. Elsewhere episodes.

Others here may not share the feeling, but I will always fondly remember the movie "A Boy and his Dog".

It had an under appeal like movies such as Logan's Run, for what I was able to tell... but I thought it was a well enough told story, for the subject matter and its time.

Does anyone else remember this?

And with regard to Stephen Furst, I am not clear, but curious to learn... did he direct or star? I knew of him from B5, but not from before...

What's the name of that movie? An IMDB search under "Daily Grind" comes up blank.

Others here may not share the feeling, but I will always fondly remember the movie "A Boy and his Dog".

It had an under appeal like movies such as Logan's Run, for what I was able to tell... but I thought it was a well enough told story, for the subject matter and its time.

And with regard to Stephen Furst, I am not clear, but curious to learn... did he direct or star? I knew of him from B5, but not from before...

Well his most famous role was that of Flounder in Animal House. Flounder was the inspiration for one of Melanizzles quotes in her sig, "Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son." He's been in a bunch of movies and TV spots here and there. He is also into directing. His filmography is actually quite extensive.

Attachments

• furst55.jpg
    furst55.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 3
  • flounder_animal_house_1c.jpg
    flounder_animal_house_1c.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 2
New Jack City and Bebe's Kids.

Those are the only ones I can think of for now.

In the one I referenced(The Unseen), he plays the huge mongoloid son of another great veteran character-actor, Sydney Lassick, an evil man who captures the occasional pretty girl(in this case, Barbara Bach), and throws them down in the cellar with Stephen.

What's the name of that movie? An IMDB search under "Daily Grind" comes up blank.

Are you referring to the one that player 0 referenced, kopfhorer? It's called Dellamorte Dellamore, aka Cemetery Man.

Another rarely seen movie that deserves mention is the crazy-assed Made-For-TV horror thriller Bad Ronald. Worth a look...if you can find it. :happy:

Or try Bliss, a rare 1986 movie from New Zealand. It's a quirky, original ride, with an ending that blew me away.

What's New

9/25/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome forum, and take a moment to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back