• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Favorite rock opera?

melanie2

4th Level Blue Feather
What is your favorite rock opera..although i love the music in The Who's Tommy..i don't care for the premise..and there are certain aspects of Rocky Horror Picture Show that i like..especially RiffRaff's voice and Tim Curry's rendition of Sweet Transvestite...but my all time favorite rock opera is Jesus Christ Superstar..the original movie soundtrack...the music is intense, parts are hard to sing right...such as Simon Zealot's song called Christ you know i love you..the beginning track is difficult, unless you can hit it exactly right..and Carl Anderson, Ted Neeley..the guy who played Pontius Pilate and the guy who played Annas..and the guy who played Ciaphus..those guys voices were simply amazing..

What is yours? and without furthur eloquence...

Discuss!!!!!! hehe..

I guess you'd have to make a small leap to consider it a rock "opera", but since it's been performed in its entirety live for an entire tour...complete with a female singer playing the "Mary" role...

...I'd have to go with Queensryche's Operation: Mindcrime.

Rock opera? :huh Well though I'm a little 'miffed' on whether it would be considered 'rock' opera or 'metal' opera (my weakness :blush) or 'what', I think I'd have to say: Nightwish - with the new or old singer, or Within Temptation . :ggrin:

And for whenever I'm feeling like posing as being 'cultured' Lacrimosa .

What distinguishes a "rock opera" loke Tommy or Quadrophenia from a rock-based musical like Rent or Hair (and why do they all have one-word titles 🙂 )?

I saw Rent about 10 years ago, and it rocked!

Repo The Genetic Opera is currently my favorite rock opera

Followed by:
Rocky Horror
Jesus Christ Superstar
Tommy

hmm i suppose Hair et al could be considered a rock opera, per se..

None of you guys have ever seen Repo: The Genetic Opera? Phail. Go see it. Nao. It's awesome--not for the faint of heart, though---they're remaking it into a non-musical live-action flick, but I'm not as interested--the plot's nothing alike as far as I can tell, and the music is the best part XD

~K

What's New

9/26/2024
The TMF Chatroom is always busy and its free1
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back