• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Favourite Books

tickle_fan031

2nd Level Green Feather
What were you're favourite books as a kid and now?

I always used to like Roald Dahl books,Mr Men and Little Miss Collection and Enid Blyton and the Famous Five and Secret 7-they were cool.

I don't read as much as I shoudl do anymore but I do like the Harry Potter books,autobiographies-I've still yet to read Graham Norton's and 2 of Robbie Williams',they've been sat on my shelf for ages....but I think that's coz I spent too much time on the internet.hehe

I have a lot of favorites. Books by Paul Zindel, Robert Bakker, Patricia Wrede, and some Tom Clancy novels.

I've always favored science fiction, then and now: Robert Heinlein (Stranger in a Strange Land, The Green Hills of Earth, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress, Time Enough For Love, The Puppet Masters, Starship Troopers, etc, etc, etc....); Harry Harrison (the Stainless Steel Rat series, the Deathworld series, the West of Eden trilogy); Larry Niven (the Ringworld trilogy); Issac Azimov (the Foundation series); Frank Herbert (the Dune series); Harlan Ellison (countless essays and short stories); H.G. Wells (War of the Worlds, The First Men in the Moon, The Island of Dr. Moreau, etc.); Jules Verne (20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, A Journey to the Center of the Earth, Around the World in 80 Days, Michael Strogoff, etc.); Ray Bradbury (The Illustrated Man, The Martian Chronicles, etc.); E.E. "Doc" Smith (the Skylark series, the Lensemen series); Fred Saberhagen (the Berserker series). Plenty of others, too, with titles I can't readily bring to mind. I'm also very keen on the adventure classics: Treasure Island, Ivanho, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, The Sea Wolf, etc. Also most keen on the Tolkein Lord of the Rings series.

Last edited:
My favourite books of all time are the "Adrian Mole" series by Sue Townsend, "War of the Worlds" by H.G. Wells, "Alice in Wonderland" by Lewis Carroll, "Memoirs of a Geisha" by Arthur Golden and "The Catcher in the Rye" by J.D. Salinger. And I do like Harry Potter and autobiographies as well. 😀

Tickle_Fan, Graham Norton's autobiography is the best autobiography I've read. Read it. Start tonight - you'll have finished it by Friday. 😉

EDIT: My favourite books as a kid were the Goosebumps books by R.L. Stine.

Last edited:
Senshi said:
My favourite books of all time are the "Adrian Mole" series by Sue Townsend, "War of the Worlds" by H.G. Wells, "Alice in Wonderland" by Lewis Carroll, "Memoirs of a Geisha" by Arthur Golden and "The Catcher in the Rye" by J.D. Salinger. And I do like Harry Potter and autobiographies as well. 😀

Tickle_Fan, Graham Norton's autobiography is the best autobiography I've read. Read it. Start tonight - you'll have finished it by Friday. 😉

EDIT: My favourite books as a kid were the Goosebumps books by R.L. Stine.

Oh I remmber reading Adrian Mole at school.I've seen Memoirs of a Geisha-what's the book like?Oh yeah I used to collect Goosebumps books and was made up when they started making them into tv programmes.

I have actually made a start on Graham Norton's one-but it was ages ago,but had to stop coz I had too much work on and forgot to get back into it again-I think I got a quarter of the way through it and really enjoyed it,but can't remember everything so I think I'll start it again,just so I don't miss anything 😀

I've seen Memoirs of a Geisha-what's the book like?
In all fairness, the film stayed pretty faithful to the book - only a couple of minor, minor characters were cut out. But the book was obviously a lot longer, and there were a lot more little anecdotes scattered around, which gave it more depth. But I did really enjoy the film.

Oh, and the ending was a bit different, which surprised me.

Yeah, Graham Norton's book is the best. It's a bit rude in places, but a very funny book on the whole.
As for Goosebumps, at that time I didn't have the Fox Kids channel, so I could never watch it on there. I was proper gutted, I tell thee.

In no particular order:

Luo Gunazhong's The Three Kingdoms, Sun Tzu's The Art of War, Alexandre Dumas' The Three Musketeers and Count of Monte Cristo, Frank Herbert's series Dune, and of course, Douglas Adams' Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Hey, has anybody else here ever read "The Terrible Tickler" I forget the author, but it was about a boy w/a bully problem--a 'ler bully problem. I read that book in the fourth grade---one of the first times I got "that feeling in my stomach..."

