• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Gaming Nostalgia, have any memories?

Wii

TMF Master
I'm sure most of us remember back during the days of the SNES, Dreamcast, and even the Playstation, but I gotta ask...

Which games do you think are the most memorable to you?

For me, during the PS1 days, THIS GUY was the fuel of my nightmares:

scissormanlogo.gif

Meet Scissorman, the antagonist of a barely known Playstation point-and-click horror game called Clock Tower. All through the game (minus the Prologue and break points), you were being hunted by this guy through four buildings. An apartment complex, a small home, a library, and finally an old castle. What makes him so scary? Well, besides the fact that you have no weapons by your side to take him head on, every time he disappears, he'll reappear in some random and bizarre area you wouldn't even think twice of looking. Hell, he popped out of a friggin' washing machine before. Yeah, this guy can literally be hiding in any room in the game, and you wouldn't even know it until he jumped out.

Oh, did I mention that his bloodline is part of some sick cult that worships Satan and thus makes him immortal to even gunfire? There's your curveball of the day, people.

Last edited:
Old school NES stuff, all the way. I grew up on that stuff. Particular favorites were the Super Mario games, the original Legend of Zelda and Mike Tyson's Punch Out.

http://www.imperial-library.info/bestiaries/morrowind_large_cliffracer-1.jpg

Tremble in fear, mortals! For I am that which shall haunt your deepest darkest nightmares, and when you awaken in a cold sweat, know that I shall be there, pecking at your head while cawing for you blood! And know this: If you slay me, 10 more shall take my place. And if you run, I shall follow you to the ends of the earth, when as soon as you think you are safe, I shall be there, with dozens of my brothers. Cry mortal! CRY IN TERROR AT THE FACE OF EVIL!

Oh you guys are so young. I actually had a pong/shooting game system that only ran on a black and white set. I also had one of the first Intellivision systems in my proverbial block. Now there was a console ...

NES and Atari were my first, even though I'm a little young.. we had an Atari!

My fondest gaming memories are of an old Asteroids game in a Philippine pizza parlour and a Pac-Man in a sleazy dive I used to frequent 😉 I had the high score on both games at various times.

I'll join the "I'm way too old for this thread" crowd. When I was about 10, we had the old Coleco Pong-type game with a click-dial that selceted between Pong, Tennis, Jai Lai and shit. Plus, had a light gun for skeet. Then, we moved up to the brand-new Atari 2600 and I was totally blown away. I have fond memories of Yar's Revenge.

It's funny, because I was just having this conversation with a young co-worker just yesterday who's into gaming and loves the vintage stuff. We lost a lot when we lost the "arcade" subculture. I have very fond memories of ten bucks worth of quarters and some friends at the arcade. When the first vector-graphics games came out (Tempest, Star Wars Death Star Trench) it was like magic. Back then, you were considered an awesome gamer if you mastered "Defender".

As far as consoles, though, and to answer the actual question of this thread 😉 this came up in said conversation. For my money, if you took all the games and placed them in the perspective of thier time and what was available at the time of the game's popularity...I still stand by my claim that the very first "Resident Evil" was the best game ever. Before everyone was used to the concept of survival horror, and knew all about Umbrella and everything...that game was awesome. I remember one morning, with my ex and her two daughters watching, going through that hallway where the fuckin' dogs jump through the windows, and all of us jumped out of our seats. It was a smart game, challenging but winnable without being 12 with an IGN cheat-code account, and the storyline was as engagin as any film.

(And yeah...I also played Clock Tower, and it was good as well.)

One of my fave "old school" games on the original 8-bit NES from '86, and for the same reasons as Resident Evil, was the very first Castelvania. Fuckin' game was HARD, the graphics were great and the game was a lot of fun.

Last edited:
My own earliest video game memories were of Atari Pong. I found it about 8 years before the first Atari 2600 game consoles went on sale, in a bar which was next door to a stereo shop (they sold some pretty interesting gear as I recall!).

And then, much later on, there was Dragon's Lair...

Last edited:
Oh...Dragon's Lair. That game was amazing in its day.

I used to play Pong on a demonstrator model at an electronics store when I was very young. Many years later I ended up using the connector from a discarded Atari 2600 to jury-rig an ancient portable TV to accept a VCR, despite the TV's not having an F-connector.

Oh Valerie....you've brought back some great memories of old-school tech to rig things! God, I miss the 80's. 🙂

What's New

9/20/2024
Clips4Sale offers the most tickling clips in one place on the entire web.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back