• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Games With Good Local Co-Op?

Senshi1

Staff
Morning, all. I've been looking for some recommendations from people about video games with good co-operative play? I figure I'll keep it console non-specific, so this thread might help other people with different consoles down the road.

A couple that keep cropping up are Diablo 3, the dungeon-crawling loot-fest RPG, and Rayman Legends, side-scrolling 2D platformer.

Any recommendations from the community?

Have you tried the following:

Gauntlet: Slayer Edition

X-Men Legends 2

Define "Local Co-Op." Do you mean games with co-op campaigns (online)? or games good to play via system link or LAN party?

If the latter, I'd go with fighting games, or shooter games with linear campaigns. Like some of the older Halo games. Halo 3 and Halo Reach are fucking awesome to play co-op.

PC I'd go with open world survival games that support LAN. Ark Survival Evolved, 7 Days to Die, Minecraft. Things of that nature.

On the Playstation side of things, I'd go with Resident Evil or Gears of War.

If you have a Wii, just about anything made by Nintendo will do.

Alternatively, if you have money to spare, you could pick up Rock Band or Guitar Hero. Those are good to play with 2-4 people. If you don't mind spending some money for all the needed peripherals.

He means games he and I can play whilst sitting next to each other that preferably have us on the same side xD right now I think we're leaning Rayman, I love a good platformer 😀 also want to get the updated Diablo III, played through most of the campaign on the PS3 version, loved it, and the ps4 version is different enough to justify the updated version. Thanks for the input guys!

~K

Yeah, by local co-op I meant couch co-op. We just have the one TV, so unfortunately online co-op is out the window for us. :/ I'll refrain from ranting about online play taking over and local play being neglected, but I will say that a good couch co-op game is a rare treat these days.

The Lego games are fun in co-op, with the ability to free-roam seperately and not be tied together, but there's one big problem with Lego games, in my experience - they are almost unplayably glitchy. Loved Lego Marvel, but no joke, it hard-crashed (as in required the console to be unplugged from the wall) three times in the first night alone that I played it, and rarely works without having to be rebooted for much more than an hour. Honestly, it makes Bethesda games look like they were put together by a bunch of OCD perfectionists with a quality control department the size of a small country.

It would be nice if they remade some of the old side scrolling fighting games wouldn't it? Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, Final Fight, and TMNT: The Manhattan Project would all be welcome additions in my book to the PS4 and such.

Have you tried Dragon's Crown Senshter /Impster? I've heard it's alot of fun. 😀

Looking up footage of the couch co-op for Diablo 3 reminds me of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, which was one of my favorite gamecube games and one of the most fun I've had with couch co-op.

Rayman is cool and should be relatively cheap now though.

I'd LOVE it if they re-released Golden Axe or Streets of Rage. Some high-quality HD sprite art, bit of control tightening, perhaps some updated/remixed versions of the music, couple new features and game modes, they could be a couple of truly great downloadable titles.

I STILL play through Streets of Rage 2 at least once or twice a year, usually within the same week.

Dynasty Warriors and, for the Wii U crowd, Hyrule Warriors have also proven to be a blast to play in co-op. Particularly Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires, as you can create your own characters to fight as, with, and against.

I'd LOVE it if they re-released Golden Axe or Streets of Rage. Some high-quality HD sprite art, bit of control tightening, perhaps some updated/remixed versions of the music, couple new features and game modes, they could be a couple of truly great downloadable titles.

Also a level up system and a way to spend the cash your earn from beating up monsters / thugs (like a shop where you can purchase extra health bars, extra magic / energy bars, extra lives, increase your stats, or purchase improved weapons) would be really cool too! I think the Double Dragon Remake had something similar to that. 😀

Read Below
~K

We meant couch co-op

Then in that case, almost all of the games that I listed (except ARK and 7 Days to Die) will do the trick. Basically, look for any popular games dated around 2010 to 2004. That was more or less the golden age for couch co-op games.

The Halo games, some of the earler Call of Duty games, Most fighting games, Borderlands 1 and 2, Resident Evil 5, the Lego games...

The term you're looking for in the gaming world is "split-screen," or "offline co-op." Just type that into google and you'll get hundreds of results.

Or walk into any GameStop and ask the guy at the counter for some decent splitscreen games.

Gears of War series is great for local co-op. Good story to work through while you play, if you like FPS.

Hmmm...can you play Hyrule Warriors in side by side player co-op?

Actually, yes you can. 😛 And I know it's repetitive and corny, but I love Hyrule Warriors. The decision to include not one, but TWO Midnas was a wise one indeed.

Yes you can! And on the WiiU one person can have the Gamepad and one can have the TV screen and it is fantastic. Played it just about to death, but it's still fantastic XD

~K

The only Co-Op game that I can play online is Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Clone Campaigns.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of online play, either. :/ Especially co-op - playing with random strangers is uncomfortable to me. I know a lot of people like it, and that's cool, but to me, it's about the same as pulling some random guy off the street and saying "hey, wanna come in and watch a movie with me?".

Yeah, I'm not a fan of online play, either. :/ Especially co-op - playing with random strangers is uncomfortable to me. I know a lot of people like it, and that's cool, but to me, it's about the same as pulling some random guy off the street and saying "hey, wanna come in and watch a movie with me?".

Never play an MMO then.

Leroy Jenkins. xD Haven't thought about that one in a while.

I know right? I can't decide which is funnier, the fact that the party's plan for the raid was for the benefit of Leroy's player in particular or the fact that Leroy's player himself was the one to cause it all to go to hell and the party to get massacred (all because he never listened to the plan that was being planned for him). LOL.

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but I have to say that the console version of Diablo 3 is one of my personal favourite couch co-op games of all time. It seems like it was designed specifically with couch co-op in mind, with all the little conveniences you wish most other games had. 😛

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but I have to say that the console version of Diablo 3 is one of my personal favourite couch co-op games of all time. It seems like it was designed specifically with couch co-op in mind, with all the little conveniences you wish most other games had.

Can you make it so the 2nd player slot is automatically filled by an NPC of one of the main classes? If not, is there a mod to allow a party-based system of at least two main characters plus some followers?

Can you make it so the 2nd player slot is automatically filled by an NPC of one of the main classes? If not, is there a mod to allow a party-based system of at least two main characters plus some followers?

I haven't completed the game yet, but from what I've seen, you can recruit one NPC to accompany you, but they're pre-existing characters, and you have to meet them first.

What's New

9/20/2024
Clips4Sale offers the most tickling clips in one place on the entire web.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back