Edit: Anyway, it's about a boy who's going to be in a wrestling match with the school bully---Alvin is INCREDIBLY ticklish, and Brian just LOVES taking advantage of it in public---and they have to wrestle together. Some great tkling scenes in that one, even if it is M/M. Stephen Mooser is the author, btw :happy:

Last edited:
i read a lot of Hardy Boys books as a kid, and i also really liked this book called Deathwatch by Robb White.

now my favorite books are Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood, A Brief History Of Time by Stephen Hawking (should be required reading in high school), Hyperspace by Michio Kaku, The Perks Of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky, and Against Method by Paul Feyerabend.

only two of those books are fiction books... how exciting...

TKLVR18 said:
Hey, has anybody else here ever read "The Terrible Tickler" I forget the author, but it was about a boy w/a bully problem--a 'ler bully problem. I read that book in the fourth grade---one of the first times I got "that feeling in my stomach..."

Aw wow I never heard of that...that sounds like a cool book to read.And you can't beat 'that feeling in your stomach' when you stumble across something like that.hehe

batch said:
now my favorite books are Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood

I like this too, I've to read it for school now 🙂

As a child I read this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Clare's_series

In german it's called "Hanni und Nanni". This is older stuff, I got it from my mum and really loved it 🙂

"Le Petit Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry is a cute one 🙂

One of my favourite books is "To Kill a Mockingbird" by Harper Lee.

Today, I also like "1984" by George Orwell, "The Old Man and the Sea" by Ernest Hemingway, "Angels and Demons" by Dan Brown, " Sophie's World" by Jostein Gaarder, "Gone with the wind" by Margaret Mitchell and so on. I also like Harry Potter =)

I don't know how popular german authors are in other countrys.

"The Magic Mountain" by Thomas Mann, "Homo Faber" by Max Frisch and "Intrigue and Love" by Schiller are three of my favourites 🙂

All of Al Frankens books

Anything by Stephen King of course.

Gremio said:
All of Al Frankens books

Anything by Stephen King of course.
Oh yeah, that reminds me - "The Green Mile" should be on my list, too - undoubtedly one of the greatest books ever. Thanks for that. 🙂

batch said:
it's a brilliant book, isn't it?

Of course, I like it 🙂

I'm looking for the film, our teacher said, there is a film about the book. Have you ever seen it?

Fave books right now are Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson and Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk.

Snail Shell

Snail Shell said:
Fave books right now are Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson and Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk.

Snail Shell
Usually the book is better than the film, but is this the case with Fight Club? I get the impression that it'd be really complicated to read.

candyfloss said:
Of course, I like it 🙂

I'm looking for the film, our teacher said, there is a film about the book. Have you ever seen it?

that i haven't.

TKLVR18 said:

Edit: Anyway, it's about a boy who's going to be in a wrestling match with the school bully---Alvin is INCREDIBLY ticklish, and Brian just LOVES taking advantage of it in public---and they have to wrestle together. Some great tkling scenes in that one, even if it is M/M. Stephen Mooser is the author, btw :happy:

Sounds like a good book. I just may have to track it down and read it.

F.L. Atlanta said:
Sounds like a good book. I just may have to track it down and read it.

Yea, it's def an interesting read---but be warned, it's for fourth-graders or so. So it'll give u an interesting read for an hour ro so😛

TKLVR18 said:
Yea, it's def an interesting read---but be warned, it's for fourth-graders or so. So it'll give u an interesting read for an hour ro so😛

I'm sure that I can handle that book.

i'm currently reading the 3 novels from the game Halo, i'm on the 2nd one, The Flood now, gonna be on First Strike next. after that, i'm gonna read my entire collection of Resident Evil novels all over again, there are like 7 of them in all. they are my favorite books of all time. after that, probably gonna get back to reading some more Mechwarrior novels.

I'll just summarize: Star Wars, Harry Potter, Eragon, some Action/Adventure, and some more Sci-Fi. :happy:

As a history undergrad, I'm forever reading books so i kinda get bored of reading by the time it comes to doing so for pleasure. Saying that - I love J.R.R. Tolkien's work (ie. The Lord of the Rings, The Simarillion) etc etc.

(suprised no-one has mention them yet).

i tried reading Starship Troopers by Robert Heinlin, and even though i was in high school at the time, it seemed very boring, like 3/4's of it was about the politics and what the future is like. am i wrong or was it because i was young?

What's New

9/20/2024
Clips4Sale offers the most tickling clips in one place on the entire web.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back